This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain / Barcelona, Seville & Toledo - May 2017
- 2 Germany train/bus question
- 3 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 4 Car rental Croatia
- 5 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 6 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 7 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 8 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 9 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 10 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 11 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 12 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 13 kureiff and dcd
- 14 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 15 February in Florence
- 16 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 17 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 18 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 19 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 20 PLITVICE LAKES
- 21 England and Wales by public transport
- 22 Loire Valley itinerary
- 23 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 24 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 25 Should we go to Vienna?
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?