This September I will arrive at Heathrow Airport in London with American Airlines (coming from Chicago), and I need to transfer to Aer Lingus to travel on to Dublin. I will not have checked bags, but I will need to make it through immigration and customs and then check myself in with Aer Lingus. How much time should I allow? Both times I've been through Heathrow it's been busy, but I was not in a particular hurry so my memories are fuzzy. (The first time I was crying my way through Heathrow as an undergrad student reluctant to leave after an eight month long love affair with the continent, ha!)
This is a certainly an annoying way to travel, but my husband will join me in London later in my stay, and we will fly home to the states from London. With one-way prices as high as they are, it was much cheaper to do it this way.
I arrive at 11:25 and I'm thinking of booking a 2:30 flight to Dublin? Enough time? Thanks in advance for any input or advice!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 2 Southern Germany - a base for travel
- 3 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 4 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 8 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 9 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 12 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 13 Travelogue: Copenhagen with Kids
- 14 Stonehenge more accessible with group?
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 17 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 18 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 19 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 20 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 21 Questions about Polish sights
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 24 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 25 Ireland travel passport question
How Much Time is Needed for a Heathrow Airline Change-- Help!