Hello again to all my Fodor's friends. I need your advice once again for an upcoming trip to Italy. I'll be staying in Barga for a few days and want to take a day trip to Cinque Terre. I want to both hike and take a ferry in CT, parking my car somewhere to facilitate that. I don't know if all the trails are open now but I'm thinking that if I start early enough, I can park in Lerici or La Spezia or Portoverere (advice happily considered), take a ferry to ?, hike up the coast and then take the ferry back down to where I've parked. I'd rather do the hiking in the early part of the day so as to stay cool and be able to eat lunch before the restaurants close for siesta. Do you think this is doable? What is the least confusing way to manage my day?
How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He said , she said
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 Seeking Portugal itinerary advice (April, 2014)
- 4 Paris in April?
- 5 where to stay in Porto Portugal
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 8 quiet hotel in Rome?
- 9 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 10 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 11 quiet hotel
- 12 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 13 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 14 Venice hotel selection
- 15 May trip to the islands
- 16 Where to stay in Rome
- 17 7 days in Greece
- 18 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 19 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 20 Augsburg with kids
- 21 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 22 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 23 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 24 Three days in Spain
- 25 Italy Apartment What To Bring