In the process of selecting hotels for a trip to Netherlands, Belgium, and Luxembourg, I am finding that credit cards are not accepted at many hotels. They want cash payment in local currency (Euros) . I think this could be a problem, especially at the beginning of a trip. In the past I have had my ATM daily limit increased, but then have run into machines that had their own limit! Any experience with this?
Hotels require cash payment in local currency when checking in
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 2 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 3 Amsterdam New Years Even Recommendations
- 4 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 5 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 6 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 7 DIRECT trains from Rome FCO Airport to Venice start 12/14/2014
- 8 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 9 Airport ATMs
- 10 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 11 All Set To Go!!
- 12 American Express
- 13 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 14 Suggestions on things to do after Sunday Roast
- 15 Help with European vacation plan
- 16 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 17 Our October trip to Andalucia!
- 18 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 19 Has anyone tried Athens Welcome Pickups?
- 20 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 21 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 22 Story of the German Christmas star
- 23 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 24 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 25 Three ferries to Mull