My husband and I are planning a trip to Paris from Dec 29 - Jan 2/3.
After reading several forums, I undestand the 3rd, 4th, and 5th arr. are preferred.
We enjoy trying different restaurants, going shopping, seeing the ET & Champs-Elysees etc.
Considering the above, along with budget, these hotels are the ones I have narrowed down to:
1- Best Western Villa Des Artistes
2- Mercure Paris Opéra Garnier
3- Crowne Plaza Paris Republique
4- Hotel Berne Opera
Which one would you recommend? We prefer a modern look. If there are other hotels nearby that are better, please advise!
Concerning NYE, I have read that the ET area does not have anything special and that the Champs-Elysees would have some celebration. What's the best way to spend NYE as a couple visiting Paris for the first time?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best boutique hotel in London for honeymoon
- 2 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 3 Paris in August
- 4 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 5 SURPRISE TRIP
- 6 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?
- 7 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 8 Visiting Zurich
- 9 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 10 Fabric Shops in Paris
- 11 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 12 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 13 Andalucia Spain
- 14 Transportation/itinerary help from Rome cruise terminal
- 15 Vigo Spain????
- 16 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 17 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 18 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 19 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 20 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain
- 21 Porto, Galicia and Asturias (plus Leon) Hotel recommendations (??)
- 22 Help with Spain Itinerary
- 23 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 24 Christmas in Spain
- 25 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?