My husband and I are traveling to Iceland at the end of October for our one year anniversary and I wanted to get some feedback on what we have planned! We are planning on renting a car and driving around- how would the weather fare at the end of October? We are aware that there will be about 8 hrs. of sunlight during that time too.
October 23rd: Leave Washington DC, overnight flight
October 24th: Arrive at KEF at around 7 am; have breakfast, spend day at the Blue Lagoon (one year anniversary!)
October 25th: Golden Circle, Snowmobiling, stay the night in Gullfoss
October 26th: Finish Golden Circle, Drive down south to Seljalandsfoss; stay the night near there
October 27th: Skogafoss, plane wreck, black sand beach, Skaftafell, Glacier Lagoon; stay the night in Skaftafell
October 28th: 5 hr. glacier hiking, Glacier Lagoon, stay the night in Skaftafell
October 29th: Drive back to Reykjavik, spend the day in the city
October 30th: Snorkeling in Thingvellir, Blue Lagoon again (open to other suggestions but we just want to relax and have a good time)
October 31st: Fly to Frankfurt; drive to Wurzburg, stay the night in Wurzburg
November 1st: Drive to Nuremburg and spend the day there; Drive to Rothenburger hotel
November 2nd: Rothenburger and Harburg; drive down to Fuessen
November 3rd: Full day Bavairan Castles tour
November 4th: St. Mang's Abbey, Andecks Monastary/ brewery, Munich
November 5th: Munich- museums and other sites/ breweries
November 6th: Fly back to D.C.
What do you think? Too ambitious? Any other recommendations welcome for hotels, towns to stay in, and activities! We'll also be hunting the Northern Lights so recommendations on places to view them the best are also welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ¶¶수서안마『o1o 9875 2236』수서역안마 ¶¶민실장 수서안마시술소
- 2 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 3 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 4 International Flight Question
- 5 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 6 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 7 Another tipping question: concierges
- 8 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 9 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 10 What to wear to wedding in Sweden
- 11 Back from Paris
- 12 One day on the Amalfi coast
- 13 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 14 Luggage Storage
- 15 LIsbon
- 16 Best method to travel from Antalya to Cappadocia?
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 19 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 20 Paris- 1 B.R. APT.
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 22 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 23 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 24 Trip suggestion
- 25 Spain in July