My husband and I will be taking a 30th anniversary trip to the Greek Islands. The last time we were in Greece we were on our honeymoon, but not to these islands. I remember staying in Rhodes for $3 a night. But I digress. This time, I'd like to stay in some luxurious places, but looking at the prices, we probably won't want to spend the money necessary to be in the lap of luxury every night. So, I would appreciate suggestions for where to spend the big bucks and where to go for quaint and charming. For Santorini, it will be a must to see the caldera and the sunsets. I do not know enough about Mykonos to know whether to stay in town or the beach... and I am completely open for Naxos. We will be going in September or early October. Also,,,, any suggestions about what order to take the islands in. Note to pocketfullofdreams: this will be you in 30 years.
How to divide the budget for Santorini, Mykonos, and Naxos, and what order?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Think twice before booking a trip with Grand Circle.
- 2 6 weeks Spain Itinerary
- 3 Help finding private transfer from Monte Gordo, Portugal to Seville, Spain
- 4 dining in Brussels
- 5 Como or Bellagio hotel needed
- 6 Gifts from the States for European Hosts
- 7 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 8 5 days in Bremen for a conference
- 9 using airbnb for the first time...
- 10 Madrid: City Views
- 11 My Turkey Trip Had Ups and Downs
- 12 plug adapters ITALY
- 13 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 14 London before and after a cruise leaving from Southampton
- 15 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 16 How to make this adventure work?
- 17 Passport not stamped on entry into Rome, hassle exiting Frankfurt
- 18 How much luggage?????
- 19 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 20 3 WEEKS IN SICILY - ITINERARY HELP
- 21 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 22 A New Look at the Pilgrimage Footpath to Santiago de la Compestella...
- 23 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 24 17 days in Europe: a family vacation
- 25 Vienna State Opera Tickets