With the help of folks on this board, we have decided to go to Iceland in early July 2006. Now comes the trip planning questions!
We are trying to decide whether we should drive around the entire Ring Road or drive along the South and then cut through the Interior/Highlands (we'll rent a 4 wheel drive if we decide this option). We intend to camp and stay in hotels along the way.
We are in our early 30s and love to hike. We have a total of 10 days for the trip either around Ring Road or the South/Interior.
Thank you in advance for any assistance!
Iceland Entire Ring Road or South/Interior
- 1 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 2 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 3 Chambermaid tipping
- 4 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 5 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 6 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 7 Greek islands from Turkey
- 8 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 9 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 10 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 11 Rome Accommodation
- 12 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 13 rent car / Munich
- 14 Advent weekend in Quedlinburg
- 15 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 16 Italian Lakes gardens
- 17 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 18 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 19 TGV and Provence questions
- 20 Novels set in Greece
- 21 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 22 To Paris and Provence in June
- 23 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 24 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 25 More help with housing in Puglia