This is my first backpacking trip that i'll be planning to go for in July. I plan to travel for about 25 days before finally flying to Belgium for Tomorrowland from Barcelona Airport.
I'll be flying from Singapore and our first destination currently is planned for Greece. I would want to dive and spend about 2-3 days at the beach to just relax and then move to Athens to sightsee the temples and area. I have heard that Mykonos is an amazing beach. Is it enough to spend 3 Days in Athens?
Next we plan to fly to Italy and then to France and finally end up at Barcelona. We do not need to go to the main touristy places but what places are considered FUN or exciting or beautiful and worth going (e.g not a small town with nothing to do).
Am i being ambitious if i plan on roughly 25 days for all my destinations? Also, for inter europe flight, is it preferable to book before leaving my home country, or do i book my inter europe flights when i reach my destination. For example, booking my flight from athens to Italy when i'm in athens itself.
If you could use your expertise and introduce me some amazing places that i absolutely should not miss out on please advise me! I will be very very grateful.
P.s. I'm sorry if this post is very jumpy and confusing.
Thanks for your time!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 2 Paris, France
- 3 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 4 Suggestions for base in the Var
- 5 3 week stay in Scotland
- 6 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 7 3 seniors to do Scotland
- 8 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 9 sfo to europe
- 10 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 11 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 12 Rue des Rosiers
- 13 Help with final 6 days of Norway itinerary
- 14 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 15 Troyes or Colmar around Christmas?
- 16 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 17 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 18 Christmas in London (& Paris)
- 19 Help with Scotland itinerary
- 20 Take your time to see San Gimignano
- 21 Italy museum tickets
- 22 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 23 What one thing in Paris?
- 24 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 25 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
How should i plan my first backpacking trip/what are the best places to go?