With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Iceland Entire Ring Road or South/Interior
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain vacation help
- 2 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 3 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 4 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 5 Which Florence hotel?
- 6 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 7 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 8 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 11 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 12 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 13 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 14 Greece after the Vote
- 15 6-Week Europe Itinerary - Thoughts and Suggestions?
- 16 6 Days in Italy - all in Rome or divide it between Rome and Florence?
- 17 Shipping bags home
- 18 Liberation of Auschwitz 70 years ago
- 19 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 20 Apartment in Italy
- 21 Help Me Plan My Trip
- 22 Germany for 3 weeks
- 23 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 24 Umbria - planning for 3 or 4 days in April
- 25 Food in the 14th arrondissement