My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris from Dec 29 - Jan 2/3.
After reading several forums, I undestand the 3rd, 4th, and 5th arr. are preferred.
We enjoy trying different restaurants, going shopping, seeing the ET & Champs-Elysees etc.
Considering the above, along with budget, these hotels are the ones I have narrowed down to:
1- Best Western Villa Des Artistes
2- Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier
3- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique
4- Hotel Berne Opera
Which one would you recommend? We prefer a modern look. If there are other hotels nearby that are better, please advise!
Concerning NYE, I have read that the ET area does not have anything special and that the Champs-Elysees would have some celebration. What's the best way to spend NYE as a couple visiting Paris for the first time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 2 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 3 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 4 Paris and Normandy
- 5 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 6 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 7 London Hotel - Different Request
- 8 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 9 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 10 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 11 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 12 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 13 London in Winter Report
- 14 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 15 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 16 Airport Transit Visa
- 17 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 18 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 19 Roma...any ideas for exploration?
- 20 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 21 Paris advice with kids
- 22 Anniversary trip to France
- 23 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)
- 24 Scenic drive Bologna to Lucca?
- 25 Early morning flight Venice/VCE