I am new to Fodor's. It seems as though this is a great resource for traveling. I am looking for info/advice/suggestions.
I am a 29 year old female. I am interested in backpacking. I will be traveling alone. I want to travel to Europe for 6-8 weeks (July/August) I have been several times to Britain (my parents are from Scotland- immigrated to Canada years ago).
I am not sure where to begin. I have read some forums and it seems that a lot of people recommend spending 2 weeks per country?
I was thinking ...Italy, Spain, Portugal...maybe France. Switzerland would be great! Norway/Sweden/Finland?
Any suggestions for a first timer?
I want to go to Europe July and August
- 1 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 2 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 3 Train travel in Europe
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 Itinerary Questions
- 6 Place to propose
- 7 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 8 Honeymoon Travel Advice Needed!
- 9 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 10 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 11 Traveling to Europe for the first time
- 12 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 13 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 14 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 15 Lake como
- 16 Christmas in Paris was fantastic!
- 17 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 18 Moldova and Transnistiria
- 19 Stockholm hotel suggestions please!!!!
- 20 Le Marche and Rome - Part 1
- 21 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 22 Prague, Salzburg and Innsbruck
- 23 Three for the road
- 24 Budapest Vienna Munich - March 2014
- 25 Make time for the Rhine and Mosel Valleys?