We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy by car
- 2 Parisian hotel lobby goes on the attack
- 3 Itinerary set for my grand Basque adventure
- 4 Athens or So. Spain in winter
- 5 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 6 Christmas in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 7 Elbe Bike Trip 2 with a nasty end
- 8 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 9 1 week in Cornwall, England
- 10 Scotland: Bluebells and Gorse, Castles and Stones, and NO Rain!
- 11 Here I plan again....Amsterdam
- 12 T Mobile Does it Again
- 13 Melk/Wachau Day Trip from Vienna
- 14 Sweden, Denmark or Both ? 8 days in Aug
- 15 8 days in Madrid/Sevilla/Granada
- 16 Switzerland Itinerary - cheese making?
- 17 Seville Itinerary
- 18 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 19 Dolomites October 14-18
- 20 Florence 2 weeks
- 21 Milan overnight or not en route to MXP with 2 kids
- 22 Santorini
- 23 One in Paris ... help
- 24 Bern, Switzerland: Anything Open on Jan 1st?
- 25 Help planning!! 3 days between Kandersteg & Interlaken
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?