I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia
- 1 convenient hotel in rome for one nignt before heading south
- 2 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 3 Kids, drugs, and overnight flights...advice??!!
- 4 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 5 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 6 Driving through Europe
- 7 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 8 Getting the best our of Europe
- 9 Best Area to Stay in Paris
- 10 Without a car in the Cote d'Azur
- 11 Rubles & A River...Yes, We are in Russia
- 12 7 days in Turkey - itinerary help please!
- 13 Palio Parking
- 14 Best way to get to national rail station for 7 day paper travel cards?
- 15 July reservations for County Kerry?
- 16 Oxford to Rye
- 17 Alacazar in Sevilla
- 18 restaurants suggestions for verona,venice,florence,and bologna?
- 19 Ideas 1 weeks in Croatia (in and out from Zagreb)
- 20 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 21 Rental Car Pick-Up near Beaune
- 22 Getting from Tuscany to Lauterbrunnen
- 23 italy itinerary for comments
- 24 Italy trains: how to prebook, please?
- 25 Extra screening at immigration