Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?
- 2 Greek Itinerary advice needed, please.
- 3 8 Days in Spain - leaving in one week!!
- 4 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 5 Where to stay in Naples, Italy
- 6 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 9 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 10 Recs for Dublin B&B?
- 11 BMW European Delivery program
- 12 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 13 18 DAYS IN VIENNA, 7 DAYS WITH A 4-YEAR-OLD
- 14 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 15 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 16 Hotel Millesime or Hotel des Marronniers or Hotel du Danube
- 17 Eating in University cafeterias
- 18 your favorite coasts/shores, lake or sea
- 19 travel to western Europe from India
- 20 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 21 Visiting Pompeii Via Train From Naples To Sorrento
- 22 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 23 wineries near Ronda
- 24 Questions on Cork and Another Irish Town Suggestion!
- 25 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.