I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sundays in Puglia
- 2 K-Day
- 3 Greek Islands (small)
- 4 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 8 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 9 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 10 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 11 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 12 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 13 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 14 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 15 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 16 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 17 Lay over time
- 18 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 19 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 20 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 21 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 22 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 23 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 24 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 25 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?