I will be visiting Croatia for the first time shortly after Labor Day. I'm going (again) with an adventure company called Backroads.
I arrive in the afternoon on a Saturday and meet the tour group early Sunday morning in front of the Hilton Imperial.
I could just stay there (and may do so) but it seems dumb to pay 480E for a room I'm not even going to lounge and enjoy. Arrive, wander, crash, get up early, leave.
That said, what would be a good area to stay in or nice three-four star hotels to consider?
Backroads suggested as possibilities:
Grand Villa Argentina
Hotel Stari Grad
Valamar Lacroma Resort
Hotel Uvala (this would have been a good choice - booked)
I wouldn't think twice about 250E or so. Double that, ehhhh. It would be nice to have a sea view, but not necessary as I won't be lounging. Ditto balcony, etc.
Thanks for any thoughts. Even a good location to consider would help - unless Dubrovnik is so small it won't matter.
Hotels in Dubrovnik (or area to stay)
- 1 Solo Female First Time Traveler - Scared to Death
- 2 Norway - Midsummer Celebration??
- 3 Help with Sept. itinerary going north from Dublin
- 4 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 5 Brive - drop off point for Avis
- 6 Anyone heard of or used a hotel booking site called Olotels?
- 7 8 days in Sardinia - first time, need help
- 8 Rome weather forecast right now-is anyone there?
- 9 Ireland - Doolin Ennis Dingle Kenmare Adare With Paragraph Breaks
- 10 Last monte Paris apartment
- 11 Wimpy's
- 12 Moonliner bus question - can you help please?
- 13 Vienna State Opera - possible for adult and child to switch seats?
- 14 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 15 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 16 charming small French city for weeklong stay?
- 17 Shopping in France for the larger than average...
- 18 Christmas in the Netherlands: David Sadaris reads "6 to 8 Black Men"
- 19 large supermarket in Munich - where?
- 20 jungfraujoch mid june
- 21 Train from Naples to Sorrento
- 22 Swiss visit - Mürren for Berner Oberland and Chur? Sargans? for Engadin hub
- 23 Has anyone rented an apartment in Venice for 2-4 weeks?
- 24 Burano - best day of week to visit
- 25 Lake Como & Venice - must sees, dos and eats??