Trip to Ireland and England next June/July. Fly from California to either Dublin or Belfast, overnight somewhere outside of immediate city area. Rental house evidently about four hours from Dublin and under two if we arrive in Belfast. We will stay a week in the rental and explore that area of Ireland. Then over to the Lake District in England for six days and then to Oxford for a week of classes and then home. Three weeks at a relaxed rate of speed which is what we want. Questions: does anyone know if it would be possible to first rent a car in Belfast (or Dublin) and later leave it off in Oxford? To get to the Lake District would it be best to fly from Derry to Liverpool or Manchester or take a ferry (with or without the car picked up in Belfast?) and catch a ferry over to ......,? Rent another car in England for the Lake District and leave it there? We won't need a car in Oxford and will train down to London//LHR easily enough. I would welcome any suggestions about these plans along with where to stay/what not to miss/where to eat drink and make merry.
How does this sound?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 High Level 12 day Itinerary for Turkey; Mountain Lovers and Photographer
- 2 Best website to book tickets for Uffizi Gallery Florence
- 3 Berlin to Salzburg in 2 weeks
- 4 London neighborhood suggestions
- 5 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 6 Spain tips beyond safety
- 7 What to wear
- 8 Ideas for a Mother-Daughter UK Trip
- 9 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 10 Need ideas for a Christmas 2014 holiday vacation?
- 11 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 12 Irish wedding - correct attire advice please?
- 13 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 14 Day trip to Chartres -mini questions
- 15 Connecting with forum locals in Paris
- 16 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 17 Fine-tuning a 30 day stay in Switzerland June 2014
- 18 german rail ticket question
- 19 GENEVE,MONTREUX,INTERLAKEN and LUZERN or Weggis?
- 20 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 21 Madrid and London
- 22 Prague flea markets
- 23 Tipping in Greece
- 24 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 25 Tours for Ephesus and Cappadoccia