I am new to Fodor's. It seems as though this is a great resource for traveling. I am looking for info/advice/suggestions.
I am a 29 year old female. I am interested in backpacking. I will be traveling alone. I want to travel to Europe for 6-8 weeks (July/August) I have been several times to Britain (my parents are from Scotland- immigrated to Canada years ago).
I am not sure where to begin. I have read some forums and it seems that a lot of people recommend spending 2 weeks per country?
I was thinking ...Italy, Spain, Portugal...maybe France. Switzerland would be great! Norway/Sweden/Finland?
Any suggestions for a first timer?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 Spanish Medical Providers
- 3 Italy Car Scam
- 4 Road trip with our dog
- 5 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 6 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 7 Barcelona alternative
- 8 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 9 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 12 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 13 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 14 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 15 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 16 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 17 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 20 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 21 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 22 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 23 Can parking
- 24 Day Trips from Kaiserslautern During Winter Holidays?
- 25 First - but not last - trip to Greece