Yes, I know I have just returned from Florence, but I have meetings in Antwerp from Wednesday to Friday next week (My 7th -9th). Client is paying for the airfare anyway, so why not? I only have to pay for train from Antwerp to Paris (less than £100) and hotel for two nights. I’d be eating out in London anyway over the weekend, so that cost does not need to be considered (likely cheaper than eating out in London!.
I have yet to finalize the details, as I am waiting on conformation from client on end of play on Friday, but assume it will be about 1700, which means a 1755 train from Antwerp; travel arrangements will look something like this:
Depart Antwerp 09/05/2014 to Paris by train at 1933; Arrive Paris: 2140
Depart Paris to London by Eurostar 11/05/2014 at 1813: Arrive Ebbsfleet at 1918; 20 minute taxi ride home to SE London.
Expensive at short notice! Don’t stress too much about sharing your wonderful hotels suggestions (but thanks for the thought) as there is not so much available at a decent price. I have stayed all over Paris, from the 1st -16th many times, but want to stay close to the river this time. I have done exhaustive research, have been primarily working off hotels.com, checked Tripadvisor and other sources, so I am left with the following choices (price quoted is for two nights). What do you think (trying to keep the price to under £400 for the two nights – the cheaper the better!)?
Le Pradey: 1st arr @ £386
Hôtel des Saints-Pères, 1st arr. @ £386
Hotel Mayfair, 1st arr. @ £326
Lyric Hotel Paris, 2nd arr. @ £372
Hotel le Walt, 7th arr @ £281
As far as my agenda is concerned, I am focusing on the ‘F’ words – Fashion, Furniture (mostly Art Deco) and Fotograhy (OK, a stretch!). This will include some of the following, but not all, as I am hoping for good weather and a lot of walking. What do you think of my selection, and would you substitute others?:
The Muee dela Mode: http://www.palaisgalliera.paris.fr/fr
The D’Orsay: http://www.musee-orsay.fr/en/visit/individuals/home.html
Musee des Annees 30: http://www.annees30.com/
Musee des Art Decoratifs: http://www.lesartsdecoratifs.fr/
Jacquemart Andre Museum: http://musee-jacquemart-andre.com/en/home
The MEP: http://www.mep-fr.org/english/
Best regards Ger
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ronda Wine/biking
- 2 Santorini lodging
- 3 2 WEEK EUROPE ITINERARY
- 4 What do after Bernia Express?
- 5 Where to buy things outside of Munich
- 6 Italian Honeymoon Advice
- 7 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 8 Safety in Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 9 Self drive tour companies
- 10 Croatia... Is dubrovnik a must?
- 11 Road trip from Naples to Basilicata, Puglia and Bari
- 12 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 13 Ischia
- 14 9 days in London
- 15 Germany family road trip help!
- 16 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 17 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 18 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 19 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 20 Best place to view alps from Italy
- 21 Bedbugs in Paris.
- 22 Vatican Museums and Scavi Tour
- 23 Vacation near Lake Lugano and Lake Como
- 24 Lyon
- 25 Italian lakes