So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hair Straightener
- 2 Tour or independent
- 3 Back to Bari--Basilicata Itinerary Musings
- 4 Munich and Garmisch-Partenkirchen: a german trip report
- 5 What to see in Dresden...
- 6 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 7 10 days in Germany
- 8 Ireland Itinerary Help
- 9 Vet my itinerary
- 10 England, Ireland, and France. What can I see in two weeks?
- 11 Italy - best two central locations
- 12 Warsaw Hotel Questions
- 13 Tower of London for the "sensitive"
- 14 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 15 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 16 Sicily - Itinerary suggestions
- 17 Rent in Paris - Long stay
- 18 Andalusia itinerary comments & advice please!
- 19 Backpacking/Train Travel in Europe
- 20 Paris authorities raid suspected illegal vacation rentals in 1er & 6er
- 21 Please help with my almost 3 week itinerary for Croatia
- 22 Would you give up time in Malaga for more time in Granada?
- 23 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 24 Lisbon Rental Car Pickup Location
- 25 Another Book List for Italy