With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 2 to get to the Rijks Museum from Schiphol - bus or train
- 3 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 4 London advice
- 5 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 6 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 7 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 8 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 9 Another Question re Scotland
- 10 Train up the Jungfrau
- 11 Charming areas to explore in London
- 12 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 13 Valencia, Spain
- 14 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 15 Visit to Engand
- 16 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 17 Place to stay
- 18 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 19 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 20 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 21 Driver"s License & Language
- 22 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 23 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 24 credit and debit cards
- 25 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old