My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a serviced apartment in York
- 2 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 6 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 7 Traveling within Italy
- 8 Which travel plan?
- 9 London for Christmas
- 10 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 11 Paris: Where to Christmas Shop for Teen and Tween
- 12 Travel by train or bus
- 13 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 14 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 15 Venice passes....confusing as heck!
- 16 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 17 Florence in October
- 18 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 19 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 7 days in Andalucia
- 22 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 23 a week in Ireland over New year's
- 24 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 25 Euro Train