With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip to London with side trip to Wales/daytrip?
- 2 Barcelona on budget
- 3 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 4 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 5 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 6 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 7 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 8 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 9 New Dublin Museum
- 10 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 11 German Train travel
- 12 Car service- Suitcase & hand luggage
- 13 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 14 To St. Pancras at stupid-o'clock: how would you do it?
- 15 How best to spend a long day in Warnemunde
- 16 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites
- 17 Cheese Tours in Italy
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 Uber in Poland and Germany
- 20 Northern Italian Food
- 21 Does anyone ever "meet the locals"?
- 22 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 23 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 24 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 25 ANDALUCIA IN AUTUMN