My husband and I are traveling to Iceland at the end of October for our one year anniversary and I wanted to get some feedback on what we have planned! We are planning on renting a car and driving around- how would the weather fare at the end of October? We are aware that there will be about 8 hrs. of sunlight during that time too.
Day 1: Arrive in Reykjavik early morning (7 am), rest then head out to Snæfellsjökull National Park; stay night in Reykjavik
Day 2: Golden circle: Thingvellir Church/ park, Brúarfoss Waterfalls, Geysir, Golden Falls, Vatnsleysufoss; Snowmobiling from Gullfoss; snorkeling in Thingvellir (maybe); stay the night at Stracta Hotel Hella
Day 3: Seljalandsfoss, Skógafoss, Solheimasandur Plane Wreck, Dyrholaey, Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach; stay the night in Skaftafell
Day 4: Half day Glacier hiking, Skaftafell falls, Glacier Lagoon; spend the night again in Skaftafell;
Day 5: Drive back to Reykjavik; Explore the city
Day 6: Blue Lagoon and any surrounding area that is interesting (Strandakirkja, Split Mound Cave) or maybe just spend the day at the Blue Lagoon!
Day 7: Leave for Germany!
What do you think? Too ambitious? Any other recommendations welcome for hotels, towns to stay in, and activities! We'll so be hunting the Northern Lights so recommendations on tours/ places to view them the best are also welcome!
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 Madrid Hotel; Europa, Preciados or Petit Palace Posada de Peine?
- 4 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 5 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 8 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 9 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 10 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 11 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 12 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 Venice > Garda > Verona > Bologna thoughts
- 15 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 16 Help required with Itinerary
- 17 Como Bus to Bellagio
- 18 Are there any Paris walking guides I should add to my collection?
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 21 Campervan in Croatia
- 22 Greek Islands (small)
- 23 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 24 Cell Phone Question
- 25 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?