My husband and I will be flying into Athens mid-September on US Airways and are scheduled to arrive around 9AM. I was hoping to schedule a flight to Santorini on Aegean Airlines that same day. Does anyone have any idea as to how much time I should allot for picking up our bags and checking in at the Aegean counter? I noticed that Aegean has 10 Euro flights from Athens to Santorini (I hope I read it right on their website) at 11:15AM or 12:40PM and the price increases to 27 Euros for the last flight at 7pm. If I book the 12:40 flight, will I be able to make it (assuming that my flight from the US arrives on time). Or is it safer to book the 7pm flight, and if so, is there anything my husband and I can do to kill time in between flights, other than hanging out at the airport? Another thought was to pack light (just a carry-on for each of us) so that we don't have to wait to pick up our luggage, but I haven't fully thought this through and not sure if it's do-able.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Praiano
- 2 Rouen Tour Companies
- 3 5 days in the Morvan (Burgundy)
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 6 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 7 Ireland itinerary help please
- 8 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 9 Ronda Wine/biking
- 10 3 weeks in London, Cornwall and a tiny piece of Wales
- 11 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 12 No Periods in British Written English!
- 13 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 14 Perugia
- 15 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 16 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 17 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 18 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 19 Favorite restaurants, Florence
- 20 Areas in Milan
- 21 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 24 CDG much improved
- 25 St Denis Cathedral
how large is the Athens airport? Will I make my connecting flight?