Looking for some advice about the 9 full nights I have planned for a south of France trip I have planned from 8 Sep to 18 Sep. Will be arriving into Lyon (4pm) and headed to Paris on the 18th. I am interested in spending time in Lyon, Avignon, Marseille, Nice and Monaco. My wife and I are interested in a relaxed pace in each, nothing too rushed. From our research, we are thinking 2 nights in each and potentially 3 in Nice, however am unsure if I am trying to undertake too much?
My wife and I would like to visit wineries, tour the local sights in each place, eat delicious food and take it easy. Would the days above be too hectic. I have some tours arrange 1 night in each. While I accept I can't see everything, but would this give us a good feel for the place?
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 2 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 3 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 4 NOTICE: Disruption on the railway line Mannheim-Basel
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 7 de Roma A Como en 6 días
- 8 What is the hostess gift you love to give or receive?
- 9 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 10 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 11 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 12 Rome to Naples/Pompeii
- 13 Salzburg itinerary review
- 14 Help! Need Itinerary advice for Vacation in the Alps
- 15 Last minute trip to Germany and Switzerland
- 16 Milan and Lake Como
- 17 weekend from cologne germany
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 20 Switzerland in September
- 21 Mid-late Oct in Slovenia?
- 22 Where to eat in Rome?
- 23 Montserrat, Spain - Sept 8 or Sept 10?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 25 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more