So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 3 Belgium advice
- 4 Portugal and Southern Spain travel tips
- 5 2 Week Euro Solo Trip - UK, Paris, Brussels
- 6 Capri Ferry Tickets
- 7 Munich, Germany
- 8 Cheap Paris Boutiques
- 9 London and Paris 13 day HS graduation trip
- 10 Rome to Portofino -
- 11 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 12 Newcastle train info
- 13 beautiful samos: mini trip report
- 14 Citadines Bastille Marais
- 15 First Trip to Italy-2 weeks
- 16 The Fjords of Norway, Scandinavia - Itinerary Help for Family of Four
- 17 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 18 Amalfi or Positano
- 19 Backpack with Infant carrier?
- 20 Basic Itinerary for Flight to Denmark
- 21 Poland in September
- 22 Family-centered tour for Colosseum or Vatican? Please help!
- 23 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 24 Sim Card
- 25 Public Transport information App/Website