This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 3 Paris in April?
- 4 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 5 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 6 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 9 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 London hotel
- 12 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 13 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 14 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 15 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 16 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 17 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 18 Germany-berlin marathon
- 19 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 20 hotels in Seville
- 21 car rental companies Italy
- 22 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 23 tour guides in rome
- 24 one last portugal car rental question
- 25 Amsterdam hotel advice