I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 2 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 3 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 4 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 5 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 6 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 7 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 8 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 9 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 10 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 11 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 12 Switzerland in 8 days
- 13 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 14 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 15 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 16 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 17 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 18 planning confusion
- 19 Croatia Itenerary
- 20 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.
- 21 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 22 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 23 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 24 Day trips to Florence, Venice - Any Recommended Tour Companies
- 25 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?