So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lakes District UK
- 2 Current Recs for accommodations near Glencoe
- 3 Oct. 2014 in Croatia, Slovenia, Montenagro and Bosnia-Herzegovina: TR
- 4 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 5 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 6 Chilling in the Cyclades May 2014--Mykonos, Naxos, Paros, Santorini, Athens
- 7 Paris French Language School - Help me decide:
- 8 Working Holiday in Germany
- 9 December vacation help, 2 weeks - southern Italy or Spain or other?
- 10 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 11 Need Advice: 12 Days in Europe
- 12 Transport in Venice
- 13 England & Scotland in April
- 14 How to structure this trip?
- 15 Wengen to Torino?
- 16 When to go to Sicily
- 17 Paris Perfect: Which Apt for Honeymoon?
- 18 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 19 Loving Italy: our trip to Rome, San Gimigniano and Venice
- 20 Tentative 2 week itinerary for Paris
- 21 Too Ambitious of an Itinerary?
- 22 Pleasant Perches from which to Ponder Paris?
- 23 Prebook B&Bs
- 24 Suggestions for Munich in early December
- 25 Has anyone every used a company called Portugal Trails