My husband and I will be flying into Athens mid-September on US Airways and are scheduled to arrive around 9AM. I was hoping to schedule a flight to Santorini on Aegean Airlines that same day. Does anyone have any idea as to how much time I should allot for picking up our bags and checking in at the Aegean counter? I noticed that Aegean has 10 Euro flights from Athens to Santorini (I hope I read it right on their website) at 11:15AM or 12:40PM and the price increases to 27 Euros for the last flight at 7pm. If I book the 12:40 flight, will I be able to make it (assuming that my flight from the US arrives on time). Or is it safer to book the 7pm flight, and if so, is there anything my husband and I can do to kill time in between flights, other than hanging out at the airport? Another thought was to pack light (just a carry-on for each of us) so that we don't have to wait to pick up our luggage, but I haven't fully thought this through and not sure if it's do-able.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 2 Tour groups
- 3 So much to do, so little time!
- 4 Ireland Trip Planning Advice
- 5 family holiday Rome&Venice
- 6 Baby Milk
- 7 How is the drive from Munich to Paris?
- 8 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 9 French restaurants
- 10 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 11 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 12 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 13 Driving in Italy?
- 14 Back from Bologna, trip report
- 15 Luggage Storage at Barcelona Port
- 16 Super Cover For Hertz
- 17 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 18 Amalfi coast hotel recs
- 19 Switzerland 8 day itinerary in May
- 20 Advice for 5 Weeks in the Nordic Countries
- 21 Spain-Portugal family trip. car or train ?
- 22 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 23 Hotel in Vienna
- 24 Church service in Dubrovnik
- 25 3-4 days Netherland trip
how large is the Athens airport? Will I make my connecting flight?