We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My Google Maps
- 2 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 3 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 4 Waste of money...
- 5 Is Venice really dirty?
- 6 Kids in Pubs -- N Ireland and Ireland
- 7 If you are looking for a good restaurant in Lisbon..
- 8 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 9 Stereotypes about various nationalities
- 10 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 11 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 12 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 13 Switzerland, Germany, Spain from april 13th to may 7th
- 14 Shoe/boot help for Munich and Berlin
- 15 Transportation or Driver recommendations / experiences Ireland/ N Ireland
- 16 italy - france - germany
- 17 Prague, Krakow, Budapest and Vienna
- 18 Planning Europe trip
- 19 Riva del Garda to Rome
- 20 Four weeks driving thru Italy October 2014
- 21 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 22 Authentic czech food
- 23 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 24 Two weeks in Paris guiding 4 couples. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Where to stay in Tuscany with a 5 year old