We are planning a trip to England and Scotland using Britrail. We plan to spend about three days in London going to Windsor castle and other sights easily accessible from London. From there we plan on using the high speed train to go to York and Edinburgh. My question is: Should we stop off in York ? How much is there to do/see there and how many days should we allocate for York ? Also, same questions for Edinburgh ?
how much time in York, Edinburgh, etc?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 South of Switzerland
- 2 Trattorias/Bars/Restaurants Open Sunday & Monday in Monti (or other)Rome
- 3 Western Mediterranean Honeymoon Cruise Leaving from Barcelona
- 4 DEAUVILLE or HONFLEUR for overnight stay?
- 5 Home Base in Belgium
- 6 France and Italy 15 nights. Suggestions welcomed.
- 7 22 days in Amsterdam, Germany, Austria and Switzerland
- 8 Rocamaxour
- 9 Plane or Train Lisbon to Porto?
- 10 St. John's Navalis feast/festival in Prague
- 11 Looking for nice regions with good public transport
- 12 MaiTaiTom's Paris When It Sizzles; Paris When It Fizzles Anniversary Trip
- 13 Mother daughter London/Ireland trip
- 14 Itinerary for Spain
- 15 Dordogne prehistoric sites
- 16 Practicing Spanish while in Spain - any ideas?
- 17 Berlin to Prague via Dresden
- 18 Paradors in Avila, Segovia, Salamanca and Cuenca Spain
- 19 2 different itineraries
- 20 Recommend a tour company?
- 21 Itinerary help
- 22 England in 7 days
- 23 Germany -Preliminary Planning 2 weeks in Sept/15
- 24 Day Trips from Paris
- 25 Rome: Vatican to Tiburtina Station by bus?