Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 IDP for Scotland
- 2 Late October Trip in France
- 3 Sim card in Nice, France
- 4 Attending Church in Rome?
- 5 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 6 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 7 Croatia to Italy last week in September through October (Bernina Express?)
- 8 Iceland first time!
- 9 In Pursuit of Vikings, Fjords and Cooler Weather, thursdaysd Goes North
- 10 Cell Phones in France
- 11 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 12 Cinque Terre
- 13 Greece and Turkey next summer - are we crazy?
- 14 Andalucia Itinerary
- 15 A great read for anyone visiting the UK.
- 16 Exchanging Dollars for Euros - Best before leaving or after arriving?
- 17 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 18 Train tickets in Europe
- 19 5 Nights in the Midlands
- 20 La Colombe d'Or in St. Paul de Vence
- 21 Help, traveling to Barcelona with Baby
- 22 Itinerary suggestions for 7 day trip to Croatia
- 23 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 24 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 25 Enticing Iceland - Our week-long trip around the south
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!