I have 9 days in Italy with my wife and two teenage kids. I will be arriving in Rome early in the morning on Dec. 2nd, departing in the afternoon on Dec. 10th.
My plan is to take a train to Florence upon arrival, spend a few days there and then return to Rome for the rest of the trip.
I would like some advice:
- How should I appportion the trip?
- Should I bother to take a 1-day trip from Florence to Venice?
Any advice, tips would be very much appreciated.
How so spend 9 days in Italy
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Romantic France/Italy Countryside tour/itinerary
- 2 2 weeks in Barcelona and Swiss Apls
- 3 8 days en route to Salzburg - help me plan my itinerary!
- 4 Last-minute detour to Paris: a 4-day live trip report
- 5 Connecting flights. Customs/Security.
- 6 Airport ATMs
- 7 All Set To Go!!
- 8 Help! Italy & France and Italy-Two Weeks?
- 9 Condor Long-Haul Business Class
- 10 history museums or locations
- 11 Italy dolomites
- 12 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 13 22 year olds in Europe
- 14 Where to get best blue trout in Bavaria?
- 15 Toulouse & Paris Day Trips
- 16 Good times in Munich, the city
- 17 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 18 Why don't the French use shower curtains
- 19 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 20 Cylades Island Hopping
- 21 One week in Spain, late May
- 22 Two Weeks in France, reposting TR
- 23 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 24 Euro Trivia quiz #17 - People and Places #2
- 25 Day roadtrips from Munich base