I'm going to Lisbon and would like to see some other interesting towns in Portugal, but ultimately I would like to head into Spain and end my trip with a car tour of Galicia. Before I leave Portugal, I would like to see Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao. I can spend as many days as needed in Portugal to make this comfortable, not rushing around.
Any thoughts about how to go about this? I really don't like "day trips". I'd rather switch hotels for a night and keep moving. As much as possible, I'd like to take trains, not drive or take buses. I know there are usually more buses than trains running in Portugal (yes?), but I don't like buses. I'd rather rent a car than take a bus, but most of all I like trains.
What would be fabulous if is there is a way to take trains the whole time in Portugal and even across the Spanish border so that I didn't have to pay a drop off fee for a car rental (I will need a car in Galicia).
Finally, am I right to think that if something needs to drop out of my wish list, it should be Evora? I am mainly going to Portugal to see historic sights, but I think I would enjoy the scenery in the Douro?
Am I crazy to go so far north in Portugal and not see the Minho river valley?
Thanks if you can offer any suggestions.
How to combine Evora, Coimbra, Oporto and Pinhao, and end up in Galicia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 2 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 3 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 4 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 5 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 6 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 8 Is my plan ok
- 9 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 10 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 11 5 Observations About Paris
- 12 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 13 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 14 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 15 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 16 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 19 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 20 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 21 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 22 Scotland November 2015
- 23 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 24 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 25 Best Option for London Travelcard?