This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iwango went…to Nice
- 2 Northern Europe in April-May
- 3 Need Advice! Munich to Strasbourg to Paris
- 4 Greece and Italy in 20 days
- 5 Northern Italy Itinerary Help
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #16
- 7 How to decide where to go in Europe
- 8 A Duty Nobly Done — Anselm and Margriet in Flanders and Picardy
- 9 “… I fear’d to set my foot upon a dead man’s cheek” - Anselm in northern France
- 10 Help ... bus from Cappadocia (Kayseri) to Antalya or Fethiye
- 11 Brisighella or Castelvetro di Modena Lodgings in Emilia Romagna
- 12 For those interested in visiting WW I sites in France
- 13 Airport ATMs
- 14 caroline_venezia
- 15 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 16 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 17 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 18 8 Days in Switzerland for the non skier
- 19 Help with itinerary for girls trip to Swizterland
- 20 Tripadvisor fined in Italy over fake reviews
- 21 First time to Switzerland
- 22 Visiting the Azores Islands (Portugal) LOVELY LOVELY Experiences
- 23 Italy dolomites
- 24 6 additional days starting from Munich in April - recommendations?
- 25 First time Ireland trip