Yes, I know I have just returned from Florence, but I have meetings in Antwerp from Wednesday to Friday next week (My 7th -9th). Client is paying for the airfare anyway, so why not? I only have to pay for train from Antwerp to Paris (less than £100) and hotel for two nights. I’d be eating out in London anyway over the weekend, so that cost does not need to be considered (likely cheaper than eating out in London!.
I have yet to finalize the details, as I am waiting on conformation from client on end of play on Friday, but assume it will be about 1700, which means a 1755 train from Antwerp; travel arrangements will look something like this:
Depart Antwerp 09/05/2014 to Paris by train at 1933; Arrive Paris: 2140
Depart Paris to London by Eurostar 11/05/2014 at 1813: Arrive Ebbsfleet at 1918; 20 minute taxi ride home to SE London.
Expensive at short notice! Don’t stress too much about sharing your wonderful hotels suggestions (but thanks for the thought) as there is not so much available at a decent price. I have stayed all over Paris, from the 1st -16th many times, but want to stay close to the river this time. I have done exhaustive research, have been primarily working off hotels.com, checked Tripadvisor and other sources, so I am left with the following choices (price quoted is for two nights). What do you think (trying to keep the price to under £400 for the two nights – the cheaper the better!)?
Le Pradey: 1st arr @ £386
Hôtel des Saints-Pères, 1st arr. @ £386
Hotel Mayfair, 1st arr. @ £326
Lyric Hotel Paris, 2nd arr. @ £372
Hotel le Walt, 7th arr @ £281
As far as my agenda is concerned, I am focusing on the ‘F’ words – Fashion, Furniture (mostly Art Deco) and Fotograhy (OK, a stretch!). This will include some of the following, but not all, as I am hoping for good weather and a lot of walking. What do you think of my selection, and would you substitute others?:
The Muee dela Mode: http://www.palaisgalliera.paris.fr/fr
The D’Orsay: http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/visit/individuals/home.html
Musee des Annees 30: http://www.annees30.com/
Musee des Art Decoratifs: http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/
Jacquemart Andre Museum: http://musee-jacquemart-andre.com/en/home
The MEP: http://www.mep-fr.org/english/
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 2 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 3 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 4 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 5 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 6 We're here!
- 7 Versailles
- 8 driving from prague to salzburg
- 9 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 10 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 11 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 12 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 13 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 14 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 15 WB Harry Potter Studios Sold Out
- 16 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 17 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 18 Germany train help!
- 19 Cap Corse - clockwise or counterclockwise
- 20 Most beautiful building facades and photo ops in Paris
- 21 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 22 Acorn TV
- 23 Train help for Prague
- 24 Choosing a hotel - Campo de' Fiori or Piazza Venezia?
- 25 Sicily