I've done a little research and now need some help making a decision between 2 basic plans.
We (DH, DD and I) arrive at 6.30am and onward flight is at 4.30pm so I hope we'll have about 6 hours out of the airport.
Take Flybus or RE into Reykjavik (trip takes about 45mins?). Explore centre for an hour or so. Would like to go to top of church for view.. is this possible early morning?
Around 10.30 take bus to Blue Lagoon
Return to airport for 2pm
Lunch @LAVA at the Blue lagoon? There's a lunch buffet offered which sounds Icelandic
or late lunch back at the airport? Suggestions?
or brunch somewhere ? in Reykjavik beforehand .. so delaying trip to Blue Lagoon by an hour or so.
Plan B. Skip Reykjavik and just visit Blue Lagoon OR vice versa
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 2 Use of Train Tickets
- 3 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 4 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 5 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 6 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 7 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 8 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 9 First Trip to Paris
- 10 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 13 Driving in Italy
- 14 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 15 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 16 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 17 US foods not available in the UK
- 18 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 19 Amsterdam and...?
- 20 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 21 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 22 Andalucia Spain
- 23 Whistle stop family road trip
- 24 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 25 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris