My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 seven days in Portugal
- 2 Ten days in Portugal - what are your favorites?
- 3 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 4 I need a haircut
- 5 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 We Need a Pact
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Madrid and London
- 10 Monet in Normandy
- 11 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 15 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 16 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 17 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 18 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 19 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 20 3 weeks France + north Italy itinerary
- 21 DOURO RIVER CRUISE - 1 DAY - PORTO-PINHAO-PORTO
- 22 german rail ticket question
- 23 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 24 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 25 flea markets in France