We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 2 Sky diving in Barcelona
- 3 Opera Kings to Europe-Ongoing Report
- 4 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 5 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 6 Spending money in Italy?
- 7 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 8 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 9 Getting cash in Spain
- 10 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 11 I went to Paris in June
- 12 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 13 Help with itinerary Bulgaria and Romania
- 14 stop in lisboa or not
- 15 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 16 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 17 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 18 Paris Metro Closures??
- 19 Italy things to do?
- 20 My final (hopefully) Dresden Itinerary for Review
- 21 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 22 Study Abroad: Amsterdam vs Berlin vs Prague
- 23 a hostel in Moscow, Russia
- 24 Base for 6 nights between Fussen and Garmisch Partenkirchen?
- 25 spain in 14 nights with wife and 2 17 yrs old kids