So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hp printer Errors CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Technical SUPP0RT Care
- 2 Maximizing Norway time
- 3 TR-Croatia and Italy. A bit long but it's all here in one post.
- 4 TravelCard vs Oyster
- 5 Any suggested guide or tour companies for the Acropolis?
- 6 Warning about visa subcontractor VFS Global in Chicago
- 7 Hiking in Switzerland
- 8 Best layover option
- 9 Suppose to leave on the 24th, still no visa
- 10 Need advice on the place to visit in Prague
- 11 Spanish Civil War Tour in Barcelona
- 12 Feedback On Relaxed Plan While Staying In Saignon
- 13 Berlin
- 14 Ideas for drive from Munich to Ramstein/Kaiserslautern to Garmisch
- 15 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 16 3 days solo in London
- 17 Info for Edinburgh visit
- 18 Summer Mountain Retreats
- 19 Lunch in Lake Garda
- 20 Laura and Steve's Spanish Adventure
- 21 Advice for Honeymoon in Iceland (5 days)
- 22 Belfast leading up to July 12
- 23 Rethinking my late September vacation in Madrid/Andalusia – Italy instead?
- 24 Paris Perfect Legal?
- 25 Hotels in Turin