I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Advice please! 4 weeks in Europe Dec/Jan
- 2 ATM card woes in Dublin
- 3 Bratislava to Budapest by Car May 2016
- 4 Need advice on Greek islands
- 5 Portugal, What did you love there ?
- 6 Antwerp Tram
- 7 Need help on possible French train strike tomorrow (Wednesday)
- 8 Slomenice Castle
- 9 IRetiremenrt Fantasy-Italy
- 10 Amafi to Naples - private driver? Other options?
- 11 Paris hotels
- 12 Record breaking rain in Paris
- 13 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 14 Italy in Aug- is everything closed there?
- 15 Are Tatras worth the trip?
- 16 Guidance on countries to visit in Europe
- 17 Train Route Help! France, Spain, Italy & Switzerland
- 18 Cooking Classes- Zagreb, Croatia & Bratislava, Slovakia
- 19 Does my Switzerland Itinerray makes sense
- 20 Trip report European honeymoon
- 21 Twelve Nights: Venice, Bologna & Paris (plus Ravenna)
- 22 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 23 Corsica, Sicily or Cinque Terre for summer trip?
- 24 Prague, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest which to choose?
- 25 Netflix and Hulu
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?