We are planning to do Rome and Tuscany in late September/early October with our then eight month old. I am looking for advice on how to structure our trip as I have read all the boards and the various insights on heading straight to Tuscany upon arrival or staying in Rome and then going to Tuscany and I just wanted to get input with our specific situation.
1) We have two weeks to work with including travel days.
2) Fly roundtrip Detroit-Rome nonstop, would rather not do FLR on one end due to nonstop from FCO to DTW. Have decided to omit Florence as we just want to take it slow and enjoy.
3) Do we scoop up rental car from FCO after arriving at 9:30am and head straight to Tuscany, looking at staying outside Siena OR do we do Rome and then head to Tuscany but then that would require overnighting in Rome again or at airport hotel before return flight not ideal but doable. I have read about taking train to Orievto and then picking up rental car from there, thoughts on that?
4) Any good AirBNB or apartment rentals in Rome/Tuscany? Budget would be around $300-400 per night. We have SPG and Marriott points to burn before merger ruins them but I know staying in a hotel room w/ baby is not ideal.
I appreciate your input everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Munich itinerary review
- 2 My final Prague itinerary
- 3 UK or France or elsewhere, July 2018, good price from west coast?
- 4 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 5 Birthday dinner in Salzburg
- 6 Christmas - New Year Holiday
- 7 weekend from cologne germany
- 8 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 9 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 10 Help with my trip to Paris and London
- 11 3nights in Venice
- 12 multi city flights to europe
- 13 Europe itinerary questions
- 14 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 15 Earthquake near Naples
- 16 13 nights in switzerland
- 17 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 18 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 19 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 20 Football Tickets - Athens
- 21 where to stay between Salamanca and Zaragoza?
- 22 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Positano or Sorrento?
- 25 Lyon airport hotel or downtown + taxi