We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 7 days/6 nights in Iceland; we plan to rent a car. Great posts here have us geared up for things that, sigh, are at 4 (ok, really 3) points of the compass (Golden Circle, Thorsmork, Vatnajokull, Dettifoss and Myvatan.) Here's my question: In driving the Ring Road, how many miles/kms can you realistically make in a day, assuming you're not stopping for an activity that takes 1/2 day or more and taking into account the prolonged hours of daylight in June? Appreciate this might not be your ideal plan for visiting Iceland, but it's our's and I would really, really appreciate some guidance on the realistic driving times out there on main road. Thanks. R
Iceland & Driving
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three days in Spain
- 2 Location of hotel in Rome
- 3 Croatia - Hvar or Korcula or both?
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 Day trip from London to Paris
- 6 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 7 Need advice for this
- 8 Lake como area on motorcycles
- 9 Welcome
- 10 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 11 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 12 one last portugal car rental question
- 13 Train: Bordeaux to San Sebastian
- 14 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 15 Prague - Tram #22
- 16 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 17 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 18 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 19 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 20 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 hotels in Seville
- 23 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 24 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 25 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam