I am a very inexperienced European train traveler, hoping to get some easy-to-understand advice on how to travel by train from Lake Como to Salzburg with the least amount of connections.
And then after a few days in Salzburg, I want to go to Amsterdam.
So my question is:
What is the fastest route? I don't mind leaving from the Milan train station, if that gives me better train options. I would LOVE to take a sleeper/night train if that is an option.
I've read some forums about getting from Lake Como to Salzburg on Fodors, but they were posted 4 years ago. I'm sure things have changed since then.
How To: Train from LAKE COMO to SALZBURG to AMSTERDAM
- 1 Home base in Provence in July
- 2 Paris - Apartment on Rue Volta, 3rd arr?
- 3 IRELAND ELECTRONIC HELP
- 4 Paris Perfect: change of apartment
- 5 4 days in Zurich for the adventurous- what to do?
- 6 Revamped Summer Plan - Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Italy
- 7 Crete to Sifnos by Ferry?
- 8 St. Peter's Tomb at the Necropolis Scavi Fact or Fiction?
- 9 Must-do Day Trips from London
- 10 Any experience with Chateau des Monthairons (Dieue-sur-Meuse near Verdun)?
- 11 Northern Italy
- 12 9 or 10 night Spain itinerary
- 13 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 14 Formal Tours of the Marais paris
- 15 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 16 2001: A Maitaitom Italian Odyssey - "The Lost Trip Report"
- 17 Best area for wine and which one?
- 18 Rail 1st class tickets in Germany 2nd class in Switzerland
- 19 Four days to wander France???
- 20 jungfraujoch mid june
- 21 Tierentyne mustard on a Sunday
- 22 The Old ATM Question Ally Bank Debit Cards in Europe today
- 23 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 24 Drive Rome Florence
- 25 Barcelona