I'm in super early stages of thinking of a March or May 2015 trip to Amsterdam. March would be great, as a friend would be there then, but I could probably only manage something like 5.5 days. I'm thinking of daytrips to Hague, Rotterdam, and somewhere to see the flowers, which I worry leaves me too little time for Amsterdam (love a ton of good art museums). Weather would also not be as good. If I went in May, I could maybe squeeze something like 6.5 or even 7.5 days, which seems a lot more doable.
So ... is it worth a shorter trip, maybe cutting out a day trip? Is there a great day trip idea I'm missing? Zeeland? Somewhere more around the water?
How much time in Amsterdam?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Observations About Paris
- 2 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 3 Scotland November 2015
- 4 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 5 Ideas for Itinerary from Frankfurt
- 6 Amsterdam in the early 1980s
- 7 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 8 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 9 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 12 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 13 Is my plan ok
- 14 The Ghost of Christmas Future visited me..."Lead On"! Paris again...at Christmas.
- 15 Reputable Tours
- 16 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 17 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 18 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 19 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 20 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 21 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 22 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 23 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 24 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 25 Portugal Trip