I will be traveling to Budapest for two weeks, but I am unfamiliar with Hungarian forints. I have been to European countries that use the Euro, but this is my first time to Hungary. With the Euro, I have a feel for what I need to get out of the ATM because the exchange rate is relatively close to the U.S. dollar. The Hungarian forint exchange rate is very significant. Could you please offer advice on how much spending money in Hungarian forints I should get out of the ATM? I will also be using credit cards while I am there. I also need to know what to expect as far as costs. Are costs relatively comparable after accounting for the exchange rate from Hungarian forint to U.S. dollar (dinner, souvenirs, beer/wine) or will I benefit from the exchange rate? Please let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you all in advance for your responses!
Hungarian Forint and U.S. Dollar, Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Foie gras, redux
- 2 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 3 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 4 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 5 Train to Airport in Venice
- 6 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 7 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 8 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 11 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 12 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 13 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 14 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 15 Airport to Piraeus
- 16 Trieste and Koper
- 17 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 18 Paris 3 days and then to Burgundy for 2 weeks: Car?
- 19 Very early departure from Istanbul airport
- 20 What still confounds you about travel?
- 21 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 22 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 23 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 24 Questions for my German friends
- 25 Pronunciation