I've done a little research and now need some help making a decision between 2 basic plans.
We (DH, DD and I) arrive at 6.30am and onward flight is at 4.30pm so I hope we'll have about 6 hours out of the airport.
Take Flybus or RE into Reykjavik (trip takes about 45mins?). Explore centre for an hour or so. Would like to go to top of church for view.. is this possible early morning?
Around 10.30 take bus to Blue Lagoon
Return to airport for 2pm
Lunch @LAVA at the Blue lagoon? There's a lunch buffet offered which sounds Icelandic
or late lunch back at the airport? Suggestions?
or brunch somewhere ? in Reykjavik beforehand .. so delaying trip to Blue Lagoon by an hour or so.
Plan B. Skip Reykjavik and just visit Blue Lagoon OR vice versa
Iceland 10 hour layover in early November, which plan?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Melissa5 in SWITZERLAND: A Riot of Wildflowers - Berner Oberland June 2010
- 2 How Well-Traveled Are You?
- 3 Spain 6 weeks itinerary help
- 4 2 Nights in the Pyrenees: Driving Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 5 Honeymoon - skiing in Switzerland and Austria
- 6 proposed two week Greece itinerary
- 7 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 8 Greek Pelion....Homebase? Nice Accommodation?
- 9 London - Bar or Club to hear Live Soul/R&B Music
- 10 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 11 10-12 nights in Switzerland and France
- 12 What happens to check in bag if I leave country in transit (Germany)
- 13 Bath Hotel - MacDonald Bath Spa or Francis Hotel
- 14 Trip Report: My Encounter With the Italian Hospital System
- 15 Mâché aux Puces from Garibaldi metro
- 16 Possible Italy and Paris Itinerary - any thoughts?
- 17 Liverpool to London
- 18 The Tweesters take a trip to BiH, Croatia and Slovenia
- 19 Euro Quiz # 65 (Friday)
- 20 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 21 Better to rent a car in Venice or Padua?
- 22 DVD players in France
- 23 Ireland with Kids in March - itinerary help
- 24 Train from Sarlat
- 25 Trains