My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Heading off to our 18day Eurotrip soon - 3000€ for 2 people? Enough?
- 2 One Week in Amsterdam with Children
- 3 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 4 Large rental villa in Provence for family reunion
- 5 Which Florence hotel?
- 6 Innsbruck and surroundings
- 7 Should I buy Euro's now?
- 8 Euro Travel Quiz - Places Reeking of History
- 9 Rocamaxour
- 10 Free family pass for kids with Berner Oberland Pass?
- 11 What cities in Poland have you visited?
- 12 Up coming strikes at Spanish airports 2015
- 13 Visiting Bastogne and nearby - should I stay there or Liege or elsewhere?
- 14 Norway- 1 week trip in May
- 15 Looking for 5* Beach Resort
- 16 Spain vacation help
- 17 BUGA 2015 (Floral festival in Brandenburg) transportation
- 18 April in Madrid
- 19 From Paris to Vaison la romaine
- 20 Quiet beach town in Italy?
- 21 Winter in europe - am I being too ambitious?
- 22 construction near Shangri-La Paris or Le Royal Monceau Paris?
- 23 Louvre vs. Orsay/Rodin
- 24 I finally have my Scotland trip all booked.
- 25 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip