I am a 24 year old male planning a 4 week trip on my own starting in December and ending in January, probably spending most of my time in Spain and France. I travelled through Europe a few summers ago and it was nice being able to meet friendly people at the hostel and spend the day with them. I am wondering if there is a much smaller chance of that happening this time around, since I will be travelling in the off season?
There are lots of threads with tips on traveling through Europe in my winter, which almost seems to answer my question, but for those of you who have been during the winter, are the hostels totally empty? Are there no/very few fellow travellers around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 2 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 3 Italy
- 4 4 Days in Tuscany
- 5 If you had to choose one......
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 8 Switzerland
- 9 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 10 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 11 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 12 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 13 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 14 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 15 Revised itinerary for italy
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 18 Italy and Switzerlan Travel Advice
- 19 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 20 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 21 Itinerary help for first trip to Greece
- 22 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 23 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 24 Amalfi Coast help
- 25 Paris Metro