So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Frankfurt to (insert ideads here) then to the Mosel region
- 2 What to take to Germany
- 3 Suggestions for travel
- 4 Cinque Terre day trip in about 3 weeks
- 5 Paris Under Seige...
- 6 Bergen/Tromso/Lofoten
- 7 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 8 Denied entry to UK; could this give me problems going to Estonia?
- 9 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 10 One day cruise stop Catania Sicily Trip Report
- 11 Holiday in Austria
- 12 Suggest the best land-based casino in Central London
- 13 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 14 4 week trip Turkey
- 15 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 16 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 17 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 18 Scotland Trip
- 19 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 20 What one thing in Paris?
- 21 Restaurant Booking sites which one to use, if any, in Spain?
- 22 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 23 Golden sunsets in Tver and Torjor
- 24 An Escape from Turkish Chaos to Everyday Venice
- 25 Snakes on a Plane? Our Thanksgiving in Paris!