So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 2 UK in May and June
- 3 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 4 London GTG - early Oct are you available?
- 5 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 6 For Paris-knowledgable - best neighborhood to stay a week-plus
- 7 13 nights in switzerland
- 8 Alhambra
- 9 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 10 Uber or driver/tour guide in Cotswolds?
- 11 Copenhagen or Stockholm? for music
- 12 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 13 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch
- 14 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 15 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 16 Thinking about the Fjords
- 17 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 18 Athens, Greece to Venice...maybe my favorite trip yet?
- 19 Berlin activities -need help with organisation, please
- 20 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 21 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 23 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
- 24 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 25 Paris in November