I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 2 Cute hotel in Venice (San Marco) for around $150USD
- 3 Spain Questions
- 4 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 5 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 6 Dublin Hostels
- 7 Avignon to London?
- 8 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 9 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 12 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 13 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 14 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 15 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 16 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 19 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Traveling to Munich
- 23 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 24 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 25 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days