We are planning a trip to Italy & Switzerland this June with our daughter who will be 18mths then.
We fly into Milan and out of Zurich 2 weeks later - we plan a short 3 - 4 night stay near Asti & then up the lakes and then onto Interlakken where we will meet friends.
Due to luggage (travel cot buggy etc etc) and not wanting to move on too much we hope to stay 3 -4 nights at the lakes, I plan to rent a car in Italy and then catch a train to Interlakken it is just I am unsure of where to go in the lakes - it all sounds wonderful and whether we can catch a train directly from the lakes to interlaken or do we have to go back to Milan?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Classical Tour of Albania
- 2 First visit to London
- 3 One day in Berchtesgaden - what should we see
- 4 Anniversary trip to France
- 5 First family holiday to Europe & wanting advice
- 6 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 7 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 8 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 Châteauneuf-du-Pape Wine tours and Luberon Wine Producers
- 11 Two days in Rome
- 12 London is it worth it?
- 13 Ideas on our first Europe holiday
- 14 transportation from De Gaulle airport
- 15 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 16 International drivers permit
- 17 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 18 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 19 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 20 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 21 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 22 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 23 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 24 Naples + Walking Tour
- 25 Why do you visit X or Y?