We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budapest to Kosice
- 2 Poland to Austria In December
- 3 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Globus Iberian Tour
- 6 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 7 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 Italy travel plan help
- 12 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 13 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 14 Italy itinerary - input needed, please!!
- 15 Driving in Southern Italy - outside the beaten track
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Thinking about the Fjords
- 18 LHR Connection Time and Fast Track
- 19 Agriturismo or small hotel between Milan & Cinque Terre
- 20 road trip through scotland
- 21 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 22 Tracking the Weather
- 23 Camping on the Tour of Mont Blanc
- 24 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 25 base for Andalucia
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?