I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 2 Croatia, Slovenia & Bosnia Itinerary Feedback
- 3 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 4 Day trips from milano and torino december 2017
- 5 CENAZ airport shuttle - Prague?
- 6 Paris to Bordeaux
- 7 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 8 What's the hotel policy regarding bringing in guests to your room?
- 9 Andalucia Spain
- 10 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 11 What's it like staying in a big agriturismo-like complex?
- 12 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Anyone have a pocket wifi for international travel?
- 15 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 16 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 17 Barcelona - places to stay
- 18 My delightful sampling of Switzerland’s gems, with many thanks
- 19 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 20 Christmas Markets 2017
- 21 Language to use in Belgium
- 22 Private Ephesus Tour Companies
- 23 Istanbul at Easter
- 24 Palermo Apartment
- 25 Please help 21 day driving tour Wales & Southern England Sept 2017
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?