With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 2 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 3 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 4 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 5 Greek Islands (small)
- 6 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 7 Cell Phone Question
- 8 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 9 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 10 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 11 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 12 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 13 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 14 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 15 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 16 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 17 Campervan in Croatia
- 18 advance tickets?
- 19 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 20 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 21 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 22 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 23 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 24 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 25 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik