Trip to Ireland and England next June/July. Fly from California to either Dublin or Belfast, overnight somewhere outside of immediate city area. Rental house evidently about four hours from Dublin and under two if we arrive in Belfast. We will stay a week in the rental and explore that area of Ireland. Then over to the Lake District in England for six days and then to Oxford for a week of classes and then home. Three weeks at a relaxed rate of speed which is what we want. Questions: does anyone know if it would be possible to first rent a car in Belfast (or Dublin) and later leave it off in Oxford? To get to the Lake District would it be best to fly from Derry to Liverpool or Manchester or take a ferry (with or without the car picked up in Belfast?) and catch a ferry over to ......,? Rent another car in England for the Lake District and leave it there? We won't need a car in Oxford and will train down to London//LHR easily enough. I would welcome any suggestions about these plans along with where to stay/what not to miss/where to eat drink and make merry.
How does this sound?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 2 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 3 Airport ATMs
- 4 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 5 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 6 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 7 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 8 American Express
- 9 Which european city?
- 10 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 11 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 12 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 13 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 14 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 15 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 16 All Set To Go!!
- 17 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 18 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 19 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 20 Three ferries to Mull
- 21 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 22 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 23 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 24 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 25 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012