I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe itinerary
- 2 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 3 Favorite restaurants in Barcelona, Seville, Granada, San Sebastian
- 4 Advice on these Madrid apartments and hostels please.
- 5 Favorite restaurants in Paris
- 6 London road closings this weekend: Bike Race
- 7 Renting International Cars from USA
- 8 Europe itinerary review
- 9 Our time in Rome
- 10 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 11 3 hours or so in Milano (quick stopover)
- 12 train from ravenna to parma
- 13 Timing when visiting the Dordogne Department
- 14 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 15 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 16 The Texas Trio Tour England
- 17 Enjoying England for a year!
- 18 European Travel in March
- 19 Les bons plans de whathello - paris - hotel
- 20 Spain - Advice for Beach towns
- 21 Transport from Prague to Slovenia-Croatia-Bosnia-Romania
- 22 My First Trip to Europe...
- 23 Looking for a car with a driver in Ireland
- 24 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 25 Tuscan Winery Suggestions
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?