I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Hotels in Dubrovnik (or area to stay)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain for 5 days at end of August
- 2 Spending money in Italy?
- 3 Suggestion for wine tasting and winery tours in Tuscany
- 4 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 5 Christmas Market 2014 Itinerary help
- 6 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 7 Driving from London to Scotland.
- 8 Nice/Cote D'azur/Monaco surroundings - suggestions please...
- 9 Theater in London
- 10 Music, Hippos, Alchemists and More: A Berlin/Prague Trip Report
- 11 How to make this adventure work?
- 12 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 13 Driving Holiday Austria-Switzerland-Italy/Germany-Austria
- 14 Train pass for travel in Italy, France, and Netherlands??
- 15 where to stay in Germany
- 16 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 17 Lauterbrunnen area (with baby)
- 18 First trip we lost a car, this trip we lose a lady
- 19 FIRST TRIP TO PARIS/ITALY
- 20 Barcelona apartment input, please
- 21 Majorca - where to stay?
- 22 Basel - Day Trip
- 23 5 days in Florence - how would you do it?
- 24 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 25 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!