So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Budget for eating out in Italy, France and Berlin?
- 2 Gift for my European Friends- How about Hershey?
- 3 Which disposable cell phone to buy in France?
- 4 Best Luggage for Cobblestone/Stairs
- 5 bicycling garmisch oberammergau fussen
- 6 Buying Prado Museum tickets online
- 7 Best town for 3 nights on the Costa Brava?
- 8 Which area to stay in Madrid?
- 9 Andalucia itinerary help
- 10 Restaurants near Pantheon in Rome
- 11 A taste of Scotland and Ireland
- 12 Hotel in Paris
- 13 3 and a half days in Helsinki and Tallinn..help with itinerary?
- 14 French Immersion Advice Needed
- 15 lauterbrunnen lodging, down to 2 choices
- 16 Travelling From Seattle to Italy, Mid May
- 17 Belgium for 4 nights by train
- 18 Traffic fine one year later! What to do?
- 19 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!
- 20 Mont St. Michele?
- 21 Driving Croatia turkey via Greece
- 22 Berlin: evening dining
- 23 Alhambra questions
- 24 IST plane transfer - cutting it too close?
- 25 Going to Croatia for 7-9 days in early June