Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 2 Drat! -- Always cancel credit card after European car rental
- 3 Italy through locals eyes
- 4 Lagos or Portimao better base to stay
- 5 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 6 Rome, and Eastern Europe by older single woman
- 7 3.5 Weeks in Europe with no luggage
- 8 Pontresina to Tirano by Train
- 9 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 10 Norway and maybe Denmark
- 11 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 12 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 13 Apartment rental in Barcelona
- 14 Advice please...
- 15 PLEASE HELP! Study Abroad either Rome or London for Journalism/PR Major
- 16 More questions about Swiss rail system and the Bernina Express?
- 17 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 18 Paris in black and white
- 19 Two Sisters-in-law in Italy
- 20 Wineries open on Saturdays in October
- 21 Hey Fodor's
- 22 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 23 Apartment rental agencies in Barcelona
- 24 Douro cruise in last week of November?
- 25 Pre-Trip Jitters!