This September I will arrive at Heathrow Airport in London with American Airlines (coming from Chicago), and I need to transfer to Aer Lingus to travel on to Dublin. I will not have checked bags, but I will need to make it through immigration and customs and then check myself in with Aer Lingus. How much time should I allow? Both times I've been through Heathrow it's been busy, but I was not in a particular hurry so my memories are fuzzy. (The first time I was crying my way through Heathrow as an undergrad student reluctant to leave after an eight month long love affair with the continent, ha!)
This is a certainly an annoying way to travel, but my husband will join me in London later in my stay, and we will fly home to the states from London. With one-way prices as high as they are, it was much cheaper to do it this way.
I arrive at 11:25 and I'm thinking of booking a 2:30 flight to Dublin? Enough time? Thanks in advance for any input or advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rouen or Rennes to pick up Rental Car
- 2 Trains in Italy
- 3 One free day in Barcelona
- 4 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 5 Sicily help
- 6 Austria & Switzerland- winter or summer!
- 7 Christmas markets
- 8 Help me decide which major city to cut based on time of year.
- 9 PARIS
- 10 Germany or Sweden
- 11 November in Rome
- 12 Alitala
- 13 Whathello Paris
- 14 Trip report: Paris-Bordeaux-Barcelona-Madrid
- 15 Is This SIM Mobile Computer Plan OK?
- 16 Lisbon: Stay in the city or nearby?
- 17 Germany vs Sweden nightlife
- 18 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 19 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 20 Rome -- The next time around
- 21 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 22 Driving from Culzean Castle to Bamburgh
- 23 London vacation rental agency
- 24 Transport for local Venice travel
- 25 Possible French strike on 9/21
How Much Time is Needed for a Heathrow Airline Change-- Help!