We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Renting a car after train to Florence
- 2 Mykonos plus another Island. Which one?
- 3 SoS!!! Rome Hotel Prices - Why soooo expensive????
- 4 German Wings
- 5 Sea side in Italy
- 6 Sagrada Familia - Barcelona; time "allocation"
- 7 14 days in Italy. need some help
- 8 Help! Anyone else victim of Hertz rental car return "damages" charge scam?
- 9 Europe Quis ( Friday March 27 )
- 10 Advice for Venice/Rome Trip
- 11 Small town /village within an hour of Dublin Airport
- 12 Arrive in Paris early am, no check-in/luggage drop until pm. Options?
- 13 Our first trip to Europe
- 14 Booking Engines You trust?
- 15 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 16 Does anyone know of a good resource for Castles
- 17 Gargnano vs Bellagio (Lake Garda vs Lake Como)
- 18 Using Obb website
- 19 Does ticket to Delacroix allow entry to Louvre?
- 20 Milan underground
- 21 The Train In Spain And Maybe Take A Plane?
- 22 Checking out your destination with live webcams- Rome for example!
- 23 To include Florence or Not....A Venice, (maybe Florence), and Rome trip
- 24 April long weekend - Munich v Innsbruck v Salzburg
- 25 Budapest Favorites