I am a very inexperienced European train traveler, hoping to get some easy-to-understand advice on how to travel by train from Lake Como to Salzburg with the least amount of connections.
And then after a few days in Salzburg, I want to go to Amsterdam.
So my question is:
What is the fastest route? I don't mind leaving from the Milan train station, if that gives me better train options. I would LOVE to take a sleeper/night train if that is an option.
I've read some forums about getting from Lake Como to Salzburg on Fodors, but they were posted 4 years ago. I'm sure things have changed since then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 2 First time in Bulgaria
- 3 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 4 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 5 Alps Drive
- 6 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 7 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 No Periods in British Written English!
- 10 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 11 St Denis Cathedral
- 12 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 13 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 14 Paris cooking classes
- 15 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 16 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 17 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 18 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 19 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 20 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 21 Praiano
- 22 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 23 Help please
- 24 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 25 Andalucia itinerary help