Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 2 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 3 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 4 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 5 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 6 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 7 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 8 Is my plan ok
- 9 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 10 Reputable Tours
- 11 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 12 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 13 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 14 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 15 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 16 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 17 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 18 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 19 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 20 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 21 Portugal Trip
- 22 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 23 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 24 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 25 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???