Hoping someone can advise. I'm looking to take a quick, cheap trip to Iceland sometime during the first week in September for around 6 days. I really wanted to drive through some of the countryside, but my friends just dropped out of the trip and I don't really feel safe driving alone. Also, I'm trying to keep this trip to under $2k (including flights from NYC) since I have some bigger trips at end of the year.
I consulted some travel agents and they've quoted some high prices. So I'm wondering ...
If I don't want to do a group/organized tour for my whole stay- would it be cheapest for me to just book a hotel in Reykjavik and try to do some day trips?
I've seen some interesting day trips through companies like Reykjavik Excursions, Superjeep, and Viator but wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these? I really dislike the idea of being on a bus with a bunch of other tourists so are any of these smaller, more personal, and of better quality? I'm trying to find the cheaper happy-medium to hiring a private guide/driver...
Any recommendations for small charming boutique hotels that are less than $200/night in Reykjavik?
thanks in advance!
ICELAND day tours: alone in September
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mont St Michel
- 2 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 3 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 4 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 5 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 6 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 7 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 8 Bergamo/Bellagio - suggestions?
- 9 London hotel
- 10 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 11 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 12 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 13 Day trip from London to Paris
- 14 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 15 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 16 Paris airport shuttle recommendations
- 17 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 nearby cities to london
- 20 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 21 Ancient Corinth info needed.
- 22 Tickets to Sagrada Familia
- 23 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 24 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium