Trip to Ireland and England next June/July. Fly from California to either Dublin or Belfast, overnight somewhere outside of immediate city area. Rental house evidently about four hours from Dublin and under two if we arrive in Belfast. We will stay a week in the rental and explore that area of Ireland. Then over to the Lake District in England for six days and then to Oxford for a week of classes and then home. Three weeks at a relaxed rate of speed which is what we want. Questions: does anyone know if it would be possible to first rent a car in Belfast (or Dublin) and later leave it off in Oxford? To get to the Lake District would it be best to fly from Derry to Liverpool or Manchester or take a ferry (with or without the car picked up in Belfast?) and catch a ferry over to ......,? Rent another car in England for the Lake District and leave it there? We won't need a car in Oxford and will train down to London//LHR easily enough. I would welcome any suggestions about these plans along with where to stay/what not to miss/where to eat drink and make merry.
How does this sound?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 2 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 3 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 4 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 5 Avignon to London?
- 6 Apartments in Jun/Jul in Rome, Venice, Florence (family of 5)
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 9 Need Advice for my first family to Europe
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Better to return car in Orvieto or airport Fiumicino (in Rome)
- 14 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 15 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 16 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 17 Traveling to Munich
- 18 Transportation from Peisey Vallandry to Paris
- 19 Cilento, Calabria and Basilicata: Help fill in a few blanks for us
- 20 Traveling from Amalfi Coast to Pompeii, etc. Using Public Transportation
- 21 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 24 feedback on itinerary to france and switzerland
- 25 Discover Greece On Line (Video + Stills)