We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 2 Trains in Europe
- 3 Is seventeen too young to travel to Europe?
- 4 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 5 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 6 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 7 3 weeks in Sicily
- 8 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 9 Mum's been to Iceland, or "round Iceland with a cucumber"
- 10 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 11 Trip report of our visit to Rioja
- 12 Walking shoes for London and Paris
- 13 In the event you believe the nonsense next applying
- 14 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 15 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 16 Munich - vacation apartment rental, week after Christmas
- 17 Raining in rome
- 18 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 19 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 20 Activ holiday in Andalusia
- 21 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 22 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 23 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 24 What is the best way to get to Frankfurt from Pozieres
- 25 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna