We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. We plan to spend about three days in London going to Windsor castle and other sights easily accessible from London. From there we plan on using the high speed train to go to York and Edinburgh. My question is: Should we stop off in York ? How much is there to do/see there and how many days should we allocate for York ? Also, same questions for Edinburgh ?
how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 2 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 3 Amsterdam neighborhood to stay for 2 weeks
- 4 Interested In Coach Passes
- 5 Giverny in early October?
- 6 visit a working farm in Southern Ireland
- 7 Air France strike
- 8 Voltage in UK and France
- 9 Help with Amsterdam for Christmas and Paris for New Year’s
- 10 Two Days in Prague
- 11 How many nights in Vienna vs. Salzburg?
- 12 Nuit Blanche 2014
- 13 Schengen Visa
- 14 Spain - looking for a historic town and beach town
- 15 Alterations to night trains routes
- 16 Paris GTG 10/1-10/8?
- 17 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 18 london in 2.5 days
- 19 Belgium, Germany, Netherlands
- 20 Looking for Suggestions - 12 Day Agenda for Greece
- 21 Concert at St. Chapelle question
- 22 London GTG late September?
- 23 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 24 URGENT HELP- Traveling soon for Croatia, B & H, Slovenia, Montenegro
- 25 Florence Hotel Advice