We have just had someone manage to get and try to use our debit card and two credit cards to make large purchases withing a few minutes of each other even though the cards were not missing. Fortunately the companies involved did not approve the purchases and we were able to get new account numbers and cards. As I'm in the midst of planning a tip to Italy, I wondered how we would have managed this had we been traveling abroad. We usually consider two different credit cards and a debit card to be enough to take when we travel. If we happen to be in a big city, I imagine that we could go to an American Express office to get a new card. Other than having money wired to us by family, I couldn't think of another way to get money to continue the trip. We used to take traveler's checks but they are not welcomed in many places and we have been charged large fees for using them, so we no longer take them. We would welcome suggestions as to how to handle this situation should it occur.
How would I handle identity theft while traveling?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 2 Wales/Scotland Trip - August 2014
- 3 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 4 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 7 Just Another Macarons, Hot Chocolate, Tucked into Bed by 11 Paris Report
- 8 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 9 Looking for advice on hotels in Paris
- 10 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 11 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 12 Spain itineraries
- 13 Itinerary Help!
- 14 Ony 3-4 nights in Ortigia, priorities?????????
- 15 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 16 Greek Island Chartering Yacht with Skipper?
- 17 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 18 Scotland
- 19 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 20 7-8 days in Greece HELP!
- 21 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 22 Lots of help needed- First time going to Italy- Itinerary suggestions
- 23 christmas lunch or dinner munich 2014
- 24 Ireland with a Northern Twist
- 25 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium