So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain-Would appreciate input on itinerary
- 2 Cotswold Churches
- 3 Autumn in Paris
- 4 Christmas Eve and Day in Munich
- 5 Frankfurt airport to Leuven, Belgium by train
- 6 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 7 Norway 2014
- 8 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 9 What kind of Tourist are you?
- 10 I dream of Europe
- 11 A trip into the neonatal ward of Western civilization
- 12 Family heritage/name origin services in Poland?
- 13 Young couple - where to stay in London?
- 14 Off-Beat Day Trip from London: Chatham, Isle of Sheppey, Rochester...
- 15 Is Venice really dirty?
- 16 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 17 Paul Durand-Ruel -The Gamble of the Impressionists - Manet, Monet, Renoir
- 18 The new Vuitton Foundation Museum in Paris
- 19 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 20 Weekend in Norfolk
- 21 Best beach town in Italy?
- 22 Burgundy in May
- 23 Athens at New Years
- 24 chrismas in rome
- 25 Your Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe?