This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia
- 2 1 month Europe itinerary help for Aug-Sep
- 3 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 4 Provence or Alsace in late March
- 5 Rome Italy air and land tour packages
- 6 Help with Southern France & Italy Itinerary
- 7 Best beach town in Italy?
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 10 Need Advice: 9 Days in Portugal in March
- 11 A Greek sojourn
- 12 NEED ADVICE: 2 Months in Italy, 1 Month through Spain, Greece, and France
- 13 Bollywood in Berlin -- with English subs
- 14 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 15 Rome Underground Sites to Visit - Any Suggestions?
- 16 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 17 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 18 Is Venice really dirty?
- 19 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Micro trip report - a few days in Scotland
- 22 Portugal Trip Report 2014
- 23 Autumn in Paris
- 24 Pisa/Lucca Day Trip
- 25 Burgundy in May