I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 italy in ll days and what to see
- 2 Berlin / Cologne / Rothenburg / Neuschwanstein
- 3 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 4 Slovania & Croatia
- 5 Edinburgh to Bath - what is best option? train or plane
- 6 Prague National Theatre- Help with Choosing Box Seats 1st Timer ...
- 7 Swiss Alps to Florence
- 8 Edinburgh airport taxi recos?
- 9 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 10 Swiss travel pass/ Glacier express
- 11 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 12 PARIS. GTG-------Sept.14, 2016, anyone interested?
- 13 Gumusluk - Myndos
- 14 Any details on the explosions at the Istanbul Airport?
- 15 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 16 Alhambra Guide
- 17 Austria to Itlay road trip
- 18 What about Basque Country?
- 19 Tuscany Region - Public Transportation or Rental Car?
- 20 DO NOT USE GO TODAY.COM!
- 21 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 22 First time Germany Frankfurt to Munich 2 weeks
- 23 To europe this Aug
- 24 Amsterdam and ?????
- 25 Accomodation # Interlaken,Bern,Lucern,Lausanne,Geneva
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia