We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 10 days to Explore Europe
- 2 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 3 German Rail Twin Pass
- 4 Music and/or Favorite Day Trips, Barcelona
- 5 How much luggage?????
- 6 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 7 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 8 Need advice please. First time visiting France next year
- 9 Help with France itinerary
- 10 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 11 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 12 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 13 ITALO trains need help
- 14 Cinque Terre v Tuscany
- 15 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 16 Cornwall or Paris?
- 17 plug adapters ITALY
- 18 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Naples to Paris to Barcelona in November
- 21 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 22 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 23 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 24 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 25 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago