Trip to Ireland and England next June/July. Fly from California to either Dublin or Belfast, overnight somewhere outside of immediate city area. Rental house evidently about four hours from Dublin and under two if we arrive in Belfast. We will stay a week in the rental and explore that area of Ireland. Then over to the Lake District in England for six days and then to Oxford for a week of classes and then home. Three weeks at a relaxed rate of speed which is what we want. Questions: does anyone know if it would be possible to first rent a car in Belfast (or Dublin) and later leave it off in Oxford? To get to the Lake District would it be best to fly from Derry to Liverpool or Manchester or take a ferry (with or without the car picked up in Belfast?) and catch a ferry over to ......,? Rent another car in England for the Lake District and leave it there? We won't need a car in Oxford and will train down to London//LHR easily enough. I would welcome any suggestions about these plans along with where to stay/what not to miss/where to eat drink and make merry.
How does this sound?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Buying Train Tickets on line in advance of Trip to Italy
- 2 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 3 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 4 Help with a small island in Greece
- 5 3 night stopover in Iceland - need suggestions
- 6 When is it best to go to Iceland to see the northern lights?
- 7 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 8 International driving permit required in France?
- 9 Dilemma for Switzerland
- 10 England, Scotland, Ireland, and France... Where do I start?! (three weeks)
- 11 Crete at Christmas-which 3 towns to base ourselves?
- 12 Mykonos - to rent a car or to not.
- 13 10 days switzerland trip itenary..
- 14 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 15 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 16 Impressions of Bad Tolz?
- 17 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 18 specific question about my possible trip to europe with Schengen law
- 19 Versailles King's Chamber Tour
- 20 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 21 Need Help For August Spain Itinerary (10 days)
- 22 TR: Solo in LONDON for ten days on unfinished business ...
- 23 Planning to visit Barcelona and Santander in the fall next year
- 24 things in Rhonda
- 25 Month in Spain in September - Itinerary Feedback please