I will be traveling to Budapest for two weeks, but I am unfamiliar with Hungarian forints. I have been to European countries that use the Euro, but this is my first time to Hungary. With the Euro, I have a feel for what I need to get out of the ATM because the exchange rate is relatively close to the U.S. dollar. The Hungarian forint exchange rate is very significant. Could you please offer advice on how much spending money in Hungarian forints I should get out of the ATM? I will also be using credit cards while I am there. I also need to know what to expect as far as costs. Are costs relatively comparable after accounting for the exchange rate from Hungarian forint to U.S. dollar (dinner, souvenirs, beer/wine) or will I benefit from the exchange rate? Please let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you all in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Woin's restaurnats in Paris
- 2 Trip in September
- 3 14 days in Spain - please help finalize itinerary!
- 4 favorite app for converting US $$
- 5 Best of Norway
- 6 a week in Lombardia
- 7 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 8 Day trips from Rome? or overnight?
- 9 Best neighborhood for first timer to Lisbon, Portugal
- 10 Venice, Orvieto, Rome with Tweens Part 1.
- 11 Meeting up in the Zurich airport
- 12 One week in London with kids
- 13 Light weight small converter?
- 14 Positano Surprise
- 15 Prague tour guide Ron Hoffberg
- 16 Sunday Afternoon lunch in Antwerpen
- 17 London - Vauxhall or Southwark?
- 18 The Dordogne - Stu Dudley's Updated Itinerary
- 19 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 20 Cornwall - St. Ives, SW Coastal Path-Travel Questions Need Answering!
- 21 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 22 SNCF - low price for summer
- 23 Time required from flight touchdown at Heathrow to King's Cross
- 24 Dublin and Northern Ireland with public transportation
- 25 Short Visit to Munich for the Christmas markets