My 7y/o son (very adaptable traveler) and I are arriving early Monday morning (June) in Paris from the US. My husband will be arriving a few hours later. 16 days later we leave from Rome to India.
Here is my rough itinerary. It seems to leave one day too many in Rome, and I'm wondering if I should spend that "extra" day in one of the other cities I'm visiting, or spend on a side trip off these same cities, or do another stop. Keep in mind that my son and I will be spending an extra 3 days in Paris in route from India back to the US later on in our trip.
Monday, arrive early morning in Paris (2.5 days)
Thursday morning take a flight to Vienna (2.5 days)
Sunday morning take a train to Salzburg (1.5+days)
Monday night take a night train to Venice (2 days)
Thursday Morning take a train to Florence (2 days)
Saturday take a train to Rome (3.5 days)
Wednesday take a flight to India
Later on the trip in the way back to the US son and I will spend 3 full days in Paris.
So what do you think?
Thank you for your advice in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental help in Sicily
- 2 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 3 alItalia
- 4 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 5 Car Rental in France - Europcar
- 6 Is Sicily Safe?
- 7 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 8 credit and debit cards
- 9 Clean up spam
- 10 Family Friendly Day Trips from Arezzo
- 11 A Scrumptious Slice of Slovenia
- 12 How to spend 3 days btwn Milan and Florence
- 13 Mykonos Beach Club
- 14 Suggestions for two night stay near Athens airport?
- 15 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 16 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 17 Ottolenghi walk-ins?
- 18 Visit to Engand
- 19 13 nights in Portugal...need tuning !
- 20 Trip in September
- 21 Which city order makes most sense?
- 22 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 23 London Restaurants
- 24 Munich Hotel Location
- 25 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
I have one extra day in my FIRST TIME EUROPE trip, where should I spend it?