So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples - Hotel to stay for 2 nites
- 2 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 3 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 4 Help us plan our itinerary......pleeeeeaaase
- 5 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 6 tour guides in rome
- 7 Cordoba -- What to do on a Monday?
- 8 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 9 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 10 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 11 Day trip on the Rhine
- 12 poland to switzerland
- 13 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 14 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 15 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 16 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 17 People acting out Paris Metro Names
- 18 England/Scotland Itinerary
- 19 Reims for a day
- 20 Toulouse and beyond -
- 21 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 22 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 23 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 24 Parking Car in Amsterdam - Need Advice
- 25 getting on highway from Avignon TVG Europcar rental place