With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Iceland Entire Ring Road or South/Interior
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frecciabianca Seat Selection, please help.
- 2 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 3 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 4 Fjords, How To?
- 5 Istanbul Itinerary
- 6 7 Nights in Paris
- 7 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 8 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati
- 9 Mephisto Shoes in Paris
- 10 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 13 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 14 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 15 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 16 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 19 Help me plan Greece portion of anniversary trip
- 20 Apartment rental suggestions in Florence and Rome
- 21 London - Site List Triage -
- 22 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 23 Recommendations Tour Guides/Airport Transportation Gdansk, Poland
- 24 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 25 Priceline for London hotels