So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: for a family with children, Saint Germain or Le Marais?
- 2 Biel/Bienne Experts
- 3 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 4 Italy Spending Budget
- 5 Barcelona hotel: convenient but not hustle bustle city location & Madrid??
- 6 Ireland or Scotland
- 7 Nice to the luberons
- 8 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 9 Various Cities to Travel in May 2015
- 10 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 11 Cotswolds first time
- 12 Brescia, Italy - Agriturismo needed or?
- 13 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 14 How are Asians perceived in the Netherlands and Norway?
- 15 Schengen rule made easy
- 16 Is using a backpack in Europe safe?
- 17 London hotel tax is 20%
- 18 York (UK) railway station to Herz depot on foot
- 19 Driving from Amboise to Dinan--advice needed
- 20 La Barceloneta Protests.
- 21 There's no Place Like London: Part 1
- 22 Solo female travelling to Turkey! Suggestions?!
- 23 Where next? UK, Greece, Germany, or Spain?
- 24 Sorrento Advice Please
- 25 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions