I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Krakow Day Trips - Renting a car vs. Taking a tour
- 2 EuropeTravel-Trivia Quiz #152
- 3 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 4 Suggest Itinerary for 2 Nights in Lake District - Grasmere
- 5 Emergencies in Ireland
- 6 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 7 Driving in Corwall-The Nitty Gritty
- 8 tours/attractions worth paying for in Prague/Vienna/Budapest/Krakow
- 9 Boat hire in Arcachon
- 10 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 11 Food in Positano
- 12 Airport Transfer from Edinburgh Center to Glasgow Airport
- 13 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 14 Edinburgh to Skye
- 15 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 16 4 days itinerary for France
- 17 Antibes or Villefranche-sur-Mer?
- 18 Paris Hotels Left Bank Thread
- 19 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 20 Which cities are a must in Croatia, Bosnia&Herzegovina and Montenegro?
- 21 Warsaw Pollution Reaches Record Highs...
- 22 3 weeks in Spain
- 23 ISO help planning a trip to England in May
- 24 Rent a car in England
- 25 Can No Longer o a Road Trip in Europe - what's a better train trip?