I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?
- 1 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 2 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 3 first european holiday itinery
- 4 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 5 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 6 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 7 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 8 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??
- 9 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 10 To Paris and Provence in June
- 11 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 12 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 13 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 14 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 15 Car in Prague
- 16 Advice on relocating to Italy?
- 17 Euro Train
- 18 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 19 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 20 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 21 Travel by train or bus
- 22 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 23 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 24 Cyprus in December
- 25 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia