We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 7 days/6 nights in Iceland; we plan to rent a car. Great posts here have us geared up for things that, sigh, are at 4 (ok, really 3) points of the compass (Golden Circle, Thorsmork, Vatnajokull, Dettifoss and Myvatan.) Here's my question: In driving the Ring Road, how many miles/kms can you realistically make in a day, assuming you're not stopping for an activity that takes 1/2 day or more and taking into account the prolonged hours of daylight in June? Appreciate this might not be your ideal plan for visiting Iceland, but it's our's and I would really, really appreciate some guidance on the realistic driving times out there on main road. Thanks. R
Iceland & Driving
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 2 Arc de Triumph Question
- 3 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 4 Geneva - Basel driver/tour/transfer
- 5 Berner Oberland for 3 days over Thanksgiving
- 6 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 7 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 8 Printing Paris Bus Routes --Kerouac, others?
- 9 Tivoli Gardens - any special place for birthday dinner
- 10 London & Cotswold or Prague & Amsterdam
- 11 What to wear
- 12 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 13 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 14 Paris November 2014
- 15 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 16 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 17 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 18 Traveling in France by train
- 19 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 20 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 21 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 22 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 23 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 24 Suggestions for Santorini itinerary, need change??
- 25 A Good Base on Mallorca