I am sitting here watching the Hairy Bikers in Cornwall, and am salivating for the food. I need to plan a long weekend sometime this summer. I have found some great trip reports – many thanks!
Can you get me started please on my planning?
First question: where should I base myself? I’d like a scenic town that has excellent restaurants, as I think I will base the visit around FOOD. Also, I won’t drive, as I haven’t driven since moving to London over three years ago, and would frankly be dangerous at this point, so somewhere that has lovely walks, or historic sites/homes that I can get to by taxi. I’d definitely prefer to be on the sea and smell that salty air.
Secondly: A gorgeous place to stay. I’ll probably be willing to splash out a bit, but recognize that weekend rates in Cornwall in the summer are probably astronomical. Could I get a gorgeous hotel /B&B for under £200 per night, or am I dreaming and should I up the budget? Are there any hotels you would recommend that have really good restaurants, or are at least within staggering distance from good restaurants, after I have consumed a whole bottle of wine at dinner?
Transportation: From London, how good is the train network? When there, I understand from reading the trip reports that public transportation is limited. Is there a good taxi network if I decide to travel to other towns?
Annhig and Janisj, you know I am I a looking for your input
I know I could get slammed for not doing my homework before posting, so forgive me in advance.
Bet regards ... Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cornwall UK
- 2 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 3 Corsica
- 4 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 5 Musée Erasme Anderlecht, Belgium
- 6 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 7 Golf Partner in Istanbul
- 8 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 9 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 10 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 11 Alternative for Rustem Pasa Kulliyesi
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 14 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 15 Greece itinerary--reasonable?
- 16 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 17 6 days in Croatia
- 18 Train tickets in Italy?
- 19 Getting around Lisbon
- 20 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 21 5 day trip by train Frankfurt Vienna
- 22 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 23 Norway travel help: Bergen-Gjendesheim-Oslo
- 24 YIKES!
- 25 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges