My husband and I are planning a 10 day trip in early June (we are in our early 30's and live in NYC). We are going to go to Rome/Florence for 6 nights. We wanted to spend the last 4 days of our trip on a beach. Have been to Amalfi coast so was thinking of either going to Hvar, Croatia or Taormina, Sicily. Would fly from Rome to either destination but can't decide where to go. We are looking for relaxation, nice hotels, beaches and good food. We are not as concerned about the party scene/night life but more focused on travel time and practicality of tacking on a 2nd leg to the trip.
Hvar or Sicily
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Airport in Reykjavik to downtown hotel
- 2 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 3 Madrid and London
- 4 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 5 Three days in Spain
- 6 Yacht trip on coast of Spain
- 7 1 week in Croatia
- 8 german rail ticket question
- 9 I Go to Pieces — An Italy Trip Report
- 10 Trip to Iceland
- 11 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 12 Malmaison - how to get there from Paris
- 13 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 14 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 15 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 16 Barcelona Airport to Las Ramblas / recommended transportation??
- 17 Fjords, How To?
- 18 16 days in Paris, not sure London or Italy? ?
- 19 What to wear
- 20 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 21 London neighborhood suggestions
- 22 Fashion for larger man?
- 23 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 24 Eating in France-two new books
- 25 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel