We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 2 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 3 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 4 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 5 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 6 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 7 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 8 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 9 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 10 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 13 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 14 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 15 Paris, London, 49ers and Fodors GTG
- 16 Madrid & Andalucía: 26 Years Later
- 17 Brussels or Amsterdam?
- 18 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 19 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 20 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 21 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 22 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 23 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 24 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 25 I dream of Europe