So I'm debating quitting my job next year and traveling Europe for a few months. At the end of 2012, I project I will have just a little over $12K saved in the bank. By April, I should have around $15K-$16K saved (assuming I don't take a 2nd job here soon, which I may do, for a nice cash infusion into my savings).
My question is this, assuming I leave for Europe in April (spring), and want to spend April and May in Europe, how much would you folks say I have set aside for travel?
Regarding airfare to and from Europe, a friend of mine works for a major airline, so I am set with travel - I can fly Business or First class for under $1000 round trip.
I'd like to stay at budget/mid-level hotels (e.g. Thon, Scandic) and not have to resort to eating fast food. That said, I'm not looking to stay at the Ritz Carlton Paris, although, I do plan on coughing up for a night or two at a 4-5 star hotel. I also don't want to come home broke!
Itinerary wise - I want to land in London, and just start exploring. Alternatively, I may end up swinging the other way and plan every little detail.
Countries I'd like to visit: England, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Belgium, The Netherlands, Luxembourg, Germany, France, Monaco, Czech Republic, Austria, Switzerland, Italy, Croatia, and maybe Montenegro. If I'm gone for two months, I'd probably add Greece and Spain as well - it would be nice to get back to Barcelona.
So basically, that's all of Europe for the most part.
Am I too crazy, or is this feasible?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Where to go
- 2 Venturing even further
- 3 Traveling in between Paris and Nantes via TVG
- 4 Travel to France & Switzerland with my daughter next summer
- 5 Apartment recommendation to stay in Paris
- 6 Awe inspiring on the Amalfi Coast....an Albergo "Clash of the Titans"
- 7 help with trip from prague to berlin and more
- 8 Weekend in Paris in October
- 9 Around Geneva?
- 10 Skiing Zermatt
- 11 Europe 9 day Family Vacation
- 12 which dordogne caves AND in which order?
- 13 Scotland in 8 days
- 14 2 Week Honeymoon-Sept 2016-Italy/Spain
- 15 Travelling to Rome
- 16 Sunday Brunch in Paris
- 17 How to enjoy Paris on a low/moderate budget?
- 18 Rome/Florence
- 19 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 20 2 days driving Sarthe, France
- 21 Traveling around Lake Geneva
- 22 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 23 Italy - Rome, Venice, and Florence
- 24 Still another Normandy question
- 25 Seville: Hotel Simon or Tryp Macarena?