We (myself and hubby, 60+) are taking the overnight ferry from London and will arrive in Amsterdam at about 10am Saturday morning a few weeks from now. The next day (Sunday) at 2pm we join our cruise group and go for a canal boat ride. I have never been to Amsterdam, so am looking for suggestions on how to spend our limited time. My plan so far is that when we arrive on Saturday, we will drop luggage at our hotel (which is near the central train station), and grab a bite to eat, and then I have arranged to take the WWII walking tour with Peter Schaapman starting at 1pm which begins at the Anne Frank house. It should be over about 3:30 and I think it ends near the Resistance museum. The question is: how to spend the rest of the day. The Van Gogh museum is a must, but I am thinking we will do that Sunday morning. If we are there when it opens at 10am, we can stay for 2-3 hours. We will see the Rijksmuseum on a later day as part of our tour, and as I mentioned, we will have the canal boat ride on Sunday afternoon. So what would you do with the remainder of Saturday afternoon and evening?
How would you spend Saturday afternoon and evening in Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Toulouse and beyond -
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Munich with a car?
- 4 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 5 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 6 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 7 Day trip on the Rhine
- 8 Hut to hut hiking in Bavarian alps
- 9 Germany-berlin marathon
- 10 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 museum passes in Rome
- 13 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 14 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 15 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 16 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 17 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 18 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 21 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 22 Estonia Amber
- 23 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 24 Quick notes from 2 weeks in Turkey
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days