My husband and I are traveling to Iceland at the end of October for our one year anniversary and I wanted to get some feedback on what we have planned! We are planning on renting a car and driving around- how would the weather fare at the end of October? We are aware that there will be about 8 hrs. of sunlight during that time too.
October 23rd: Leave Washington DC, overnight flight
October 24th: Arrive at KEF at around 7 am; have breakfast, spend day at the Blue Lagoon (one year anniversary!)
October 25th: Golden Circle, Snowmobiling, stay the night in Gullfoss
October 26th: Finish Golden Circle, Drive down south to Seljalandsfoss; stay the night near there
October 27th: Skogafoss, plane wreck, black sand beach, Skaftafell, Glacier Lagoon; stay the night in Skaftafell
October 28th: 5 hr. glacier hiking, Glacier Lagoon, stay the night in Skaftafell
October 29th: Drive back to Reykjavik, spend the day in the city
October 30th: Snorkeling in Thingvellir, Blue Lagoon again (open to other suggestions but we just want to relax and have a good time)
October 31st: Fly to Frankfurt; drive to Wurzburg, stay the night in Wurzburg
November 1st: Drive to Nuremburg and spend the day there; Drive to Rothenburger hotel
November 2nd: Rothenburger and Harburg; drive down to Fuessen
November 3rd: Full day Bavairan Castles tour
November 4th: St. Mang's Abbey, Andecks Monastary/ brewery, Munich
November 5th: Munich- museums and other sites/ breweries
November 6th: Fly back to D.C.
What do you think? Too ambitious? Any other recommendations welcome for hotels, towns to stay in, and activities! We'll also be hunting the Northern Lights so recommendations on places to view them the best are also welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 2 오션파라다이스신천지 ● 연결 :≫tt349.com≪
- 3 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 4 Leather goods in Florence
- 5 4 days in Provence in early June
- 6 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017
- 7 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 8 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 9 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 10 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 11 France Itinerary Advice
- 12 Krakow and Prague-one week
- 13 dinner jackets
- 14 Trip to Rome
- 15 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 16 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 17 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 18 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?
- 19 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 20 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 21 Picnic Spot Near Assisi
- 22 Transportation
- 23 The Dordogne & Loire Valley?
- 24 Things to do in Montpellier
- 25 Lucerne and Innsbruck