We are planning a trip to Italy & Switzerland this June with our daughter who will be 18mths then.
We fly into Milan and out of Zurich 2 weeks later - we plan a short 3 - 4 night stay near Asti & then up the lakes and then onto Interlakken where we will meet friends.
Due to luggage (travel cot buggy etc etc) and not wanting to move on too much we hope to stay 3 -4 nights at the lakes, I plan to rent a car in Italy and then catch a train to Interlakken it is just I am unsure of where to go in the lakes - it all sounds wonderful and whether we can catch a train directly from the lakes to interlaken or do we have to go back to Milan?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 3 Italian lakes
- 4 Upcoming trip to Penzance, Cornwall
- 5 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 6 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 7 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 8 France, UK and Ireland
- 9 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 10 One more day in Athens, any suggestions?
- 11 French theater in Paris
- 12 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 13 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 14 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 15 Barcelona appartment is it a good location ?
- 16 bavaria itinerary in may with a 3 year old
- 17 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 18 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 19 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 20 What do after Bernia Express?
- 21 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 22 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 23 Walking itinerary in England?
- 24 Rouen Tour Companies
- 25 Best way to learn a foreign language?