So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 20 days in Great Britain - Self Drive Itinerary Ideas
- 2 Prague hotels
- 3 London - Apartment Rental companies
- 4 First time in France
- 5 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 6 Munich
- 7 Puglia or La Langhe
- 8 What to expect over Christmas
- 9 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 10 English Countryside
- 11 Manchester Christmas Markets 2016
- 12 Getting from Ljubljana to Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 14 Are you looking Benefits Webdesign Hull?
- 15 did anyone familiar with p-airbus for airport transportation?
- 16 Italy/Greece with kids
- 17 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 18 Rome
- 19 Europe in the Winter for a week
- 20 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 21 Need help in travel planning
- 22 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 23 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 24 Northern lights in December
- 25 Booking hotels before trains