I will be traveling solo to Iceland in Nov 21 as this is something on my to do list.I understand that this is winter with shorter days.Some of the activities that I want to do apart for the glaciers,volcanoes etc is to check northern lights(if visible) ,try dog sledding, snowmobiling etc.I will be renting a car(2WD) and will be driving solo.I would like to avoid tours as am traveling on a budget.The only tour I am looking at is the cave tours on the last day if I cant do it by self.Below is the itinerary that I have come up with based on my online research.I would really appreciate on any inputs or modification that are required to the itinerary.Thanks again everyone .
Date Day Trip detail
21-Nov Sat Departing SF 8:30am.
22-Nov Sun "Arriving Reykjavik ,Keflavík International Airport.
-Stop at Blue lagoon on the way to the guesthouse.Stay in Reykjavik"
23-Nov Mon Golden Circle with Silfra snorkelling ending in Reykjavik. Check norther lights if
24-Nov Tue Drive to Jokulsarlon to see the glacial lagoon with overnight stay in Jokulsarlon.
25-Nov Wed Self day drive would be "south coast", to Vík including snowmobiling and blue ice
glacier.Return to Reykjavik.
26-Nov Thu Snæfellsnes Peninsula?Dog sledding if possible else snowmobile tour on
Snaefellsjokull ? Drive back to Reykjavik?
27-Nov Fri Morning Caving in Lava Tube Leidarendi.Stay in Reykjavik.Checkout the bars.
28-Nov Sat Depart Reykjavik (45 min to the airport) with flight at 4:55 pm.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 2 Please help me with the name of this town in Spain
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Family first time Barcelona (where and how much ?)
- 5 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 6 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 7 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 8 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 9 Rent a car in England
- 10 Edinburgh to Skye
- 11 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 12 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 13 South of France - 7 Days - April
- 14 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 15 2017 Easter in Italy
- 16 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 17 Italy Puglia and Le Marche
- 18 Going to Russia
- 19 Beginning Itinerary Guidance
- 20 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 21 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 22 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 23 Trying to pick a Greek Island
- 24 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 25 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty