I am planning a trip to Europe in late September/ early October and I plan to spend 10 or 11 days in Spain. We will be coming from Zurich, so a direct flight into Barcelona seems to be the cheapest and quickest way of getting there. I also have a flight out of Barcelona the last day. We are a couple in our 20s and are okay taking the time to travel to different parts of the country, since I'm not sure when we will ever get back. I am thinking of spending the first five days in Barcelona, then taking the train to Sevilla and splitting the next five days between Sevilla and Grenada. We will either fly or take the train from Sevilla to Barcelona on the last day.
Do you have suggestions on the best way to travel between Sevilla and Grenada, and Sevilla and Barcelona? Also, are there any other recommended plans or cities in these areas that you would suggest? I have certainly done research on Spain but there is only so much I can learn from a travel book. Our main interests are the culture, beautiful scenery and architecture, and food and wine (museums and ruins are not our priorities). I realize it would be smarter to spend the entire time in one area of Spain, but my husband is dying to see Barcelona (I've been there twice and love it) and I would love to spend time in Sevilla/Grenada (we've never been).
I'd appreciate any feedback you could give - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cash machines ATM
- 2 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 3 YIKES!
- 4 ideas for four days in Reykjavic
- 5 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 6 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 7 Give advice on Austria trip in the fall.....
- 8 Our Roman Holiday - 8 nights in the Eternal City
- 9 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 10 A walk through Greenwich and Blackheath March 2017
- 11 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 12 Charming areas to explore in London
- 13 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 14 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 15 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 16 Is Mittenwald a good base for outdoor activities, etc?
- 17 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 18 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 19 Reviews of Paris restaurants: Tour d’Argent, Le Cinq, Ange20,...
- 20 Swiss Pass
- 21 Advice on use of Toll roads in Portugal
- 22 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 23 Scotland Trip Report
- 24 Athens International airport
- 25 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?