Hello again to all my Fodor's friends. I need your advice once again for an upcoming trip to Italy. I'll be staying in Barga for a few days and want to take a day trip to Cinque Terre. I want to both hike and take a ferry in CT, parking my car somewhere to facilitate that. I don't know if all the trails are open now but I'm thinking that if I start early enough, I can park in Lerici or La Spezia or Portoverere (advice happily considered), take a ferry to ?, hike up the coast and then take the ferry back down to where I've parked. I'd rather do the hiking in the early part of the day so as to stay cool and be able to eat lunch before the restaurants close for siesta. Do you think this is doable? What is the least confusing way to manage my day?
How should I plan my hiking/boat day trip to Cinque Terre?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 3 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 4 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 5 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 6 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 7 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 8 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 9 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 10 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 11 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 12 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 13 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 14 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 15 American Express
- 16 Airport ATMs
- 17 Three ferries to Mull
- 18 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 19 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 20 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague
- 21 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 22 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 23 All Set To Go!!
- 24 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 25 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides