I'll be visiting Germany (flying into Frankfurt), was thinking of hitting south towards Switzerland, cause my friend and I wants to see snow. I read up alot about fall and winter but I just want to get a bit of idea on the weather and scenery in interlaken/blackforest.
I know it's going to be grey and foggy. But will there be snow on the mountains? We are intending to do snowwalking or hiking.
Also, is sledding available by mid Nov?
So if all these aren't available in mid Nov, what shall we do in Switzerland?
I know its an odd time to visit Europe, but its the only few days we can squeeze out of our busy work schedule. Would love to visit Europe for its magnificent christmas.
How is Interlaken like in Mid November?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip but no PIN
- 2 Foie gras, redux
- 3 Pre-Purchasing Train Tickets
- 4 Dublin Tour Companies
- 5 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 Oktoberfest reservations
- 8 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 9 Duoro Valley lodging for 3 in June
- 10 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 11 Switzerland and Piedmont, Italy itinerary suggestions
- 12 Completely off the beaten track on the Petite Ceinture
- 13 Southern France
- 14 Anniversary Dinner in Paris
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 17 What still confounds you about travel?
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 20 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 21 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 22 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 23 Train to Airport in Venice
- 24 Golfing in Ireland
- 25 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids