So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 2 where to stay in Germany
- 3 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 4 Spending money in Italy?
- 5 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 6 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 7 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 8 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 9 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 10 Theater in London
- 11 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 12 How to make this adventure work?
- 13 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 14 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 15 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 16 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 17 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Majorca - where to stay?
- 22 Basel - Day Trip
- 23 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 24 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!