Hoping someone can advise. I'm looking to take a quick, cheap trip to Iceland sometime during the first week in September for around 6 days. I really wanted to drive through some of the countryside, but my friends just dropped out of the trip and I don't really feel safe driving alone. Also, I'm trying to keep this trip to under $2k (including flights from NYC) since I have some bigger trips at end of the year.
I consulted some travel agents and they've quoted some high prices. So I'm wondering ...
If I don't want to do a group/organized tour for my whole stay- would it be cheapest for me to just book a hotel in Reykjavik and try to do some day trips?
I've seen some interesting day trips through companies like Reykjavik Excursions, Superjeep, and Viator but wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these? I really dislike the idea of being on a bus with a bunch of other tourists so are any of these smaller, more personal, and of better quality? I'm trying to find the cheaper happy-medium to hiring a private guide/driver...
Any recommendations for small charming boutique hotels that are less than $200/night in Reykjavik?
thanks in advance!
ICELAND day tours: alone in September
- 1 Week in Interlaken at end of February
- 2 Oh Solomillo! 15 Days in Spain
- 3 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 4 Need help for visits to Belgium?
- 5 Help me plan a vacation to Paris!
- 6 Stockholm Hotel Advice Help I'm torn Hotel Rival, Reisen or Story?????
- 7 Switzerland up close...360 views
- 8 Chambermaid tipping
- 9 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 10 7 days in Andalucia
- 11 Lake District, Hawkshead or Keswick?
- 12 Euro Train
- 13 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 14 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 15 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 18 Belgium
- 19 Navigo Decouverte
- 20 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 21 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 22 More help with housing in Puglia
- 23 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 24 15 days in Europe,
- 25 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome