I am a very inexperienced European train traveler, hoping to get some easy-to-understand advice on how to travel by train from Lake Como to Salzburg with the least amount of connections.
And then after a few days in Salzburg, I want to go to Amsterdam.
So my question is:
What is the fastest route? I don't mind leaving from the Milan train station, if that gives me better train options. I would LOVE to take a sleeper/night train if that is an option.
I've read some forums about getting from Lake Como to Salzburg on Fodors, but they were posted 4 years ago. I'm sure things have changed since then.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 2 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 5 Revised itinerary for italy
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 8 Biarritz family holiday
- 9 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 10 Lisbon hotel
- 11 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 12 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 13 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 14 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 15 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 16 Italy
- 17 4 Days in Tuscany
- 18 If you had to choose one......
- 19 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 20 Switzerland
- 21 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 22 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 23 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 24 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 25 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?