I am planning a trip to Europe in late September/ early October and I plan to spend 10 or 11 days in Spain. We will be coming from Zurich, so a direct flight into Barcelona seems to be the cheapest and quickest way of getting there. I also have a flight out of Barcelona the last day. We are a couple in our 20s and are okay taking the time to travel to different parts of the country, since I'm not sure when we will ever get back. I am thinking of spending the first five days in Barcelona, then taking the train to Sevilla and splitting the next five days between Sevilla and Grenada. We will either fly or take the train from Sevilla to Barcelona on the last day.
Do you have suggestions on the best way to travel between Sevilla and Grenada, and Sevilla and Barcelona? Also, are there any other recommended plans or cities in these areas that you would suggest? I have certainly done research on Spain but there is only so much I can learn from a travel book. Our main interests are the culture, beautiful scenery and architecture, and food and wine (museums and ruins are not our priorities). I realize it would be smarter to spend the entire time in one area of Spain, but my husband is dying to see Barcelona (I've been there twice and love it) and I would love to spend time in Sevilla/Grenada (we've never been).
I'd appreciate any feedback you could give - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Good Pocket Map Guide To Amsterdam
- 2 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 3 Day trip from London in December
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 6 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 7 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 8 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 9 Rome or Venice first
- 10 Loire or Provence in January?
- 11 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 16 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 17 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 18 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 19 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 20 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 21 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 22 Europe First Timers
- 23 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 24 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 25 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece