We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. We plan to spend about three days in London going to Windsor castle and other sights easily accessible from London. From there we plan on using the high speed train to go to York and Edinburgh. My question is: Should we stop off in York ? How much is there to do/see there and how many days should we allocate for York ? Also, same questions for Edinburgh ?
how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Recommend a beautiful Costa Brava town we should visit!
- 2 24 hour layover in Paris (CDG)
- 3 Need help with itinerary
- 4 What Three Nations Have The Friendliest People?
- 5 Cyprus photo gallery
- 6 Schengen rule made easy
- 7 Aerobus from Barcelona airport to Placa Catalunya
- 8 First Trip to Europe
- 9 One month (ish) in Spain
- 10 Help: Short visit to Crete
- 11 London hotel tax is 20%
- 12 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 13 Cornwall or Paris?
- 14 Venice, Tuscany and CT in October
- 15 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 16 Advice for 6 nights 7 Days in Switzerland
- 17 Sorrento Advice Please
- 18 Driving through Chianti on Halloween - where to stop for lunch?
- 19 Student Visa versus Residence Card
- 20 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 21 Mama Mia Italy!
- 22 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 23 Ireland or Scotland
- 24 Castles, Palaces and Caves-9 Days in Puglia and Basilicata
- 25 Regensburg or Cesky Krumlov for Two Nights