I am a 24 year old male planning a 4 week trip on my own starting in December and ending in January, probably spending most of my time in Spain and France. I travelled through Europe a few summers ago and it was nice being able to meet friendly people at the hostel and spend the day with them. I am wondering if there is a much smaller chance of that happening this time around, since I will be travelling in the off season?
There are lots of threads with tips on traveling through Europe in my winter, which almost seems to answer my question, but for those of you who have been during the winter, are the hostels totally empty? Are there no/very few fellow travellers around?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 2 What tips can you give about packing?
- 3 Portugal - 2 week honeymoon itinerary - Looking for feedback
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 ST.TROPEZ - 1 day Excursions
- 6 One night in Rome
- 7 Sintra
- 8 Americans travel to Russia. Is it safe?
- 9 How the kids age calculated
- 10 Murren to Prague
- 11 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 12 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 13 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 14 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 15 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 16 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 17 Rome Bus Routes - a list
- 18 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 19 Scotland Trip Report
- 20 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 21 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 22 Cordoba Overnight?
- 23 Alitalia - Groundhog Day?
- 24 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 25 car rental in Dubrovnik