My husband and I will be driving around the Bavarian alps for 8 days in mid July. I wanted to do hut to hut hiking for 2 of those days and stay one night at a hut. I have looked at the recommended hut booking website:
Even after translating it into English I am still having trouble figuring out which mountain peaks to choose and which huts to look at. Does anyone have a good map recommendation for hikes? Or can anyone recommend a specific hut for a 2 day hike ( 1/2 day there 1/2 day back)? I was hoping to start hiking up somewhere around the REIT Im winkle area or any of the surrounding towns. We would have to begin the hike did end it in the same place so that we can pick up our car and keep going.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 7 Day Paper Travelcard clarification
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Eating in Italy with food allergies
- 4 Another Question re Scotland
- 5 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 6 Train up the Jungfrau
- 7 Charming areas to explore in London
- 8 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 9 Kitchenette in hotel room?
- 10 Valencia, Spain
- 11 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 12 Visit to Engand
- 13 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 14 Place to stay
- 15 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 16 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 17 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 18 Driver"s License & Language
- 19 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 20 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 21 credit and debit cards
- 22 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 23 May get together in Paris
- 24 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 25 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges