I know probably thousands of people as this on a regular basis just looking for some info and ideas.
I've been wanting to travel since I can remember now 26 and in a position where I currently have no job (gave up my own business when spilt with boyfriend, no long term accommodation due to us splitting up. I am now in a blessing of a situation that all these things have happend together and I feel the time is now to go travelling I could hold back a little longer and get some more money but I am scared of falling back into old ways of becoming comrfortable.
So here is the scoop
I have £5,000 and as much time as I can afford, I know going now just before winter isn't ideal but I also like the idea of it not being as busy but still with solo travellers like myself.
I have no time to do much planning and wish to take in culture, meeting new people, maybe finish off with some work to fund the trip longer.
My trouble is I am overwhelmed with how much planning some people do.... I basically wanna pick a city, go there get the feel for it and see where it takes me.
I have family in Hamburg and my main countires of choice to visit on this trip are Holland, Germany (take alot in such as Munich to Hamburg and round again!) Belguim (Bruges), Czech, Poland, Austria.
Any and I mean any info/ideas are welcome
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Arrival day suggestions (South Kensington)
- 2 Oct '16 Tuscany assistance
- 3 Earthquake info for Perugia and Assisi
- 4 Glasgow and surrounding area help
- 5 Viator's Tuscany in one day sightseeing tour
- 6 from Charles de Gaulle to central Paris
- 7 3 Weeks in Italy near Milan
- 8 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 9 Drinks in Spain
- 10 12 days europe
- 11 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 12 Which Dordogne caves can be easily seen without advance reservations?
- 13 13 days in Paris, plans and budget
- 14 Ali
- 15 Christmas Week in London
- 16 Travel from Dublin Airport to Sligo City
- 17 Ireland Trip + 3 days in Dublin
- 18 Day Trip to Greenland from Reykjavik
- 19 Too much for one day?
- 20 Travel WiFi - France
- 21 Italy for the first time
- 22 Heat wave in Paris? Learn to live with it!
- 23 RFID Protection
- 24 Iceland: The Land of Fire and Ice
- 25 Germany and Austria trip report
How much planning can I get away with for first trip to Europe?