My husband and I are traveling to Iceland at the end of October for our one year anniversary and I wanted to get some feedback on what we have planned! We are planning on renting a car and driving around- how would the weather fare at the end of October? We are aware that there will be about 8 hrs. of sunlight during that time too.
Day 1: Arrive in Reykjavik early morning (7 am), rest then head out to Snæfellsjökull National Park; stay night in Reykjavik
Day 2: Golden circle: Thingvellir Church/ park, Brúarfoss Waterfalls, Geysir, Golden Falls, Vatnsleysufoss; Snowmobiling from Gullfoss; snorkeling in Thingvellir (maybe); stay the night at Stracta Hotel Hella
Day 3: Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Solheimasandur Plane Wreck, Dyrholaey, Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach; stay the night in Skaftafell
Day 4: Half day Glacier hiking, Skaftafell falls, Glacier Lagoon; spend the night again in Skaftafell;
Day 5: Drive back to Reykjavik; Explore the city
Day 6: Blue Lagoon and any surrounding area that is interesting (Strandakirkja, Split Mound Cave) or maybe just spend the day at the Blue Lagoon!
Day 7: Leave for Germany!
What do you think? Too ambitious? Any other recommendations welcome for hotels, towns to stay in, and activities! We'll so be hunting the Northern Lights so recommendations on tours/ places to view them the best are also welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 YAHOO 1888:260:2909 PASSWORD RESET CONTACT YAHOO Tec*h care 24/7
- 2 XEROX PRINTER 1800:681:7208 installation CONTACT XEROX Tec*h care 24/7
- 3 Frankfurt to UK
- 4 Upscale Vacation Apartment Rentals in Vienna/Prague
- 5 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 6 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 7 Prague and Budapest with a 16 month old
- 8 God Save the Queen?
- 9 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 10 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 11 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 12 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 13 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 14 Daily budget for London (accommodation already paid for)
- 15 Milan or Turin
- 16 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 19 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 20 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 9 Days in Spain
- 23 Barcelona alternative
- 24 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras