I am planning a trip to Europe in late September/ early October and I plan to spend 10 or 11 days in Spain. We will be coming from Zurich, so a direct flight into Barcelona seems to be the cheapest and quickest way of getting there. I also have a flight out of Barcelona the last day. We are a couple in our 20s and are okay taking the time to travel to different parts of the country, since I'm not sure when we will ever get back. I am thinking of spending the first five days in Barcelona, then taking the train to Sevilla and splitting the next five days between Sevilla and Grenada. We will either fly or take the train from Sevilla to Barcelona on the last day.
Do you have suggestions on the best way to travel between Sevilla and Grenada, and Sevilla and Barcelona? Also, are there any other recommended plans or cities in these areas that you would suggest? I have certainly done research on Spain but there is only so much I can learn from a travel book. Our main interests are the culture, beautiful scenery and architecture, and food and wine (museums and ruins are not our priorities). I realize it would be smarter to spend the entire time in one area of Spain, but my husband is dying to see Barcelona (I've been there twice and love it) and I would love to spend time in Sevilla/Grenada (we've never been).
I'd appreciate any feedback you could give - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Days in Switzerland
- 2 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 3 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 4 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 5 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 6 6-7 Days in France
- 7 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 10 Another tipping question: concierges
- 11 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 12 We're here!
- 13 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 14 Korean Messages
- 15 Getting to Bolivia
- 16 Budapest in December 2017
- 17 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 18 Rental Car for Day Trip from Antalya to Pamukkale/Hierapolis?
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 21 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 22 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 23 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 24 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 25 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!