We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 first family trip to Switzerland
- 2 Alterations to night trains routes
- 3 Barcelona itinerary- please help
- 4 the best of italy?
- 5 Tickets for premier league and England games
- 6 2 nights in Venice - what restaurants should we not miss?
- 7 cell phone usage in Italy (US)
- 8 Best data sim
- 9 MADRID--Restaurants, & tapas bars--please advise!
- 10 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 11 Madrid has much less to offer than Barcelona...
- 12 Weekend in London; looking for the best Indian food
- 13 suggested 9 day itinerary in Europe - Valentines Day!
- 14 MXP to Dolomites--Where To Stay In Between
- 15 Last minute ideas anyone?
- 16 Need help on Drive from Granada to Sevilla
- 17 Driving Zagreb-Budapest-Vienna-Prague
- 18 Getting from Zagreb to Vienna to Cesky Krumlov to Prague, etc.
- 19 Trouble deciding between backpack or wheeled luggage
- 20 Family Vacation Mallorca
- 21 Madrid Apartment Rentals
- 22 Malaga – Enjoying a Spanish vibe on the Costa del Sol
- 23 Is 5000 miles realistic in 14-16 days?
- 24 3 adults in a Triple room at Hotel Attalos- crazy?
- 25 So much to do, so little time!