I am planning a trip to Europe in late September/ early October and I plan to spend 10 or 11 days in Spain. We will be coming from Zurich, so a direct flight into Barcelona seems to be the cheapest and quickest way of getting there. I also have a flight out of Barcelona the last day. We are a couple in our 20s and are okay taking the time to travel to different parts of the country, since I'm not sure when we will ever get back. I am thinking of spending the first five days in Barcelona, then taking the train to Sevilla and splitting the next five days between Sevilla and Grenada. We will either fly or take the train from Sevilla to Barcelona on the last day.
Do you have suggestions on the best way to travel between Sevilla and Grenada, and Sevilla and Barcelona? Also, are there any other recommended plans or cities in these areas that you would suggest? I have certainly done research on Spain but there is only so much I can learn from a travel book. Our main interests are the culture, beautiful scenery and architecture, and food and wine (museums and ruins are not our priorities). I realize it would be smarter to spend the entire time in one area of Spain, but my husband is dying to see Barcelona (I've been there twice and love it) and I would love to spend time in Sevilla/Grenada (we've never been).
I'd appreciate any feedback you could give - thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 International drivers permit
- 2 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 3 First Timers Traveling to Italy - Help!
- 4 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 5 Early morning flight Venice/VCE
- 6 First visit to London
- 7 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 8 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 9 Where to stay - Honeymoon in Southern Tuscany
- 10 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 11 Naples + Walking Tour
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 14 Agriturismo with train access to Florence
- 15 Austria + Italy 10 Days places to visit in July
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 18 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 19 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 20 TIM in FCO - update
- 21 London GTG May 19-25
- 22 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 23 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 24 Classical Tour of Albania
- 25 London and Normandy