So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Short trip: Cartmel near South Lakes
- 2 Jeff Steiner interviews Adrian Leeds re Paris short-term rentals.
- 3 Planning a trip to England and Paris at Christmas Break
- 4 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 5 Uk visa processing time
- 6 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 7 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 8 NZ Passport validity
- 9 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 10 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 11 Uk visa
- 12 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 13 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 14 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 15 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 16 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 17 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 18 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 19 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 20 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 21 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 22 Porto to Salamanca
- 23 Trip to Italy
- 24 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 25 Copenhagen hotel