I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Zagreb Airport to Ljubljana - Help!
- 2 One way car drop fee
- 3 Seine Dinner Cruise
- 4 Sicily: Day trips from Palermo to Erice, Segesta and Cefalu
- 5 ?Prague, Wroclaw, Krakow & Vienna???
- 6 Travel Time from Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord Station?
- 7 Cornwall and Germany
- 8 Spain in February or March
- 9 My summer in Paris
- 10 Need good fondue in Lucerne
- 11 Itinerary Barcelona & Southern France 9/23-10/14/15
- 12 Spanish Christmas season traditions
- 13 Great Hotels in Prague and Vienna?
- 14 Traveling options for Rome to Positano?
- 15 Is this too much? 10 days in Italy
- 16 Please Help - Poland - Prague - Vienna
- 17 Rome - To Tour or Not to Tour
- 18 Train/Subway Questions
- 19 Portugal - 2 weeks itinerary critique
- 20 Bus or car from Dubrovnik to Split
- 21 too many London hotels!
- 22 four old ladies in spain
- 23 Hotels - Rome
- 24 8 days in southern Italy - best way to visit Pompeii and Naples
- 25 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?