I am sitting here watching the Hairy Bikers in Cornwall, and am salivating for the food. I need to plan a long weekend sometime this summer. I have found some great trip reports – many thanks!
Can you get me started please on my planning?
First question: where should I base myself? I’d like a scenic town that has excellent restaurants, as I think I will base the visit around FOOD. Also, I won’t drive, as I haven’t driven since moving to London over three years ago, and would frankly be dangerous at this point, so somewhere that has lovely walks, or historic sites/homes that I can get to by taxi. I’d definitely prefer to be on the sea and smell that salty air.
Secondly: A gorgeous place to stay. I’ll probably be willing to splash out a bit, but recognize that weekend rates in Cornwall in the summer are probably astronomical. Could I get a gorgeous hotel /B&B for under £200 per night, or am I dreaming and should I up the budget? Are there any hotels you would recommend that have really good restaurants, or are at least within staggering distance from good restaurants, after I have consumed a whole bottle of wine at dinner?
Transportation: From London, how good is the train network? When there, I understand from reading the trip reports that public transportation is limited. Is there a good taxi network if I decide to travel to other towns?
Annhig and Janisj, you know I am I a looking for your input
I know I could get slammed for not doing my homework before posting, so forgive me in advance.
Bet regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 2 Prague
- 3 Greece + Italy | Itinerary Suggestions
- 4 Ischia
- 5 Santorini lodging
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 No Periods in British Written English!
- 8 Barcelona
- 9 Spain and South of France
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Overnight at Heathrow
- 12 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 13 France, UK and Ireland
- 14 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 15 Ronda Wine/biking
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 El Pastrami en Madrid
- 18 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 19 Andalucia itinerary help
- 20 Germany family road trip help!
- 21 Windycar Instanbul- Car rental deposit scam
- 22 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 23 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 24 Acorn TV and Whatsapp
- 25 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall