In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wurzburg/Regensburg Weather in April
- 2 Greek Islands in October - who's open?
- 3 Has anybody bought tickets through divento.com?
- 4 Hotel Regno versus Albergo Cesari Rome
- 5 Italy - unusually so
- 6 Barcelona next week, itinerary critique?
- 7 Where to play agains the best outdoor basketball competition in Berlin?
- 8 Rick Steves - Ugly American Again!
- 9 Southern Spain - What to SEE, what to BUY - what NOT to miss
- 10 Venice Itinerary Help, Please
- 11 About cars in Austria
- 12 Christmas and New Years in Ireland?
- 13 Spain in November
- 14 Good book about 20th C. European history?
- 15 December trip to Germany & Switzerland - Ingo are you out there?
- 16 Travel Cards / just made a $70 mistake?
- 17 Europe in December for 10 days
- 18 Only 2+ hours for Schonbrunn Palace...timing question
- 19 Italy..Tuscany Cinque Terre or Amalfi & Calabria Scilily
- 20 Study Visa and Schengen area tourist allowance Question
- 21 Rome Fiumicino terminal 2 to terminal 3
- 22 England/EPL family vacation
- 23 4 Months in Europe
- 24 Never To Return
- 25 Tipping in the UK