My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 2 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 3 Paris in April?
- 4 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 5 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 6 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 7 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 8 quiet hotel
- 9 He said , she said
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 12 Venice hotel selection
- 13 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 14 May trip to the islands
- 15 Where to stay in Rome
- 16 7 days in Greece
- 17 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 18 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 19 Augsburg with kids
- 20 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 21 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 22 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 23 Three days in Spain
- 24 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 25 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia