In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel with Teens
- 2 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 5 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 6 I think this is a scam!
- 7 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 8 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 9 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 10 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 11 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 12 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 13 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 14 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 15 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 16 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 What are the best places to see in England
- 19 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 20 Indus Tours in Turkey
- 21 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 22 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 23 Estonia Amber
- 24 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid