Hello again to all my Fodor's friends. I need your advice once again for an upcoming trip to Italy. I'll be staying in Barga for a few days and want to take a day trip to Cinque Terre. I want to both hike and take a ferry in CT, parking my car somewhere to facilitate that. I don't know if all the trails are open now but I'm thinking that if I start early enough, I can park in Lerici or La Spezia or Portoverere (advice happily considered), take a ferry to ?, hike up the coast and then take the ferry back down to where I've parked. I'd rather do the hiking in the early part of the day so as to stay cool and be able to eat lunch before the restaurants close for siesta. Do you think this is doable? What is the least confusing way to manage my day?
How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
View all Europe activity »
- 1 7 days in Andalucia
- 2 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 3 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 4 Orvieto ro Pompei day trip in late December?
- 5 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 6 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 7 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 8 Popping in and out of Ireland
- 9 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 10 Driving from Nice to Besancon, France
- 11 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 12 rent car / Munich
- 13 Apartments in Rome
- 14 London for Christmas
- 15 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 16 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 17 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 18 To Paris and Provence in June
- 19 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 20 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 21 Madrid to Sevilla
- 22 How to get from airport to Venice city
- 23 A full week in The Netherlands
- 24 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 25 Venice 3 days Itinerary.