My 7y/o son (very adaptable traveler) and I are arriving early Monday morning (June) in Paris from the US. My husband will be arriving a few hours later. 16 days later we leave from Rome to India.
Here is my rough itinerary. It seems to leave one day too many in Rome, and I'm wondering if I should spend that "extra" day in one of the other cities I'm visiting, or spend on a side trip off these same cities, or do another stop. Keep in mind that my son and I will be spending an extra 3 days in Paris in route from India back to the US later on in our trip.
Monday, arrive early morning in Paris (2.5 days)
Thursday morning take a flight to Vienna (2.5 days)
Sunday morning take a train to Salzburg (1.5+days)
Monday night take a night train to Venice (2 days)
Thursday Morning take a train to Florence (2 days)
Saturday take a train to Rome (3.5 days)
Wednesday take a flight to India
Later on the trip in the way back to the US son and I will spend 3 full days in Paris.
So what do you think?
Thank you for your advice in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 2 Greek Village
- 3 Uber vs. TfL
- 4 Berlin
- 5 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 6 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 7 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 8 Europe First Timers
- 9 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 12 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 13 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 14 Athens Help
- 15 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow
- 16 Berlin -clubs
- 17 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 18 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 19 base in brussels
- 20 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 21 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 22 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 23 Trip report for Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 24 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?