So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
How much budget for 2 months in Europe?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany-berlin marathon
- 2 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 3 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 4 Nice Video about Poland
- 5 fun4all4 Trip Report: Greece is Great!
- 6 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 7 itinerary help
- 8 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 9 Reims for a day
- 10 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 11 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 12 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 13 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 14 3 Week Trip to Italy and Paris - Suggestions
- 15 Toulouse and beyond -
- 16 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 17 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo
- 18 What country would you pair with Turkey? Greece?
- 19 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 20 Scotland
- 21 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 22 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 23 Can't choose between Seville and Granada!
- 24 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 25 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.