I will be traveling solo to Iceland in Nov 21 as this is something on my to do list.I understand that this is winter with shorter days.Some of the activities that I want to do apart for the glaciers,volcanoes etc is to check northern lights(if visible) ,try dog sledding, snowmobiling etc.I will be renting a car(2WD) and will be driving solo.I would like to avoid tours as am traveling on a budget.The only tour I am looking at is the cave tours on the last day if I cant do it by self.Below is the itinerary that I have come up with based on my online research.I would really appreciate on any inputs or modification that are required to the itinerary.Thanks again everyone .
Date Day Trip detail
21-Nov Sat Departing SF 8:30am.
22-Nov Sun "Arriving Reykjavik ,Keflavík International Airport.
-Stop at Blue lagoon on the way to the guesthouse.Stay in Reykjavik"
23-Nov Mon Golden Circle with Silfra snorkelling ending in Reykjavik. Check norther lights if
24-Nov Tue Drive to Jokulsarlon to see the glacial lagoon with overnight stay in Jokulsarlon.
25-Nov Wed Self day drive would be "south coast", to Vík including snowmobiling and blue ice
glacier.Return to Reykjavik.
26-Nov Thu Snæfellsnes Peninsula?Dog sledding if possible else snowmobile tour on
Snaefellsjokull ? Drive back to Reykjavik?
27-Nov Fri Morning Caving in Lava Tube Leidarendi.Stay in Reykjavik.Checkout the bars.
28-Nov Sat Depart Reykjavik (45 min to the airport) with flight at 4:55 pm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Airports in France - help with transport between them
- 2 Sweet villages to base in La Rioja
- 3 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 4 Greece or Spain in late November - December with a baby
- 5 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 6 A few more questions about Brittany
- 7 Slovenia or South Tyrol
- 8 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 9 Italy apps or guidebooks
- 10 Paris to Giverny train ticket sold out
- 11 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 Where to stay outsiiide of Florence
- 15 Late December in eastern France / western Germany—where to go?
- 16 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 17 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 18 Greece mainland and islands for 3 weeks
- 19 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 20 4 days each in London and Paris
- 21 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 22 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 23 Switzerland in September
- 24 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 25 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....