I will be in Basel with my family. Any suggestions on how to rent a car? We will use it to drive to Bern and up to get close to Jungfrau. The train seems very expensive for the 4 of us. Our 2 Swiss friends may join us, too. Also, we plan to take day trips into Germany and France. I was planning to rent a car for one day. Looking at train fares, it may be better to rent a car for 3 days. Any ideas would be helpful.
How to rent a car in Basel? How many days for car or use train?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 One more last question on Bayeux
- 2 Medieval Tallinn
- 3 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 4 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 5 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 6 New to Fodors: Please help with beginning stages of husband/wife trip
- 7 Revised itinerary needs approval
- 8 Euro Train
- 9 20 day Backpacking Trip
- 10 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 11 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 12 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 13 Italian language schools
- 14 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 15 When to visit Provence updated info
- 16 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 17 ITALY IN 6 WEEKS
- 18 Lucerne & Zurich
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Trip around Spain
- 21 Venice in Jan
- 22 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 23 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 24 How early to get to CDG
- 25 Berlin