So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 2 Italy Hotel Recommondations
- 3 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 4 UZES & NIMES OR Orange & Châteauneuf du Pape
- 5 What is the best travel insurance company?
- 6 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 7 Lucerne and Innsbruck
- 8 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 9 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 10 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 11 French election
- 12 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #163
- 13 Barcelona, Bilboa, Cuena, Madrid
- 14 Moving Around Amalfi without a car
- 15 Advice on apartment in Spain and location
- 16 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 17 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 18 French Election - Questions???
- 19 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 20 Help me bookend our Bologna stay in December
- 21 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 22 2 weeks Europe trip
- 23 Leather goods in Florence
- 24 Lodging in Zurich and Lucerne?
- 25 Gorges de Verdon to Eze - where to stay along way?