We are planning a 4 day trip to Reykjavik in early July. Based on the information on this board, we are thinking of renting a car. Are the roads paved or in good condition to drive the compact rental car to major attractions such as Golden Circle and part of Ring Road (Snaefellsnes or towards Vik), or do we need a 4WD. Any recommendations on budget hotels or rental car companies in Reykjavik. All the hotels just seem really expensive. Thanks
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 france options
- 2 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 3 Southern Italy
- 4 Itinerary feedback, 4/5 days in Iceland
- 5 Gullet Cruise in Turkey
- 6 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 7 Your thoughts on day trips out of Venice
- 8 Best Hotel in Tuscany?
- 9 Iceland Stopover Late September
- 10 Help- Advice or experiences traveling with a handicapped person?
- 11 7 days in Paris with 3 teens
- 12 DDay Tours - private or group?
- 13 A week in Verona. Please critique my daytrip list.
- 14 Vacationing alone in Paris, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia 2016
- 15 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 16 Lack of diversity? Venice/Florence/Rome
- 17 Pompeii ~ book private in advance, or wait and use a guide @ Pompeii?
- 18 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 19 London, Berchtgaden and??
- 20 Credit cards in Italy & France
- 21 Barcelona to Marseille (Toulon)
- 22 Switzerland 5 days
- 23 Itinerary help for family with young kids
- 24 3 days Paris -Trying to fit everything in
- 25 A day in Killarney
Iceland-Can you drive compact Rental car to major attractions