We are planning a 4 day trip to Reykjavik in early July. Based on the information on this board, we are thinking of renting a car. Are the roads paved or in good condition to drive the compact rental car to major attractions such as Golden Circle and part of Ring Road (Snaefellsnes or towards Vik), or do we need a 4WD. Any recommendations on budget hotels or rental car companies in Reykjavik. All the hotels just seem really expensive. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 2 Meteora for older folk
- 3 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 4 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 5 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 6 Athens
- 7 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 8 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 9 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 12 Germany train help!
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 15 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 16 Liverpool & Beatles port tour
- 17 Train help for Prague
- 18 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 19 We're here!
- 20 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 21 Petrol in Greece
- 22 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 23 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Budapest & Prague
Iceland-Can you drive compact Rental car to major attractions