My husband and I will be driving around the Bavarian alps for 8 days in mid July. I wanted to do hut to hut hiking for 2 of those days and stay one night at a hut. I have looked at the recommended hut booking website:
Even after translating it into English I am still having trouble figuring out which mountain peaks to choose and which huts to look at. Does anyone have a good map recommendation for hikes? Or can anyone recommend a specific hut for a 2 day hike ( 1/2 day there 1/2 day back)? I was hoping to start hiking up somewhere around the REIT Im winkle area or any of the surrounding towns. We would have to begin the hike did end it in the same place so that we can pick up our car and keep going.
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Ann
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 4 Shannon Airport - Mobile Data Card
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 B&B in Ireland
- 7 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 8 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 9 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 10 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 11 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 12 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 13 Lake District: HF Holiday houses Derwent Bank and Monk Coniston
- 14 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 15 Alitala
- 16 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 17 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
- 18 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 19 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 20 Villa Honegg: an insider's tip for the Central Switzerland
- 21 Azores v. north coastal Portugal-Best use of time between Lisbon and Porto
- 22 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Europe First Timers
- 25 Photography gear for Rome and Venice