We're celebrating our 10th anniversary with 7 days/6 nights in Iceland; we plan to rent a car. Great posts here have us geared up for things that, sigh, are at 4 (ok, really 3) points of the compass (Golden Circle, Thorsmork, Vatnajokull, Dettifoss and Myvatan.) Here's my question: In driving the Ring Road, how many miles/kms can you realistically make in a day, assuming you're not stopping for an activity that takes 1/2 day or more and taking into account the prolonged hours of daylight in June? Appreciate this might not be your ideal plan for visiting Iceland, but it's our's and I would really, really appreciate some guidance on the realistic driving times out there on main road. Thanks. R
Iceland & Driving
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden Train Station
- 2 2 wk Europe Trip Advice
- 3 London for Christmas
- 4 Family European winter holiday
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France
- 7 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 15 Day Europe Trip - Mix of rail and car.. Cost ineffective?
- 10 Rome Accommodation
- 11 First timer! Trip to London over New Year's next year!
- 12 Tuscan Agriturismo
- 13 Chambermaid tipping
- 14 To Paris and Provence in June
- 15 Is there a best time of day to visit the Alhambra?
- 16 Bavarian Honeymoon Suggestions
- 17 El Rocio festival, Huelva
- 18 Travelling with Alitalia. MIA-FCO-AOI Carry-on or Check-in baggage?
- 19 USING THE METRO FROM AEROPORT CDG 2 TGV TO Place d'Italie
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 Has anyone used Airfare.com?
- 22 Night trains across Europe--what are the fares?
- 23 Greek islands from Turkey
- 24 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 25 rent car / Munich