I know this may be a matter only of personal preference, but I would like your input.
We are a 60ish couple, reasonably well-traveled, but not globe trotters by any means. We have been to Italy, France, Turkey, but never to the United Kingdom at all. Next spring (late April/early May) we are taking a two week "Best of Britain" tour with Rick Steves (we've done tours with them before and enjoyed them; DH refuses to rent a car and drive on the "wrong" side of the road for two weeks, so this is the only way to see England). The tour starts in Bath, goes into Wales, up to York, and ends up with about a day and a half in London. We plan to arrive a couple of days early to acclimate before the tour begins, and to see a bit more of London on our own.
Here's the question -- DH would like to go to Paris for about four days after the Britain tour (for about a total of three weeks of vacation time). We've been to Paris twice (but not for about 10 years now); DH wants to take the Chunnel, and we both love Paris. But, would we be wiser to just spend extra days in London, so we can grow to love it, too? With the Paris scenario we'd be in London about three days (on our own before the tour and then the tour's end) and the four days in Paris (minus the travel times). And, if we did spend extra days in London, should it be on the leading edge (third week of April) or at the end (second week of May) -- or is that even a consideration?
Costs of open jaw vs. RT flights and like that are not of concern.
Thanks very much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 2 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 3 Barcelona alternative
- 4 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 5 Italy Car Scam
- 6 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 7 Desperate! photo SD card says "not Formatted" is all lost!?
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Driving through Paris
- 10 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Road trip with our dog
- 13 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 14 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 15 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 16 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 17 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 18 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 19 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 20 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 21 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January
- 22 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 23 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 24 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 25 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy