My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris from Dec 29 - Jan 2/3.
After reading several forums, I undestand the 3rd, 4th, and 5th arr. are preferred.
We enjoy trying different restaurants, going shopping, seeing the ET & Champs-Elysees etc.
Considering the above, along with budget, these hotels are the ones I have narrowed down to:
1- Best Western Villa Des Artistes
2- Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier
3- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique
4- Hotel Berne Opera
Which one would you recommend? We prefer a modern look. If there are other hotels nearby that are better, please advise!
Concerning NYE, I have read that the ET area does not have anything special and that the Champs-Elysees would have some celebration. What's the best way to spend NYE as a couple visiting Paris for the first time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 2 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 3 NOT our first trip to Ireland
- 4 Driving from Viena to Frankfurt
- 5 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Trip suggestion
- 8 Spain in July
- 9 Back from Paris
- 10 Summer Travel order
- 11 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #139
- 12 LIsbon
- 13 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 14 Corfu
- 15 Chios and Mesta Chios
- 16 Copenhagen to Stockholm
- 17 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 18 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 19 International Flight Question
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 22 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 23 Island hopping Croatia - into nature/hiking
- 24 Mont St. Michel in winter
- 25 Travel insurance for Dutch residents question