We (myself and hubby, 60+) are taking the overnight ferry from London and will arrive in Amsterdam at about 10am Saturday morning a few weeks from now. The next day (Sunday) at 2pm we join our cruise group and go for a canal boat ride. I have never been to Amsterdam, so am looking for suggestions on how to spend our limited time. My plan so far is that when we arrive on Saturday, we will drop luggage at our hotel (which is near the central train station), and grab a bite to eat, and then I have arranged to take the WWII walking tour with Peter Schaapman starting at 1pm which begins at the Anne Frank house. It should be over about 3:30 and I think it ends near the Resistance museum. The question is: how to spend the rest of the day. The Van Gogh museum is a must, but I am thinking we will do that Sunday morning. If we are there when it opens at 10am, we can stay for 2-3 hours. We will see the Rijksmuseum on a later day as part of our tour, and as I mentioned, we will have the canal boat ride on Sunday afternoon. So what would you do with the remainder of Saturday afternoon and evening?
How would you spend Saturday afternoon and evening in Amsterdam?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 how long in Malta?
- 2 Swiss train travel - why so costly?
- 3 Paris-Barcelona high-speed trains are go!
- 4 Funny questions over the years on Basque Country and Spain
- 5 Heterogeneous Xmas in Spain
- 6 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 7 Two weeks or so in Belgium and Netherlands
- 8 Visiting Provence for first time - few questions
- 9 Gary Seckendorf - Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 10 1 1/2 Days in Frankfurt - Looking for Suggestions
- 11 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 12 Bring or rent skis to Switzerland?
- 13 3 days 2nights in Sicily
- 14 Paris Photo from Bing Today
- 15 Itinerary set - now help me pick a Kas hotel for early June
- 16 Sicily 10 days
- 17 A family of 4 - 4 days in Switzerland
- 18 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 19 Paris-Brussels-Amsterdam 7 days?
- 20 14 days to travel Europe...topdeck vs busabout
- 21 Chip & Pin Only
- 22 Where to eat in Venice?
- 23 Italian Almond Bakery Cookie with dried cherry in center
- 24 Surely someone has attended the Lyon Festival of Lights--advice please
- 25 Paris-Barcelona now with the AVE high speed train