I'm in super early stages of thinking of a March or May 2015 trip to Amsterdam. March would be great, as a friend would be there then, but I could probably only manage something like 5.5 days. I'm thinking of daytrips to Hague, Rotterdam, and somewhere to see the flowers, which I worry leaves me too little time for Amsterdam (love a ton of good art museums). Weather would also not be as good. If I went in May, I could maybe squeeze something like 6.5 or even 7.5 days, which seems a lot more doable.
So ... is it worth a shorter trip, maybe cutting out a day trip? Is there a great day trip idea I'm missing? Zeeland? Somewhere more around the water?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 2 A few more questions about Brittany
- 3 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 4 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 5 Positano or Sorrento?
- 6 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 7 4 days each in London and Paris
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 21 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 22 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Switzerland in September