I've done a little research and now need some help making a decision between 2 basic plans.
We (DH, DD and I) arrive at 6.30am and onward flight is at 4.30pm so I hope we'll have about 6 hours out of the airport.
Take Flybus or RE into Reykjavik (trip takes about 45mins?). Explore centre for an hour or so. Would like to go to top of church for view.. is this possible early morning?
Around 10.30 take bus to Blue Lagoon
Return to airport for 2pm
Lunch @LAVA at the Blue lagoon? There's a lunch buffet offered which sounds Icelandic
or late lunch back at the airport? Suggestions?
or brunch somewhere ? in Reykjavik beforehand .. so delaying trip to Blue Lagoon by an hour or so.
Plan B. Skip Reykjavik and just visit Blue Lagoon OR vice versa
Iceland 10 hour layover in early November, which plan?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 2 No points in Paris .....
- 3 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 4 best time to book accommodation
- 5 Planning 17 days Italy - Switzerland - Germany
- 6 Need help making VIP seat reservations on Golden Pass train
- 7 Stay near Paris
- 8 Vantage Deluxe World Travel - Russia
- 9 Tentative itinerary for Andalucia for April/May 2015
- 10 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 11 Sicily - not a trip report
- 12 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 13 Chip but no PIN
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Questions for my German friends
- 16 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 17 Puglia planning - where to base, how long to spend
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 20 1 week in Switzerland with 18 year old son
- 21 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 22 What to wear
- 23 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 24 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 25 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma