In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
- 1 Accommodation in Lauterbrunnen
- 2 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 3 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 4 Tour company in Toledo
- 5 3 Weeks w/ 6 year old in UK (The Trip)
- 6 Travel with 13 Month Old
- 7 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 8 What is the best travel/tour agency to use for escorted trips abroad?
- 9 The Adventure Begins.. Sarge56 in Italy
- 10 Piazza della Liberta -Florence
- 11 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 12 Berne or Montreux, I can't decide
- 13 Should We Do Segovia With only 2 1/2 Days in Madrid?
- 14 Venice at Christmas?
- 15 Cuenca or Toledo
- 16 Hot Air Balloon crash in Cappadocia kills two, injures twenty-three
- 17 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 18 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 19 How to get from Nice to Cinque Terre by train
- 20 Bruges B&Bs
- 21 Best area to visit in Switzerland during October first or second week
- 22 What is the best food in France?
- 23 San Remo Italy to Paris
- 24 Trenitalia
- 25 Cell Phone for Italy travel