We thought it would be helpful to list our top 10 hotels we have stayed at over the last few years during our summer European vacations that we found special and memorable and would highly recommend to others. They are in alphabetical order by city.
1. Arles, France - Hotel Spa Le Calendal
2. Barcelona, Spain - Hotel 1898
3. Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy - Hotel Florence
4. Lecce, Italy - Risorgimento Resort
5. Munich, Germany - Louis Hotel
6. Rhodes, Greece - Rodos Park Suites & Spa
7. San Gimignano, Italy - Hotel Pescille
8. Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Italy - Antiche Mura Hotel
9. Trieste, Italy - Savoia Excelsior Palace
10. Venice, Italy - Aqua Palace Hotel
All of these hotels had great locations, wonderful service and most importantly, reflected the places we were visiting. If you need to know more about our experiences at each, please do not hesitate to ask.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 2 Parma/strasbourg or frankfurt???
- 3 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 4 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 5 Imbros Gorge
- 6 Help needed/wanted to central/east Europe
- 7 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 8 Bus from Budva to Kotor
- 9 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 10 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 13 Itinerary Paris to Dordogne +/- Loire??
- 14 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 15 Places to cover in Switzerland in 8-9 days & then 5-6 days in Austria
- 16 How the kids age calculated
- 17 Help required with Itinerary
- 18 European Travel & Trivia Quiz #162
- 19 Paris Navigo weekly Pass
- 20 Slovenia & Croatia Itinerary Feedback
- 21 How early in the spring to visit London & England?
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 24 The Txakoli (or Chacoli) Wines of Coastal Basque Country
- 25 Suggestions needed for our trip to Austria & Switzerland in October