We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 2 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 3 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 4 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 5 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 6 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 7 Snowboarding in Poland
- 8 Travel with Teens
- 9 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 10 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 11 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 12 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 13 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 14 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 15 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 16 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 19 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 20 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 21 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 22 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 23 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 24 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 25 Reims for a day