So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lisbon transportation
- 2 One day in Paris!
- 3 PAY ATTENTION AT TERMINI TRAIN STATION
- 4 driving loop in Normandy
- 5 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 6 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 7 French Basque country
- 8 Swiss Travel Pass for US citizens
- 9 Eating Our Way Through Paris...Again! Trip Report
- 10 Lake Maggiore?
- 11 Last Supper Tickets Milan
- 12 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 13 Iceland - reservations for tours in advance?
- 14 Rental property in Berner Oberland?
- 15 Three girls in Naples
- 16 Four Awesome Weeks in the North of Spain and Catalunya
- 17 HELP! Mediolanum Forum Assago, Italy??
- 18 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 19 Arcona living munchen or Pullman Munich
- 20 Luggage in rental car while touring Normandie and Loire Valley
- 21 Champagne Houses open in December - Reims
- 22 If Greece exits
- 23 Berlin Walking Tours - Any recommendations?
- 24 Expresso Wifi - Other Wifi Devices
- 25 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland