I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary suggestion for 5-6 days between San Sebastian and Barcelona
- 2 Family Trip to Copenhagen, Norwegian Fjords, Sweden Schedule?
- 3 Day trips by train from Milan
- 4 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 5 Cheap SIM cards for iPhones in Paris
- 6 24 hrs in Istanbul
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 9 best way to travel from Budapest airport
- 10 Weekend hopping: Ghent, Zadar, Lisbon, Bosch, Brno,...
- 11 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 12 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 13 London dining service charge
- 14 Italy Itinerary: Rome and Amalfi
- 15 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 16 What are the Hidden Attractions in paris
- 17 London Paris
- 18 Chateau Lynch-Bages near Bordeaux
- 19 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 20 ITINERARY-6 WEEKS
- 21 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 22 Advance Booking for Spain
- 23 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 24 Planning a two day visit to Montreux
- 25 Norwegian air
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia