So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Kerry /Dingle Bus Tour
- 2 Return to Paris after 15 Years
- 3 Travel help laundary
- 4 Restaurant recommendations Athens
- 5 Trip Report: Ghent, Normandy and Brittany
- 6 6 nights in Dublin
- 7 "Meals Game Plan" for Rome, Sorrento, and Florence, per piacere.?
- 8 Puglia and Matera
- 9 Going to Istanbul for 3 days
- 10 Help with 1 week in Normandy / Loire Valley
- 11 MaiTaiTom's "Insane For Spain" - 2015
- 12 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 13 After Bordeaux - any suggestions?
- 14 Newbie - seeking any advice
- 15 Is credit card rental car insurance worth it??
- 16 Bruges to Brussels Central
- 17 Tour Sicily in 11 days by public transport
- 18 Norway and Netherlands
- 19 Getting married in Europe- Ceremony
- 20 Lisboa upscale hotel choice (??)
- 21 Barcelona
- 22 Croatia vs Prague - suggestion pls
- 23 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 24 Trip planning--Portugal and Spain
- 25 Cinque Terre