I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Natural Sex for Women http://eternitynaturalscleanse.com/zyalix-reviews/
- 2 Bern to Salzburg with ear infection
- 3 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 4 Belgium for the 1st time
- 5 http://www.supplementoffers.org/intelleral/
- 6 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 7 Is International Drivers Permit in Spain Required
- 8 Lose Weight And Which It Stays Off Simply By Tips!
- 9 http://fitnesssteer.com/multiplex-garcinia/
- 10 Jack the Ripper Tour and Regent Palace Hotel
- 11 11 days in Andalusia
- 12 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 13 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 14 Should we go to Vienna?
- 15 Summer 2017 with Teens and Family
- 16 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 17 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 18 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 19 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 20 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 21 norway self-drive itinerary
- 22 Loire Valley itinerary
- 23 Paris - Phantom - Theatre Mogador Fire
- 24 Iceland trip report
- 25 February in Florence
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia