Hello - I know this sounds like a random plan but we are a family of 4 with two 50+ and two 20+ who have desires to visit our ancestral home of Edinburgh/Kirkcaldy and basically the Kingdom of Fife. While we're this close, we've always wanted to see Paris. My energetic and travel hungry 27 and 28 yr olds also thought we could fit in London. We only have 8 days, possibly 9, from start to finish and I have some health issues that will require me to rest occasionally. We're interested in food, beer, wine, whiskey, museums and countryside beauty. While in Paris, the Louvre is a must and hopefully a trip to Versailles. I've heard apartments are the way to go with a family of 4 vs. hotel. I know flying between Edinburgh and Paris is the fastest but we love train travel and being able to see the countryside. We have a very modest budget as well. Any advice about how to make this travel plan work will be deeply appreciated. Thank you to all!
How to do Edinburgh and Paris in 8 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long in Venice?
- 2 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 3 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 4 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 5 First Time Going to Europe
- 6 Hotel in Rome?
- 7 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 8 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 9 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 10 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 11 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 12 Traditional food in Athens
- 13 After a Wild Thyme in Armenia: Retreat to Moscow
- 14 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 15 Getting cash in Spain
- 16 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 17 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 18 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 19 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 20 Russian Folk Dance program in Moscow
- 21 Greek Ferries in October - Q's
- 22 Cotswolds village base
- 23 Secure parking in Tarifa, Spain
- 24 I booked "Paris in Winter"
- 25 atm cards in Spain