I will be traveling to Budapest for two weeks, but I am unfamiliar with Hungarian forints. I have been to European countries that use the Euro, but this is my first time to Hungary. With the Euro, I have a feel for what I need to get out of the ATM because the exchange rate is relatively close to the U.S. dollar. The Hungarian forint exchange rate is very significant. Could you please offer advice on how much spending money in Hungarian forints I should get out of the ATM? I will also be using credit cards while I am there. I also need to know what to expect as far as costs. Are costs relatively comparable after accounting for the exchange rate from Hungarian forint to U.S. dollar (dinner, souvenirs, beer/wine) or will I benefit from the exchange rate? Please let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you all in advance for your responses!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 2 Questions about Polish sights
- 3 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 4 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 5 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 6 If you had to choose one......
- 7 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Italy
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 12 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 13 Revised itinerary for italy
- 14 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 15 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 16 Biarritz family holiday
- 17 Lisbon hotel
- 18 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 22 4 Days in Tuscany
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 25 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days