We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Avignon to London?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 9 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Traveling to Munich
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)