Husband and I are going to Europe for 2-months in 2016 and are trying to cram a lot in that time. We are spending 9 days on Ireland before catching a plane to Glasgow. I really want to see the Isle of Skye and hike to the Fairy Pools. Here's our itinerary as of now- all criticism/advice welcomed!
August 1 - Fly into Glasgow
August 2 - Drive to Fort Williams (maybe get a peek at Jacobite train) <is it worth stopping at Loch Lomond?> continue to Eilean Donan Castle - continue to Portree for hostel
August 3 - Old Man of Storr hike - Portree hostel
August 4 - Fairy Pools hike - Neist Point Lighthouse - Portree hostel
August 5 - Drive to Inverness - Drive to Edinburgh - check into hostel
August 6 - Edinburgh
August 7 - Drive to Glasgow - return rental car - Fly to London
August 7 - Land in London - check into hotel - dinner on the town
August 8 - The original London Tour - 48-hour pass
August 9 - 48-hour pass (Adding London Eye ride & probably St. Paul's Cathedral tour
August 10 - Free walking tours - Thames boat ride
August 11 - Lazy day & London Theater at night
August 12 - Train to Bath
August 13 - Day in Bath
August 14 - Train to London and on to Belgium
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacation to europe
- 2 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 3 A week in Verona - day trip suggestions?
- 4 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 5 No Periods in British Written English!
- 6 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 7 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 8 St Denis Cathedral
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 11 Perugia
- 12 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 13 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 14 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 15 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 16 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 17 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 18 Praiano
- 19 Rouen Tour Companies
- 20 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 21 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 22 Ireland itinerary help please
- 23 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 24 Ronda Wine/biking
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy