I have 9 days in Italy with my wife and two teenage kids. I will be arriving in Rome early in the morning on Dec. 2nd, departing in the afternoon on Dec. 10th.
My plan is to take a train to Florence upon arrival, spend a few days there and then return to Rome for the rest of the trip.
I would like some advice:
- How should I appportion the trip?
- Should I bother to take a 1-day trip from Florence to Venice?
Any advice, tips would be very much appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rudesheim Bacharach or other suggestions.
- 2 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 3 Gluten Free in Italy
- 4 Dublin Ireland Theatre Advice Needed
- 5 Book recommendation: Non-travel book about the Dolomites
- 6 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 7 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.
- 8 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 9 Whirlwind Italy in 16 days
- 10 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 11 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 12 Italy, somewhere new - recommendations please.
- 13 AVE Train ticket purchase in Spain
- 14 A few last minute questions
- 15 I'm KuKu for Iceland
- 16 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 17 Edinburgh-London-Paris in that order
- 18 3-ish Countries in 3 Weeks?
- 19 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 20 Train tickets from Switzerland to Venice and back with Swiss Travel Pass
- 21 Italy 2010 - Lake Garda to Rome via Dolomites, Verona, Bologna and Tuscany
- 22 Portugal trains
- 23 Sintra day trip from Lisbon - Independent versus Tour?
- 24 Iceland Itinerary Help
- 25 Need suggestions on where to stay in Porto?