I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Hotels in Dubrovnik (or area to stay)
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Toulouse and beyond -
- 4 Where to stay family of 5 in Rome? Hotel or rental suggestions please!!
- 5 Trenitalia has just enabled bookings for summer 2014
- 6 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 7 Hotwire zones in Barcelona & London
- 8 Vienna highlights
- 9 Questions - Planning a Family Trip to Greece this summer
- 10 Itinerary Help 10 days in Europe over Easter Week
- 11 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 12 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 13 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 14 30 Days in Europe - 29 y/o male
- 15 Seville hotels
- 16 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 17 Italy
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 Reims for a day
- 23 Lavender Fields
- 24 Second thoughts about Provence - help!
- 25 Munich