I will be traveling to Budapest for two weeks, but I am unfamiliar with Hungarian forints. I have been to European countries that use the Euro, but this is my first time to Hungary. With the Euro, I have a feel for what I need to get out of the ATM because the exchange rate is relatively close to the U.S. dollar. The Hungarian forint exchange rate is very significant. Could you please offer advice on how much spending money in Hungarian forints I should get out of the ATM? I will also be using credit cards while I am there. I also need to know what to expect as far as costs. Are costs relatively comparable after accounting for the exchange rate from Hungarian forint to U.S. dollar (dinner, souvenirs, beer/wine) or will I benefit from the exchange rate? Please let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you all in advance for your responses!
Hungarian Forint and U.S. Dollar, Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 2 Hotel in Venice
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 5 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 6 Switzerland & Italian Riviera & Sardinia Summer 2014
- 7 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 8 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 9 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 10 Europe in 21 days
- 11 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 12 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 13 Question re. ToT Montserrat Ticket for day trip
- 14 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 15 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 16 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 17 Spain Questions
- 18 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 19 Avignon to London?
- 20 Trip to Italy - please weigh in with suggestions and tips!!
- 21 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 22 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 23 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 24 Day Trips from Avignon via train/bus
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium