Hello - I know this sounds like a random plan but we are a family of 4 with two 50+ and two 20+ who have desires to visit our ancestral home of Edinburgh/Kirkcaldy and basically the Kingdom of Fife. While we're this close, we've always wanted to see Paris. My energetic and travel hungry 27 and 28 yr olds also thought we could fit in London. We only have 8 days, possibly 9, from start to finish and I have some health issues that will require me to rest occasionally. We're interested in food, beer, wine, whiskey, museums and countryside beauty. While in Paris, the Louvre is a must and hopefully a trip to Versailles. I've heard apartments are the way to go with a family of 4 vs. hotel. I know flying between Edinburgh and Paris is the fastest but we love train travel and being able to see the countryside. We have a very modest budget as well. Any advice about how to make this travel plan work will be deeply appreciated. Thank you to all!
How to do Edinburgh and Paris in 8 days?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland November 2015
- 2 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 3 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 4 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 5 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 6 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Schengen Visa Rules
- 9 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 10 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 11 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 12 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 13 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 14 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 15 Southern Spain
- 16 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 17 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 18 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 19 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 20 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 21 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 22 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 23 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?