So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy/ Spain in December
- 2 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 3 Calling out to all Spain lovers! 2 weeks in mid Sep - need some new ideas!
- 4 Places for Solo Traveling Near Paris
- 5 Our completely revamped, circular tour of Andalucia--more help, please!
- 6 Where to stay two nights before flying from Heathrow?
- 7 Rental car scams in Italy
- 8 Venice - things to do?
- 9 Two Twentysomethings in Central Europe ITINERARY
- 10 Help on Norway please - too much to cover too little time.
- 11 Rental Car in Paris
- 12 Seville Ronda Nerja Granada: Please critique Andalucia driving itinerary.
- 13 London, Vienna, Prague Trip Report -- Part 7 Cesky Krumlov and Prague
- 14 Quality > Quantity and Land > Cruise?
- 15 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 16 10 Days in Iceland
- 17 London & Area Itinerary Help
- 18 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 19 Exploring W, S and SE with minimal backtracking
- 20 Advice on Euro-Trip Itinerary - Spain, France, Switzerland, Austria, Italy
- 21 Need Help, Iceland
- 22 France, Italy, Ireland ?
- 23 Hotel and activity recommendations in Basque Region??
- 24 2 week France Itinerary Opinions Please
- 25 Phone options - Sweden, Norway, Iceland