My 7y/o son (very adaptable traveler) and I are arriving early Monday morning (June) in Paris from the US. My husband will be arriving a few hours later. 16 days later we leave from Rome to India.
Here is my rough itinerary. It seems to leave one day too many in Rome, and I'm wondering if I should spend that "extra" day in one of the other cities I'm visiting, or spend on a side trip off these same cities, or do another stop. Keep in mind that my son and I will be spending an extra 3 days in Paris in route from India back to the US later on in our trip.
Monday, arrive early morning in Paris (2.5 days)
Thursday morning take a flight to Vienna (2.5 days)
Sunday morning take a train to Salzburg (1.5+days)
Monday night take a night train to Venice (2 days)
Thursday Morning take a train to Florence (2 days)
Saturday take a train to Rome (3.5 days)
Wednesday take a flight to India
Later on the trip in the way back to the US son and I will spend 3 full days in Paris.
So what do you think?
Thank you for your advice in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Back from Paris
- 2 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 3 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 4 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 5 LIsbon
- 6 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 7 International Flight Question
- 8 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 11 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 12 Trip suggestion
- 13 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 14 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 15 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 16 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question
- 17 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 18 Dijon in December!
- 19 5 Day trip with wife & teens - Nice to Paris
- 20 Summer Travel order
- 21 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 22 Fifty Years Later, Paris
- 23 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 24 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 25 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?