We are planning a 4 day trip to Reykjavik in early July. Based on the information on this board, we are thinking of renting a car. Are the roads paved or in good condition to drive the compact rental car to major attractions such as Golden Circle and part of Ring Road (Snaefellsnes or towards Vik), or do we need a 4WD. Any recommendations on budget hotels or rental car companies in Reykjavik. All the hotels just seem really expensive. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norway in a NutShell via Car/Boat
- 2 Naples & Amalfi Coast
- 3 Looking for Recommendations around ENNA in Sicily
- 4 Avignon
- 5 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 6 Palace of the Popes
- 7 Driving Trip Basque Country and/or Aquitaine Pls Advise
- 8 Trip report-London, France, Belguim
- 9 Taking wine home from France
- 10 Booking through conciergerie.com
- 11 Cycling in France
- 12 September in Switzerland
- 13 Drive or train Austria
- 14 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 15 Need advice on transportation
- 16 3.5 days Itinerary in Switzerland
- 17 St Moritz hiking
- 18 TURKEY + ? in 20 days
- 19 Suggestions for cheaper destinations for mid-twenties couple
- 20 Ferry Milazzo to Lipari
- 21 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 22 Stops between Frankfurt and Berner Oberland
- 23 Franfurt to Munich over a week - Fodorite wisdom?
- 24 DW, DD6, DD4, and me to Greece!!! Yippeeee.
- 25 Norway by motorhome
Iceland-Can you drive compact Rental car to major attractions