I am a very inexperienced European train traveler, hoping to get some easy-to-understand advice on how to travel by train from Lake Como to Salzburg with the least amount of connections.
And then after a few days in Salzburg, I want to go to Amsterdam.
So my question is:
What is the fastest route? I don't mind leaving from the Milan train station, if that gives me better train options. I would LOVE to take a sleeper/night train if that is an option.
I've read some forums about getting from Lake Como to Salzburg on Fodors, but they were posted 4 years ago. I'm sure things have changed since then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading to Amsterdam soon. Do you recommend I try weed?
- 2 Bath/Cotswolds
- 3 Shorts in South of France?
- 4 Spain: train/rental car help
- 5 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 6 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 7 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 8 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 9 Globus Iberian Tour
- 10 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 11 base for Andalucia
- 12 Italy travel plan help
- 13 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 14 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 15 23 day honeymoon to Greece
- 16 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 17 Copenhagen,Helsinki,St. Petersburg in mid September
- 18 Getting from Bordeaux Gare to the airport
- 19 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 20 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 21 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 24 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 25 Journees du patrimonie 2017