We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 7 days/6 nights in Iceland; we plan to rent a car. Great posts here have us geared up for things that, sigh, are at 4 (ok, really 3) points of the compass (Golden Circle, Thorsmork, Vatnajokull, Dettifoss and Myvatan.) Here's my question: In driving the Ring Road, how many miles/kms can you realistically make in a day, assuming you're not stopping for an activity that takes 1/2 day or more and taking into account the prolonged hours of daylight in June? Appreciate this might not be your ideal plan for visiting Iceland, but it's our's and I would really, really appreciate some guidance on the realistic driving times out there on main road. Thanks. R
Iceland & Driving
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Useful website for France
- 2 Tram 28 safe to travel with kids?
- 3 Small group for Colosseum
- 4 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Our Silver Lining Tour: A German Journey & Queen's Day Too
- 7 SIM card for eastern europe
- 8 portugal trip 14 days - where to visit and stay
- 9 Driving to Paris... Parking?
- 10 Water taxi reservations in Venice
- 11 A little help needed for Dordogne area
- 12 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 13 London visit
- 14 Monet in Normandy
- 15 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 16 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 17 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 18 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 21 Back from Budapest- Report Including Eger, Szentendre and London
- 22 No points in Paris .....
- 23 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 24 Manchester or Heathrow?
- 25 Three days in Spain