This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 2 Itinerary Help - 5 weeks Spain and Portugal Cities
- 3 ATM skimmer - good example of a traveler finding one in Vienna
- 4 Any experience with these three private guides for the Alhambra?
- 5 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday
- 6 Greece Travel Advice
- 7 Lisbon Airport - A Huge Mess
- 8 4 weeks in Italy July with children
- 9 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Can't go to Ravello so....where?
- 12 Honeymoon hotel in Montreux/Vevey
- 13 Charles De Gualle Airport, Paris to Eiffel Tower
- 14 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 15 Normandy - driving trip
- 16 4 days driving holiday to rural North England.
- 17 Best/Most Scenic Route to Annecy, France from Amsterdam
- 18 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 19 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 20 Need help with Ligurian/CT itinerary
- 21 Getting from Gare de L'Est to Gare de Lyon
- 22 Reflections on our Trip to Barcelona, Languedoc, Dordogne and Paris
- 23 sim card
- 24 Dr Manahel Thabet- Best Places to Visit in Europe
- 25 Happy accidents ,undiscovered gems -London, Paris
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?