We are planning a 4 day trip to Reykjavik in early July. Based on the information on this board, we are thinking of renting a car. Are the roads paved or in good condition to drive the compact rental car to major attractions such as Golden Circle and part of Ring Road (Snaefellsnes or towards Vik), or do we need a 4WD. Any recommendations on budget hotels or rental car companies in Reykjavik. All the hotels just seem really expensive. Thanks
Iceland-Can you drive compact Rental car to major attractions
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 3 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 4 Is my plan ok
- 5 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 6 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 7 5 Observations About Paris
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 10 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 11 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 12 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 13 Southern Spain
- 14 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 15 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 16 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 17 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 18 Scotland November 2015
- 19 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 20 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 21 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 22 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 23 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 24 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 25 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)