This September I will arrive at Heathrow Airport in London with American Airlines (coming from Chicago), and I need to transfer to Aer Lingus to travel on to Dublin. I will not have checked bags, but I will need to make it through immigration and customs and then check myself in with Aer Lingus. How much time should I allow? Both times I've been through Heathrow it's been busy, but I was not in a particular hurry so my memories are fuzzy. (The first time I was crying my way through Heathrow as an undergrad student reluctant to leave after an eight month long love affair with the continent, ha!)
This is a certainly an annoying way to travel, but my husband will join me in London later in my stay, and we will fly home to the states from London. With one-way prices as high as they are, it was much cheaper to do it this way.
I arrive at 11:25 and I'm thinking of booking a 2:30 flight to Dublin? Enough time? Thanks in advance for any input or advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which market between Bordeaux and Sarlat?
- 2 UK Itinerary Help Please
- 3 How to pick an apartment in Paris?
- 4 Painted Hall in London well worth a visit!!
- 5 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 6 Best Indian / Vegetarian restaurant in Athens
- 7 Train/s from Antwerp to Cochem, Germany
- 8 Thalys ticket, please advice.
- 9 Greece Itinerary Jun-Jul 2017
- 10 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 11 Unlimited Internet Poland and best place to visit?
- 12 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 13 10-12 days - Czech Republic/Austria/Munich?
- 14 First Morning after arrival in Frankfurt
- 15 Uffizi and Accademia Gallery Florence
- 16 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 17 Another Venice question - first stop of first trip to Italy
- 18 Flight CANCELLED by British Airways without notice or refund
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Do I have time for the Appian Way?
- 22 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 23 Madrid to Northern Spain- 4 days/2 kids. Help w itinerary pls!
- 24 Help needed with Europe itinerary
- 25 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
How Much Time is Needed for a Heathrow Airline Change-- Help!