Hi. I am getting ready to travel to Europe for the first time. I will be staying in London for about two weeks but would like to do day trips to Edinburgh and Paris as well as other places in England such as Bath and Leeds. Rather than doing an organized tour with transportation leaving from England, I am interested in just doing it myself. Does anyone have any suggestions for affordable travel from London to these destinations? I'm a little overwhelmed from what I've seen on the internet--it seems like there are so many options, I just don't know what to do. Thanks!
How to take day trips from London
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 2 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.
- 3 Mt Titlus Engelberg mountain
- 4 Moving to Belfast
- 5 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 6 Christmas in Munich
- 7 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 8 Luggage sizing
- 9 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 10 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 11 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 12 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 13 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 14 Eleanor's Pages
- 15 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 16 2 Weeks in Switzerland in December
- 17 Gstaad, Switzerland, am I missing anything?
- 18 Santorini - best place to stay in the Island
- 19 Where to rent a car in Barcelona
- 20 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 21 3 day trip from Madrid to Bourdeaux by car
- 22 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 23 Where should I go (4 days after work week in London)
- 24 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 25 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall