My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Garmisch Partenkirchen Christmas packing list
- 2 Venice to ban wheeled suitcases
- 3 Visiting UK boyfriend
- 4 Hotels and locations in Barcelona
- 5 Paris and where else?
- 6 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 7 Hotels in Amsterdam and Paris @ less than 150 euros per night
- 8 For 20,000 Euros, carve your initials in the Roman Colosseum
- 9 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 10 Eleanor's Pages
- 11 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 12 Amsterdam for a few hours, would you?
- 13 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 14 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 15 Tips for Chamonix in June?
- 16 Transportation ticket in Athens
- 17 seeking travel tips in italy and crotia
- 18 Internet or travel agent?
- 19 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 20 Itinerary concerns, please help
- 21 Neighbourhood for longer stay in Lisbon?
- 22 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 23 Aran Islands in wintertime
- 24 Paris for the First Time – Need Suggestions for a Non-touristy Experience
- 25 Beware Hotel Henry IV on Place Dauphine, Paris