I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 2 Loire or Provence in January?
- 3 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 4 Entertaining 17 year-old in Rome
- 5 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 6 Day trip from London in December
- 7 Funniest of Fodor Threads
- 8 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 9 What kind of tea can i choose in afternoon tea in France?
- 10 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 11 Photography gear for Rome and Venice
- 12 Classical or choral or sacred music venues in Rome
- 13 which train from Gatwick? And rental car pickup
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Rome or Venice first
- 16 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 17 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 18 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 19 What experiences were most memorable for your kids?
- 20 Paris Oct 31-Nov 4
- 21 Europe First Timers
- 22 LeHavre to Rennes/St. Malo?
- 23 Place to Eat in Aix-en-Provence
- 24 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 25 Iceland photo tour- any tips?
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?