I am a 24 year old male planning a 4 week trip on my own starting in December and ending in January, probably spending most of my time in Spain and France. I travelled through Europe a few summers ago and it was nice being able to meet friendly people at the hostel and spend the day with them. I am wondering if there is a much smaller chance of that happening this time around, since I will be travelling in the off season?
There are lots of threads with tips on traveling through Europe in my winter, which almost seems to answer my question, but for those of you who have been during the winter, are the hostels totally empty? Are there no/very few fellow travellers around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 2 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 3 Undisclsoed location
- 4 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 5 RV Camper Van in Scottish Highlands
- 6 Rome to venice
- 7 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 8 Italy bus or train
- 9 Hotel Danube. Paris.
- 10 Moscow, Onion Domes - Travel Report
- 11 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 12 Travel from Madrid to Barcelona with a Side Trip?
- 13 London Air Pollution Reaches Record Modern Highs...
- 14 Need help with my itinerary
- 15 Itinerary help Germany/Austria/Dolomites
- 16 Budget for 8 weeks in europe
- 17 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 18 Chamonix to Paris
- 19 How long from Heathrow to Isle of Wight
- 20 Warsaw to Smolensk?
- 21 Frustrated about Smolensk
- 22 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 23 A new species of Homo Sapien??
- 24 Paris in September
- 25 A few days in Naples - what a great city