I will be traveling to Budapest for two weeks, but I am unfamiliar with Hungarian forints. I have been to European countries that use the Euro, but this is my first time to Hungary. With the Euro, I have a feel for what I need to get out of the ATM because the exchange rate is relatively close to the U.S. dollar. The Hungarian forint exchange rate is very significant. Could you please offer advice on how much spending money in Hungarian forints I should get out of the ATM? I will also be using credit cards while I am there. I also need to know what to expect as far as costs. Are costs relatively comparable after accounting for the exchange rate from Hungarian forint to U.S. dollar (dinner, souvenirs, beer/wine) or will I benefit from the exchange rate? Please let me know. Any advice will be much appreciated!
Thank you all in advance for your responses!
Hungarian Forint and U.S. Dollar, Please Advise
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Using magnetic-strip ATM card to withdraw cash from Eurozone ATM
- 2 VIGO, SPAIN
- 3 A guide to Madrid
- 4 Looking for an agriturismo in Val d'Orcia area
- 5 Best place to base in Côte d'Azûr
- 6 Potential trip - Balkans
- 7 Scotland and northern England
- 8 Things to do round Potes, Picos de Europa
- 9 Summer Interrupted; Christmas in Germany & Switzerland
- 10 Help me plan an unforgettable London/Paris trip...for my 5 year old
- 11 Brussels/Bruges and Berlin in April
- 12 Bus Croatia
- 13 14 days in Russia, please help choose day trip out of Moscow/St. Petersburg
- 14 Paris Accomodation, Which District
- 15 Chilling in Iceland (but not yet).
- 16 April in Madrid
- 17 Euro Travel Quiz # 41 - Food for Thought!
- 18 Is Heathrow or Gatwick best to use for going to London?
- 19 Renting an apt.
- 20 Economy Class - Lufthansa or Air France
- 21 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 22 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 23 Help Us Plan Our Trip- Almafi Coast and Sicily
- 24 10 day itinerary in Puglia
- 25 Itinerary review - Family vacation to Spain