I am new to Fodor's. It seems as though this is a great resource for traveling. I am looking for info/advice/suggestions.
I am a 29 year old female. I am interested in backpacking. I will be traveling alone. I want to travel to Europe for 6-8 weeks (July/August) I have been several times to Britain (my parents are from Scotland- immigrated to Canada years ago).
I am not sure where to begin. I have read some forums and it seems that a lot of people recommend spending 2 weeks per country?
I was thinking ...Italy, Spain, Portugal...maybe France. Switzerland would be great! Norway/Sweden/Finland?
Any suggestions for a first timer?
I want to go to Europe July and August
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train to Airport in Venice
- 2 Chip but no PIN
- 3 What still confounds you about travel?
- 4 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 5 Itinerary: 13 day trip to Greece
- 6 Foie gras, redux
- 7 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 8 Dublin Tour Companies
- 9 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 10 Day trips from Seville
- 11 Oktoberfest reservations
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 14 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 15 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 16 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 17 Southern France
- 18 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 19 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 20 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 21 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 22 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 23 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 24 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 25 Golfing in Ireland