We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 2 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 3 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 4 What to book ahead in Barcelona?
- 5 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 6 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 7 Best mobile operator/plan for Czech Republic + adjacent countries?
- 8 How to fit in Madrid, Lorca and possibly Toledo in 4 days?
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 11 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 12 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 13 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 14 Ireland Southwest
- 15 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 16 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 17 What to wear
- 18 Suggested Itinerary and ideas for South of France road tour?
- 19 3 weeks in Europe
- 20 Barcelona and Italy itinerary...hotels all set, need help w some details
- 21 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 22 Monet in Normandy
- 23 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 24 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 25 Rome airport--should I arrive more than 2 hours early?