Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 2 Help neede with Liquria itinerary
- 3 Trip Report: 17 days in Switzerland, Austria & Czech Republic
- 4 Are Bit Coins Accepted Anywhere In Europe anywhere...
- 5 London hotel tax is 20%
- 6 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 7 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 10 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 11 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 12 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 13 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 14 Need help with itinerary
- 15 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 16 Appian Way and Catacombs in Rome, tour? Sunday?
- 17 First Trip to Europe
- 18 Expat area's in France
- 19 24 Hours on Santorini -- what to do and see?
- 20 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 21 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 22 One month (ish) in Spain
- 23 Training from Switzerland to Paris to the UK
- 24 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 25 Weather in Rias Baixas this weekend?