I'm getting ready to leave for my Switzerland/Italy trip the first two weeks of June. We'll be staying in Lauterbrunnen and touring the Berner Oberland for five days starting on June 7th. I'm not sure how to pack for that portion of my trip. Is it acceptable to go to restaurants still attired in hiking pants and hiking boots? I'm assuming that people who visit this area for the hiking will be dressed pretty casually throughout the day?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Verdun ceremonies -- 100th anniversary of the battle
- 2 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 3 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 4 One Way... trust or bust?
- 5 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 6 However, once you've gotten
- 7 American Style Restaurants in London
- 8 The Definitive Guide to Behave Like A Local in Spain
- 9 After Mass, on a Sunday, in Rome
- 10 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 11 Edinburgh Nightlife
- 12 Girls trip - Lisbon
- 13 Walking GPS?
- 14 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 15 July 2-5, 2012 Int'l Philosphy Conference at Assos, Turkey (near Troy)
- 16 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 17 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 18 London theatre fans: advance info about Globe productions?
- 19 When to Arrive At The Airport
- 20 Traveling advice for Amalfi coast
- 21 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 22 Portugal trains
- 23 Rome to Cascia - is it better by train or bus?
- 24 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?
- 25 Beyond the Trees: At Altitude in Italy's Snowy Dolomites