I have 9 days in Italy with my wife and two teenage kids. I will be arriving in Rome early in the morning on Dec. 2nd, departing in the afternoon on Dec. 10th.
My plan is to take a train to Florence upon arrival, spend a few days there and then return to Rome for the rest of the trip.
I would like some advice:
- How should I appportion the trip?
- Should I bother to take a 1-day trip from Florence to Venice?
Any advice, tips would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 2 8 Days in Spain
- 3 9 Days in Spain
- 4 Iceland early december visit
- 5 Christmas in Dresden 2017
- 6 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 7 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 8 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 9 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 10 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 13 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 14 Barcelona alternative
- 15 Paris to Italy
- 16 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 17 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 18 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 19 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 20 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 21 Frankfurt to UK
- 22 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 23 God Save the Queen?
- 24 Road trip with our dog
- 25 Visiting Plitivce National Park