I recently spent a couple of weeks in the Soca Valley in Slovenia. It was a real discovery. Stunning turquoise river (great for fly fishing), mountains (with wonderful marked trails) and a lovely little hotel with wooden cabins, pool, tennis, sauna, fantastic riding on Lipizzaner horses and really friendly owners (He's slovenian, she is Uraguayan and they met while working for the UN in NY!). If you are into the outdoors and don't want to spend a fortune, it's ideal. If you want more info, I've written it up along with my photos at http://www.i-escape.com/pristavalepena.php
i found a great place to stay in Slovenia
- 1 Torun and Zamosc similar?
- 2 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 3 Good Base for Costa Brava Spain
- 4 Wife's first trip to Europe. Set on Paris & Rome, Need 3rd destination?
- 5 The Netherlands, France and Spain
- 6 Florence Day Trip to Sienna: should we stop along the way? Where?
- 7 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 8 rand versus euro
- 9 Paris May 23, 2013. What should I wear in Paris?
- 10 Need restaurant suggestions for Chipping Camden!
- 11 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 12 Rhine River Intinerary
- 13 Amsterdam to Chamonix road trip
- 14 Help needed with ratp site for Paris bus and metro
- 15 Visa to TURKEY
- 16 Car Rental recommendations (Heathrow and Gatwick) ?
- 17 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 18 Rome, Florence, Sorrento in 1 week
- 19 A few questions about the Amalfi Coast (in May)
- 20 Motor Home North Italy Route Suggestions
- 21 Northern Italy
- 22 Suggestions for France Italy
- 23 Istanbul in April
- 24 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 25 Venice apartments