So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany train/bus question
- 2 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 3 Car rental Croatia
- 4 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 5 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 6 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 7 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 8 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 11 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 12 kureiff and dcd
- 13 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 14 February in Florence
- 15 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 18 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 19 PLITVICE LAKES
- 20 England and Wales by public transport
- 21 Loire Valley itinerary
- 22 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 23 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 24 Should we go to Vienna?
- 25 First Post, Lots of Questions