Hoping someone can advise. I'm looking to take a quick, cheap trip to Iceland sometime during the first week in September for around 6 days. I really wanted to drive through some of the countryside, but my friends just dropped out of the trip and I don't really feel safe driving alone. Also, I'm trying to keep this trip to under $2k (including flights from NYC) since I have some bigger trips at end of the year.
I consulted some travel agents and they've quoted some high prices. So I'm wondering ...
If I don't want to do a group/organized tour for my whole stay- would it be cheapest for me to just book a hotel in Reykjavik and try to do some day trips?
I've seen some interesting day trips through companies like Reykjavik Excursions, Superjeep, and Viator but wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these? I really dislike the idea of being on a bus with a bunch of other tourists so are any of these smaller, more personal, and of better quality? I'm trying to find the cheaper happy-medium to hiring a private guide/driver...
Any recommendations for small charming boutique hotels that are less than $200/night in Reykjavik?
thanks in advance!
ICELAND day tours: alone in September
- 1 I'm Boycotting Switzerland And I'm Glad Belgium Makes Great Chocolate Too!
- 2 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 3 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 4 Benita In Paris
- 5 Paris and Amsterdam July 2013 trip
- 6 Driving through Europe
- 7 Romania Tour Guide
- 8 Transportation from Barcelona airport to Li Riberia
- 9 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 10 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 11 Travel from Sorrento to Naples in the early morning?
- 12 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 13 The "I'm moving/I'm coming home" Italy Trip Report...
- 14 Amsterdam - Germany and Wine!
- 15 Help Needed with European Adventure
- 16 Places to visit from London
- 17 Nice agriturismo or country apartments/villa near Bologna
- 18 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 19 Renting Apartment in Nice
- 20 Do and don't, eating in France
- 21 Group tours of Greece/Greek islands for solo traveler
- 22 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 23 Getting the best our of Europe
- 24 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 25 Help with Spain Trip in Late August