Hoping someone can advise. I'm looking to take a quick, cheap trip to Iceland sometime during the first week in September for around 6 days. I really wanted to drive through some of the countryside, but my friends just dropped out of the trip and I don't really feel safe driving alone. Also, I'm trying to keep this trip to under $2k (including flights from NYC) since I have some bigger trips at end of the year.
I consulted some travel agents and they've quoted some high prices. So I'm wondering ...
If I don't want to do a group/organized tour for my whole stay- would it be cheapest for me to just book a hotel in Reykjavik and try to do some day trips?
I've seen some interesting day trips through companies like Reykjavik Excursions, Superjeep, and Viator but wondering if anyone has any experience with any of these? I really dislike the idea of being on a bus with a bunch of other tourists so are any of these smaller, more personal, and of better quality? I'm trying to find the cheaper happy-medium to hiring a private guide/driver...
Any recommendations for small charming boutique hotels that are less than $200/night in Reykjavik?
thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 buyhighqualitycounterfeitmoneyforsaleusd.weebly.com/
- 2 evening of song and dance
- 3 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 4 Lake Lucerne Boat Travel
- 5 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 6 2 weeks in Amsterdam, Belgium and France
- 7 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?
- 8 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 9 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 10 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 11 Walk across Europe: Warsaw - Gibraltar
- 12 Driving from Rome to Sorrento
- 13 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 14 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 15 Helsinki -> Tallin -> Riga OR Tallin -> Riga -> Vilinius ?
- 16 Naples or Genoa
- 17 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 18 Where to from Verona
- 19 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 20 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Train passes
- 23 RENFE error message during payment
- 24 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 25 Munich-6 days in September