We are planning a 4 day trip to Reykjavik in early July. Based on the information on this board, we are thinking of renting a car. Are the roads paved or in good condition to drive the compact rental car to major attractions such as Golden Circle and part of Ring Road (Snaefellsnes or towards Vik), or do we need a 4WD. Any recommendations on budget hotels or rental car companies in Reykjavik. All the hotels just seem really expensive. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 2 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 Amsterdam Train Help Please!
- 5 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 6 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 7 Valencia Spain
- 8 TER ticket bought online -- good all day?
- 9 First trip to Paris! (and Amsterdam)
- 10 Day Trip From Lisbon
- 11 Parentheses in France Phone Nos...will iPhone dial appropriately?
- 12 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 13 Visiting Zurich
- 14 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 15 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 16 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 17 5 nights in Granada and Malaga - what combo?
- 18 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 19 Driving itinerary, feedback wanted
- 20 Greek Islands - Should we rent a car on Mykonos and Santorini?
- 21 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 22 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 23 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 24 Andalucia Spain
- 25 Germany-Car or Train
Iceland-Can you drive compact Rental car to major attractions