I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Istria and northern Croatia OR Calabria and Sicily
- 2 Train up the Jungfrau
- 3 Weird trip - more time in A&E than sightseeing
- 4 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 5 Valencia, Spain
- 6 Another Question re Scotland
- 7 London, Glasgow, and ?
- 8 Driver"s License & Language
- 9 Paris drinks/dinner GTG April?
- 10 Mantova, Ravenna, Ferrara fall 2017?
- 11 credit and debit cards
- 12 Help w/ 2-week itinerary to Switzerland w/ 7 yr old
- 13 May get together in Paris
- 14 Greece itinerary - need advice!
- 15 Begur, Tossa de Mar, Sitges
- 16 8-Week Itinerary in Europe (for my 40th Birthday)
- 17 ENGLAND-SCTOLAND-FRANCE-need help travelling solo
- 18 Need suggestions for great restaurants in Gstaad and the Bernese Oberland
- 19 Help with Transportation Options in London
- 20 Lovely Luxembourg!
- 21 Airfare to Italy
- 22 My Final Swiss Destination List
- 23 Italy- Train Amalfi to Siena
- 24 Spain: 16-17 day itinerary help please
- 25 2-4-1 / the best way to use this facility ...