Trip to Ireland and England next June/July. Fly from California to either Dublin or Belfast, overnight somewhere outside of immediate city area. Rental house evidently about four hours from Dublin and under two if we arrive in Belfast. We will stay a week in the rental and explore that area of Ireland. Then over to the Lake District in England for six days and then to Oxford for a week of classes and then home. Three weeks at a relaxed rate of speed which is what we want. Questions: does anyone know if it would be possible to first rent a car in Belfast (or Dublin) and later leave it off in Oxford? To get to the Lake District would it be best to fly from Derry to Liverpool or Manchester or take a ferry (with or without the car picked up in Belfast?) and catch a ferry over to ......,? Rent another car in England for the Lake District and leave it there? We won't need a car in Oxford and will train down to London//LHR easily enough. I would welcome any suggestions about these plans along with where to stay/what not to miss/where to eat drink and make merry.
How does this sound?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London and Where Else in late December?
- 2 Spain - Cadaques to Girona
- 3 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 4 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 5 What to wear
- 6 Scotland: Scone Game Day vs St. Andrews?
- 7 Bologna tips
- 8 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 9 Spain, France, Netherlands with 18, 19 yo grandsons
- 10 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 11 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 12 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 13 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 14 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 15 Madrid and London
- 16 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 17 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 18 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 19 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 20 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 21 Gargano Promontory
- 22 London neighborhood suggestions
- 23 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 24 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 25 London Day Trips - Soooo many options