We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 2 3.5 weeks in Europe w/ 10-month old
- 3 Sorting out my travel Days in Italy
- 4 Potential return trip to Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- 5 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 6 Oslo, Norway - worth the trip?
- 7 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 8 Refining Alsace itinerary
- 9 Hotel or bed and breakfast in Venice
- 10 Vienna and Prague or Venice/Sienna/Rome for honeymoon?
- 11 Castello di Sammezzano
- 12 Choosing countries for an 18 day trip
- 13 Paris on Palm Sunday and Easter
- 14 If you had a do-over @ Hampton Court Palace..
- 15 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 16 Iceland Trekking/Camping
- 17 Trip report: visit to Hampton Court Palace (London)
- 18 Help - Train: Florence to Salerno & Ferry: Salerno to Positano
- 19 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 20 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 21 Affordable hotel recommendations for Barcelona in Jan/Feb 2015
- 22 25 days in Europe
- 23 Towns between Dingle and Doolin, Ireland or North of Galway
- 24 Please help me plan my trip!
- 25 euro quiz # 69 - All About Parks...