We are planning to stay a few days in Portugal on the way to Rome.
Our son was in Portugal before and he recommends staying 3 full days in Lisbon.
on the 4th day take a train to Sintra, spend the whole day exploring Sintra and return to Lisbon.
The next day take a train to Porto. Stay 2 full days in Porto.
Would you recommend spending more time in Lisbon and taking more day trips from there?
We do not want to rent a car, but there seems to be a possibility to go to Óbidos, Nazaré, Fátima and Batalha with a tour company. See the link:
Would you recommend doing it?
Also would you recommend taking a day trip to Evora from Lisbon?
Would you recommend taking a day trip to Coimbra from Porto or Lisbon?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Road Maps of Ireland
- 2 My First Trip to Europe...
- 3 Two-day Detour Before Amalfi Coast
- 4 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 5 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 6 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 7 Manchester on derby weekend
- 8 Rome to Positano
- 9 Day trips from Uzes
- 10 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 11 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 12 Itinerary Critique, please?
- 13 From London to Paris to US
- 14 France to stop making foie grois
- 15 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 16 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 17 Restaurants and sights in Puglia
- 18 Puglia
- 19 Trip Report: A Culinary Adventure Through Burgundy
- 20 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 21 Barcelona Car rental return
- 22 Stonehenge and Bath
- 23 Ferrara or Verona for a 4/5 hours stopover?
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Heathrow to hotel transportation question
How to split a few days between Lisbon and Porto with day trips.NO car?