I have read that Venetians dress up all the time. We are going to Venice, Rome, Florence & Amalfi Coast. I have seen comments, I think on this forum where the Italians comment on our white shoes(sneakers). They are the most comfortable shoes I have & with all the walking we will be doing, was planning on wearing them most of the time. Also what about wearing jeans-
even black ones? If we were to dress in our normal casual clothes (comfortable) will we stand out as tourists? Do they dress differently in different area or cities? Thanks for all the help you all have given us. Rose
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 2 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 3 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 4 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 5 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 6 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 7 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 8 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 9 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 10 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 11 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 12 WWI Battlefields
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 15 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 16 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 17 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 18 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 19 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 20 Reaching the Lake District
- 21 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 22 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 23 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 24 My special places in Europe
- 25 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?