In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
View all Europe activity »
- 1 To Paris and Provence in June
- 2 Florence in October
- 3 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 4 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 5 Traveling within Italy
- 6 San Sebastian and 2 day trips into France...lodging and places to see
- 7 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 8 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 9 Stories from London, France, Italy & more - Trip Report
- 10 Family European winter holiday
- 11 London at Easter
- 12 4 Women Exploring London Dec 19-23
- 13 Normandy in mid Sept?
- 14 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 15 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 16 3 nights in Bayeux, FRANCE...how to make the most of our days in winter?
- 17 Italy: Planning a honeymoon....HELP!!!!
- 18 Need PIN for general credit card use in Spain Portugal
- 19 Advises for trip to Russia
- 20 FRA airport: How big is "big"?
- 21 Paris to Colmar by Car...Best Route/Stops along the way?
- 22 Travelling to Amalfi Coast in April 2014
- 23 Which travel plan?
- 24 Turkey: Istanbul, Ephesus, Cappadocia
- 25 Madrid to Sevilla