So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dordogne Trip Report
- 2 Todi as a stopover?
- 3 Southern Europe Trip for New Travelers
- 4 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 5 Kathie & Cheryl plan our 2016 trip to Europe
- 6 Vacationing alone in Paris, Switzerland, Croatia and Russia 2016
- 7 Driver from Rome Fiumincio Airport to Ostia
- 8 Need help with Europe itinerary
- 9 London (and the rest of the UK) Calling...
- 10 Suggestions for 3.5 day Sicilily Itinerary
- 11 First Trip to Europe Itinerary
- 12 Portugal itinerary suggestions (with Marrakech tossed in)
- 13 Question for Aussies re travel SIMs in Europe
- 14 Positano - Choosing a Hotel
- 15 Basque region of Spain and France in 10 days with kids
- 16 Where to Buy Affordable Scarves in Paris
- 17 Tuscany Country Side OR Swiss Alps on bernina express in 1 day
- 18 Spanish air controllers strikes in June 2015
- 19 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 20 Scottish Highlands For Two Days
- 21 Day Trip from London
- 22 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 23 Provence Restaurant Suggestions
- 24 Croatia Trip Report Part 1
- 25 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas