We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. We plan to spend about three days in London going to Windsor castle and other sights easily accessible from London. From there we plan on using the high speed train to go to York and Edinburgh. My question is: Should we stop off in York ? How much is there to do/see there and how many days should we allocate for York ? Also, same questions for Edinburgh ?
how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 2 Schengen Visa Rules
- 3 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 4 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 5 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 6 Euro Trivia Quiz #12 - Know Your Rivers?
- 7 Ireland / N Ireland clothing recommendations
- 8 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 9 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 10 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 11 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 12 Ireland / N Ireland Chauffer/Guide
- 13 Is my plan ok
- 14 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 15 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 16 5 Observations About Paris
- 17 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 18 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 19 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 20 Southern Spain
- 21 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 22 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 23 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 24 Combinations euro rail and river cruise
- 25 Scotland November 2015