I have 9 days in Italy with my wife and two teenage kids. I will be arriving in Rome early in the morning on Dec. 2nd, departing in the afternoon on Dec. 10th.
My plan is to take a train to Florence upon arrival, spend a few days there and then return to Rome for the rest of the trip.
I would like some advice:
- How should I appportion the trip?
- Should I bother to take a 1-day trip from Florence to Venice?
Any advice, tips would be very much appreciated.
How so spend 9 days in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 2 Germany - Hamburg to Munich Itinerary advice
- 3 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 4 Day trips from Varenna, Lake Como
- 5 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 6 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 7 What is the LEAST expensive way to see the interior of Opera Garnier?
- 8 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 9 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 10 Greece-carhire-ferries.
- 11 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 12 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 13 A Superb 8 Days in Dresden
- 14 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 15 Southern Ireland Help
- 16 Bologna tips
- 17 London and Where Else in late December?
- 18 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 19 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 20 canadian memorial in Normandy France
- 21 Restaurants with good food + great view: Chianti & Val d'orcia
- 22 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 23 non-touristy in Umbria or Tuscany?
- 24 London - Site List Triage -
- 25 Restaurants In Istanbul, Urgup, Ephesus and Alacati