I'm in super early stages of thinking of a March or May 2015 trip to Amsterdam. March would be great, as a friend would be there then, but I could probably only manage something like 5.5 days. I'm thinking of daytrips to Hague, Rotterdam, and somewhere to see the flowers, which I worry leaves me too little time for Amsterdam (love a ton of good art museums). Weather would also not be as good. If I went in May, I could maybe squeeze something like 6.5 or even 7.5 days, which seems a lot more doable.
So ... is it worth a shorter trip, maybe cutting out a day trip? Is there a great day trip idea I'm missing? Zeeland? Somewhere more around the water?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 A Wonderful "What to See Along the Route" Request: Scotland
- 2 Trying to get from Dijon to Amsterdam
- 3 Lisbon - transport on New Years Day
- 4 ATM Exchange Rate in Italy
- 5 How to get to Giverny from Paris
- 6 Day trip from Paris to Normandy Beaches-is it doable?
- 7 Bacharach 'live'. Alt Haus closed... Where should we eat?
- 8 Is Bullfighting still going-on in Spain in October?
- 9 My 3 days in Venice
- 10 2 Weeks 3 Cities
- 11 Printing Jungfrau Pass
- 12 Iceland Trip Report - Very Long!
- 13 Southern France Dec 23-Jan 2
- 14 My Home Exchange Near Lake Como
- 15 I forgot my international driver permit
- 16 How many days in the cities of Bordeaux and la Rochelle?
- 17 Barcelona completely overrated
- 18 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 19 Thello EN220: Milano to Paris question
- 20 21 Days Family Trip Croatia-Budapest-Vienna-Prague-Munich
- 21 Ireland & Amsterdam
- 22 Holland Itinerary
- 23 Car Trawler
- 24 TRAVEL COMPANION WANTED
- 25 Procida for a day (or part of one) versus time on Capri