Good to find this forum!
My wife and I plan to visit Europe first time for 2 weeks (16 days) in October from Los Angeles. Plan to go Paris, Rome and Venice for sure
Also considering to visit Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera if possible, now the question is
Since we plan to stay 3 days in Paris, 2-3 days in Rome, 1 day in Venice, we only have about 7 days left for other places and transportation
1. Before we consider to rent a car from French Rivera's nearby (such as toulon or marsiella) and go along coast line, all way to Amalfi coast, how long it will take to drive and visit those places? How difficult to access those places with car? Such as road condition, parking, etc.? I drives couple of times to hwy 1 in California, are they very similar, or much harder?
2. After I read a lot of negative feedback of renting car, I'm thinking using public transportation; in this case, we have to use some city as base for each place -- in this case, which of these 3 places is most worthy of visiting? Which city I should use as base? Any tour bus available from base city to those places? Or I have to call for pick up service? ( how much is this kind of service)
Any suggestion is welcome, really appreciate!
How to access Amalfi coast, cinque terra, French Riviera ?
Good to find this forum!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Are 9 Days Too Much for the Dordogne?
- 2 Raining in rome
- 3 3 weeks in Sicily
- 4 Wheelie Suitcases Ban
- 5 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 6 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 7 Saxon and Norman churches in Northumbria
- 8 Suggestions for couple of days in spain plus best route to get to Morrocco
- 9 Bodrum to Rhodes ferry or hydrofoil schedule
- 10 Fabulous Palermo
- 11 Living like a local (sort of) in London
- 12 A Cotswold Query for Flanneruk
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 Iceland tour, first time - advice appreciated!
- 15 Portugal in January
- 16 Catalonia says it's going to have an independence referendum
- 17 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 18 ENGLAND NOV 5 - 16 2014
- 19 Dolomites in May? Worth it?
- 20 Portugal epidemic warning (November 2014)!
- 21 A taste of Italy in 11 nights
- 22 Naxos in May
- 23 15 days in Europe from 15 Dec 2014 to 1st Jan 2015
- 24 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)