We (myself and hubby, 60+) are taking the overnight ferry from London and will arrive in Amsterdam at about 10am Saturday morning a few weeks from now. The next day (Sunday) at 2pm we join our cruise group and go for a canal boat ride. I have never been to Amsterdam, so am looking for suggestions on how to spend our limited time. My plan so far is that when we arrive on Saturday, we will drop luggage at our hotel (which is near the central train station), and grab a bite to eat, and then I have arranged to take the WWII walking tour with Peter Schaapman starting at 1pm which begins at the Anne Frank house. It should be over about 3:30 and I think it ends near the Resistance museum. The question is: how to spend the rest of the day. The Van Gogh museum is a must, but I am thinking we will do that Sunday morning. If we are there when it opens at 10am, we can stay for 2-3 hours. We will see the Rijksmuseum on a later day as part of our tour, and as I mentioned, we will have the canal boat ride on Sunday afternoon. So what would you do with the remainder of Saturday afternoon and evening?
How would you spend Saturday afternoon and evening in Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 2 Train Travel from Marseilles to Barcelona
- 3 Taormina Sicily
- 4 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 5 One night stopover in Dolomites, where?
- 6 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 7 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 8 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 9 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 10 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 12 Iwango went…to Nice
- 13 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 14 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 15 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 16 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 17 5 Observations About Paris
- 18 Planning Honeymoon to Greece in April
- 19 Granada
- 20 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 21 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 22 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 23 Pyrenees logistics
- 24 Airport ATMs
- 25 Travelling from Paris to Madrid