We are planning to do Rome and Tuscany in late September/early October with our then eight month old. I am looking for advice on how to structure our trip as I have read all the boards and the various insights on heading straight to Tuscany upon arrival or staying in Rome and then going to Tuscany and I just wanted to get input with our specific situation.
1) We have two weeks to work with including travel days.
2) Fly roundtrip Detroit-Rome nonstop, would rather not do FLR on one end due to nonstop from FCO to DTW. Have decided to omit Florence as we just want to take it slow and enjoy.
3) Do we scoop up rental car from FCO after arriving at 9:30am and head straight to Tuscany, looking at staying outside Siena OR do we do Rome and then head to Tuscany but then that would require overnighting in Rome again or at airport hotel before return flight not ideal but doable. I have read about taking train to Orievto and then picking up rental car from there, thoughts on that?
4) Any good AirBNB or apartment rentals in Rome/Tuscany? Budget would be around $300-400 per night. We have SPG and Marriott points to burn before merger ruins them but I know staying in a hotel room w/ baby is not ideal.
I appreciate your input everyone!!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 help with Italy itinerary
- 2 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 3 Barcelona with baby
- 4 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 5 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 6 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 7 Good location for Paris apartment?
- 8 Norway fjord
- 9 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 10 Stresa (town), Italy - things to do?
- 11 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 14 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 15 Andalusia with kids What should they read before we visit?
- 16 5 countries in 5 weeks - family trip
- 17 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 18 Pre-Bookings in London?
- 19 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 20 Preliminary Scotland itinerary late September 2017
- 21 Capri in July
- 22 Self catering house area 't Gooi for young family
- 23 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 24 Venice
- 25 London 2For1 question