My husband and I are traveling to Iceland at the end of October for our one year anniversary and I wanted to get some feedback on what we have planned! We are planning on renting a car and driving around- how would the weather fare at the end of October? We are aware that there will be about 8 hrs. of sunlight during that time too.
Day 1: Arrive in Reykjavik early morning (7 am), rest then head out to Snæfellsjökull National Park; stay night in Reykjavik
Day 2: Golden circle: Thingvellir Church/ park, Brúarfoss Waterfalls, Geysir, Golden Falls, Vatnsleysufoss; Snowmobiling from Gullfoss; snorkeling in Thingvellir (maybe); stay the night at Stracta Hotel Hella
Day 3: Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Solheimasandur Plane Wreck, Dyrholaey, Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach; stay the night in Skaftafell
Day 4: Half day Glacier hiking, Skaftafell falls, Glacier Lagoon; spend the night again in Skaftafell;
Day 5: Drive back to Reykjavik; Explore the city
Day 6: Blue Lagoon and any surrounding area that is interesting (Strandakirkja, Split Mound Cave) or maybe just spend the day at the Blue Lagoon!
Day 7: Leave for Germany!
What do you think? Too ambitious? Any other recommendations welcome for hotels, towns to stay in, and activities! We'll so be hunting the Northern Lights so recommendations on tours/ places to view them the best are also welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tracking the Weather
- 2 Thinking about the Fjords
- 3 Poland to Austria In December
- 4 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 5 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 6 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 7 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 8 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 11 What are your St. Petersburg, Russia experiences?
- 12 base for Andalucia
- 13 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 14 Italy travel plan help
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 Budapest Card
- 19 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 20 Towns or hikes along Lake Lucerne
- 21 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 22 road trip through scotland
- 23 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Requesting information about Flytolake/Lariobus