We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
- 1 Paris museums free admission
- 2 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 3 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 4 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 5 Scotland: Mellerstain House or Floors Castle?
- 6 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 7 Am I too fat too travel?
- 8 Mykonos, Greece Ferry Help Please
- 9 Do and don't, eating in France
- 10 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 11 Who is along for the ride???Still needing help on this INTERESTING trip
- 12 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 13 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 14 Escaping Crowds in la Costiera and Cilento...and a brief fling with Naples.
- 15 Italian train question
- 16 Venice Apartment - Help!
- 17 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 18 Best area to stay in Rome
- 19 In Venice then Wengen - Urgent help to choose Apt + Train ticket Sold Out
- 20 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 21 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 22 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 23 Italy with kids - lost in the wilderness of planning - please help
- 24 Getting the best our of Europe
- 25 Rome apartment