So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
- 1 Car in Prague
- 2 Rome Accommodation
- 3 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 4 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 5 Istanbul hotels
- 6 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 7 2 Week European Itinerary
- 8 Germany with our 2 girls....help with itinerary
- 9 TGV and Provence questions
- 10 On TCM on 4/28/06 Cinema Paradiso
- 11 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 12 River Cruise from Moscow to St. Petersburg
- 13 Driving Slovenia & Noerthern Croatia
- 14 Barcelona - Hotel Help
- 15 To Paris and Provence in June
- 16 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 17 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 18 Suggestion for car service from DeGaulle to apartment in Paris?
- 19 Vaporetti Schedules in Venice (and how passes work!?)
- 20 Advice on 10-14 days family trip Paris-Amsterdam-Italy
- 21 Family European winter holiday
- 22 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 23 Gift/Travel Cards for Spain?
- 24 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 25 One more week hardly in Paris: still wandering the Ile de France