In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotel in Lake Garda or Desenzano del Gard
- 2 How much luggage?????
- 3 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 4 Amalfi Coast in October
- 5 Villa Rosa, Hotel Inglaterra, or Hotel Niza
- 6 Terrorism in Europe
- 7 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 8 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 9 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 10 From Seville to Faro, Portugal and back to Seville on a rental car
- 11 Catalunya Pyrenees Itinerary
- 12 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 13 20 year-old female planning solo Europe trip -- advice??
- 14 Paris: where does a large family can eat and sleep in February?
- 15 Paris in black and white
- 16 Budapest hop on hop off bus tour
- 17 Help Making Xmas Vacation Decisions
- 18 Advantages and Disadvantages of Visiting Turkey At This Time
- 19 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 20 Never To Return
- 21 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 22 Italy Trenitalia Strike
- 23 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 24 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 25 eateries in Puglia