I am a 24 year old male planning a 4 week trip on my own starting in December and ending in January, probably spending most of my time in Spain and France. I travelled through Europe a few summers ago and it was nice being able to meet friendly people at the hostel and spend the day with them. I am wondering if there is a much smaller chance of that happening this time around, since I will be travelling in the off season?
There are lots of threads with tips on traveling through Europe in my winter, which almost seems to answer my question, but for those of you who have been during the winter, are the hostels totally empty? Are there no/very few fellow travellers around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First trip to Europe with teens 14 and 15 Spain or Italy?
- 2 Girl Talk -- Clothing for Amalfi Coast and Rome, 9/28-10/8
- 3 SE ITALY
- 4 Shuttle from CDG into Paris
- 5 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 6 Dordogne France, 6 days, 13 people!
- 7 Bike rental - Aix en Provence area
- 8 Helpful Hint
- 9 Romania : Tip in restaurants.
- 10 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 11 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 14 Itinerary for Italy, Slovenia and Croatia in December 2017
- 15 Clueless, planning trip to Scotland
- 16 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 17 Croatia short sail trip
- 18 Spain, Portugal, 10 days family of 7.
- 19 6 Days in Italy
- 20 The Little Cyclades, Santorini, Vienna
- 21 Stu Tower
- 22 Amsterdam Mayor retires
- 23 two weeks in England including a mini Fodor get together
- 24 Two weeks in Greece early October
- 25 London and Paris - 3 days each