I will be traveling solo to Iceland in Nov 21 as this is something on my to do list.I understand that this is winter with shorter days.Some of the activities that I want to do apart for the glaciers,volcanoes etc is to check northern lights(if visible) ,try dog sledding, snowmobiling etc.I will be renting a car(2WD) and will be driving solo.I would like to avoid tours as am traveling on a budget.The only tour I am looking at is the cave tours on the last day if I cant do it by self.Below is the itinerary that I have come up with based on my online research.I would really appreciate on any inputs or modification that are required to the itinerary.Thanks again everyone .
Date Day Trip detail
21-Nov Sat Departing SF 8:30am.
22-Nov Sun "Arriving Reykjavik ,Keflavík International Airport.
-Stop at Blue lagoon on the way to the guesthouse.Stay in Reykjavik"
23-Nov Mon Golden Circle with Silfra snorkelling ending in Reykjavik. Check norther lights if
24-Nov Tue Drive to Jokulsarlon to see the glacial lagoon with overnight stay in Jokulsarlon.
25-Nov Wed Self day drive would be "south coast", to Vík including snowmobiling and blue ice
glacier.Return to Reykjavik.
26-Nov Thu Snæfellsnes Peninsula?Dog sledding if possible else snowmobile tour on
Snaefellsjokull ? Drive back to Reykjavik?
27-Nov Fri Morning Caving in Lava Tube Leidarendi.Stay in Reykjavik.Checkout the bars.
28-Nov Sat Depart Reykjavik (45 min to the airport) with flight at 4:55 pm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 Denmark or Sweden?
- 3 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 4 We're here!
- 5 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 6 Has anyone rented from Allinclusive! Rent a Car ?
- 7 Old European currency
- 8 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 9 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 10 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 11 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 12 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Amsterdam hotels
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 17 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 20 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 21 Brugge hotel help
- 22 Five night Ireland Trip
- 23 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 London Hotels